Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

got bored started messing around with tuning..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

got bored started messing around with tuning.. Empty
PostSubject: got bored started messing around with tuning..   got bored started messing around with tuning.. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:08 pm

any drag racing guy that uses turbo cars might have trouble keeping boost during a launch ( i sure do.) i found a solution..

set it to manual WITHOUT clutch. turn the brake pressure to 200% and all of it to the back, grab a turbo car and head to a straight away (drag strip is stickier but i race on actual tracks so its a lil more slick.

Hold the brake till a TINY bit of red on the telemetry is showing and so it doesnt rev high while pressing the car.

ease on the gas the first few seconds then floor it and you should hear your turbo spooling. on big turbo cars it spools a little over half boost.

let off the brake and keep it floored, it should either:

1: ride the clutch till it grabs (by then your at full boost.. or

2: it spinns like hell.

you need to tune your first gear so the clutch grabs quick, but it doesnt grab quick enough to spin first gear, im gonna try it with a few more cars firs.. exp. the FRS cuz it lags like no tomorrow.

if you need any help LMK. i can tune your first gear for you it you cant find that sweet spot, DOESNT COST BNB MONEY, jus trying to help drag racers out trying to get a perfect launch every time they race

GT: camaromanLS1

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: got bored started messing around with tuning..   got bored started messing around with tuning.. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:16 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: got bored started messing around with tuning..   got bored started messing around with tuning.. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:22 pm

I normally try to avoid Turbo cars with drag racing because LAG. but this theory sounds like it can improve your times Smile

mind if i send you over a tune or two for you to work your magic on?
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: got bored started messing around with tuning..   got bored started messing around with tuning.. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 pm

sure, i really cant run on the strip tho, by the time you get ready you could have finished Razz i only do street drags tho lol. but these launches are alot more consistant
Back to top Go down
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: got bored started messing around with tuning..   got bored started messing around with tuning.. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:43 pm

thats a similar start to a highway pull

although launching highway pulls is easier
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: got bored started messing around with tuning..   got bored started messing around with tuning.. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Sorta like a break tune. People do that all the time.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: got bored started messing around with tuning..   got bored started messing around with tuning.. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 pm

sorta. i hate brake tunes lol

think of mine as like a higher stall converter in a automatic drag car
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: got bored started messing around with tuning..   got bored started messing around with tuning.. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Gotcha, good find. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got bored started messing around with tuning..   got bored started messing around with tuning.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got bored started messing around with tuning..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Built Not Bought :: Forza Classic :: Forza Hub :: Classic Hub :: Off Topic-
Jump to: