Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

fanatec csr thread

Go down 
+4
APX maroman
xCalluumm
ratR0
RyanHappyHands
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:00 am

hey guys i just got a fanatec, and i was wondering (if anybody has one) what settings you use because what im using now feels like im driving a bus : P
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 am

mine is ordered and I am waiting for it to arrive.

there is some good info throughout this thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:04 pm

I really want one.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 pm

the shifter kit is out of stock until end of the month, so they are holding my order until the whole thing is ready to ship. Sad

first world problems.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 pm

i want a nice wheel too.. how much are wheels with clutch/shifter go for?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:14 pm

The most affordable kit right now is the csr value pack is like $250 (with pedals, no shifters), and the porsche shifter kit is available again for $30.

I ordered the value pack XL. the csr shifters are the ones that are out of stock currently.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:18 pm

damn.. i might try ghetto wiring a homemade kit like my buddy did for his 360

mad cats PS2 wheel
rock band drum pedal for clutch
rx7 shifter
accord ebrake lol
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm

i guess i will wait. A LONG TIME.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:21 pm

yea I have seen some pretty crazy DIY builds with the MS wheel, G25 shifter, etc...

My wife would prefer that it does not look like a pile of junk all screwed together so I got the OK on ordering the new setup.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:22 pm

lucky lol.. i need to find out how to get my old MS wheel to get force feedback again, it worked for forza 2, not for 3 or 4
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:40 pm

^^motor inside might have died or the solder might be messed up.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:02 pm

TSM BeeDee wrote:
^^motor inside might have died or the solder might be messed up.

i found it out.. havent used it in so long i didnt notice it used the AC plug into the wall. i cant find it Sad
Back to top Go down
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 pm

I can tell you now that i have it that the only real problem is the force feedback it's really weird even if you change the settings around but other than that its pretty great.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:41 pm

ermahgerd. still waiting for mine because of the CSR shifters being out of stock.
Back to top Go down
Carlos 201
Mr. DIY
Carlos 201

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:34 pm

will be joining the csr bandwagon soon. but out of principle the real car is getting money first.
Back to top Go down
APX Gingerrr
Wheels And A Drop

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:50 am

retro hoonage wrote:
ermahgerd. still waiting for mine because of the CSR shifters being out of stock.

Should of just ordered the porsche shifter set instead, thats what I did. Half the price and less wait Smile
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 12:13 pm

I watched a side by side comparison video of the two shifter sets. Although they were pretty much the same the CSR shifters were quieter. Plus I wanted the better pedal set already pre-wired for the handbrake mod so XL bundle it was.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:36 am

AWWWW yea.

Got shipping confirmation over the weekend. Expected Delivery on thursday.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Nice! Now fix you internet!!
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 pm

I cant! What we have now (satellite) is literally our only option besides dialup. Its what we get for buying a house in a quiet little subdivision out in the sticks. Its literally the only disappointing aspect of where we live because I love everything else.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:24 pm

I see, are you direct connected or running on wifi? It might help a tad. You should also post a review when everything comes in.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:30 pm

I need to order a cable for a direct connection. Its currently on wifi but the xbox is maybe 30 feet away from the router. 1 level house.

will do on the review. I anticipate racing and autocross will be an easy adaptation, drifting will take a little practice to get the hang of the additional rotation plus timing with the clutch, ebrake, shifter. I need to read up on how to convert the sequential shifter to e-brake use.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:36 pm

motherfuck. Shifter cable broke while disconnecting it. I guess I am putting their customer service to the test already....Only had it set up for maybe 5 days now!

Looks like a standard cable and I will go ahead and buy a replacement at a computer store tomorrow anyways, to always have a spare around. Building a permanent shifter mount on my cockpit tomorrow I guess.

the csr elite pedals are ridiculous by the way. that build quality! the ability to fine tune and adjust everything! that brake pedal feel!
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:48 pm

oh man, i want that so bad now Sad
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:21 pm

who's changed out their fanatec shift knobs for something aftermarket? Do I need something universal that is held on with set screws, or will something threaded work?

I have a few threaded ones lying around....also a beer tap that I was thinking of sticking on the sequential shifter for an e-brake.

suggestions/advice plz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fanatec csr thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: fanatec csr thread   fanatec csr thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fanatec csr thread
Page 1 of 1