Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A little suggestion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
iTonehh
Wheels And A Drop

A little suggestion Empty
PostSubject: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:16 am

I heard someone mention this the other day, though I'm not sure who, so while I would credit you if I could remember who you were, I can't, so if it was you who put this idea into my head just let me know and I'll edit it in here.

But one thing I think could add to the realism of BNB, is tyre wear. Obviously tyres don't last forever, but at the current prices it would be impossible for people to implement. I don't mean take it as far as to make tyres last as long as they would in real life however, but maybe have it so a set of tyres start off with 100% tread, and lose 5% tread for every race you take part in, and 3% tread for every track day/meet you take part in. This would obviously be limited to actual BNB/BNB community events. Obviously a price change would have to come into effect here, to make this more viable, but I'll think about stuff like that if this gets good feeback. The numbers mentioned above are purely an example to show what I mean, I think if it were implemented the numbers should be higher. Maybe make it so that entering enough track days to wear out your tyres completely, will earn you enough money to replace your tyres, with a little bit of profit for yourself, to encourage participation in events and stuff. The same goes with races, most of the time you get money just for entering, so if you have race tyres, enter enough races and depending on how well you do, you can either use that money earned to buy new race tyres, but don't do so well? And you can either use the money to pay for sport tyres, or maybe even street tyres if you have to, otherwise you'll have to pay for them out of your own pocket, much like in real life. It can probably be worked out in a way that makes this work, but let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:27 am

yeah we were in a party the other day I think Lainford was talking about tirewear.

I think the biggest problem with implementation would be that its mostly just the honor system. Which I'm sure isn't an issue for some of us on BNB, but I don't think you'll have many/any volunteers to check up and make sure people are following the rules, as it would be difficult to track to begin with.

I don't think the tire prices we have right now are perfect (ok, mainly I am just disappoint about 10k race tires), but as we were all chatting about the other night, I get that its basically covering you for a "lifetime supply" of each tread compound. When you think about it like that the prices start to make a little more sense.

Easiest way to stock up on tires? Come in 4th place in my events lol.
Back to top Go down
iTonehh
Wheels And A Drop

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 am

Yeah, I hear what you're saying on the paying for a lifetime of supplies thing. Hadn't really thought about it like that. The bit about it being hard to check up on though, I have to disagree, if the people who post events are able to edit their first posts with the times of everyone who entered, then that would have the list of people who had used their tyres to race. As for track days, it would only apply to the ones that have BNB in the name, with at least four people, therefor there would have to be a picture posted, along with their gamertags, to get the money, therefor putting more wear on their tyres. In order to stop people from entering race events that they don't think they can win, based on the times posted by other people, in order to save their tyres, why not make it so that when someone gets a certain time, instead of putting the picture in the topic, they send them privately to you, that way nobody knows what anyone else got. And it'll stop people from holding back based on other peoples times, and make the events more fun, as people will anticipate the closing day, when they get to find out where they came.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:58 am

Interesting idea about submitting event entries via PM. People definitely hold back posting till the last day sometimes when things get really competitive, or give up on entering based on times already posted. In a lot of real life events, you often don't know the final results for everyone until they are posted up a few days later. I think I will try this for the next event.

There are still the leaderboards that people can check to see what others are running, but they don't have to if they don't want to. Personally I havent been for the past few events.
Back to top Go down
iTonehh
Wheels And A Drop

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Let's just hope that people have set faster times with other cars in the same class that the event is held for then. Razz I agree that it would be better if you could limit them seeing the other times at all, why not have it so people don't post in the topic at all until after the results are posted, that way nobody will know who has taken part, unless that person tells them specifically. It'll make things more competitive, thriving to just post the best time they can possibly do, rather than enough to beat a certain person.
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Well, the honor system won't be too hard.

The person who is holding the event takes a picture of everyone involved, post it up, and wla la, everyone now has access to the event that you took part in.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Right, that part is easy.

Who's going to keep track of how many events "driver x" has run and that he has run 1 event too many on his tires? Or is it really even necessary? Just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:20 pm

If we drop the tires to a more realistic price, I can see this happening.

And also, if we only make it to where you use the tires for offical BNB events, one of the moderators can keep a spreadsheet of all the users with their tires. You'll have to register with what tires you have, wear currently on them, and such. It can work, but it'll take some time to get set up.
Back to top Go down
iTonehh
Wheels And A Drop

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Think about how many people actually enter events. If need be, I would keep track of it, and notify people when their tyres are close to needing replaced. I could even keep track of the events that go on, and if anyone is currently hosting an event, I could post down the names of people who don't currently have tyres on their car, to ensure that they don't enter.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Sorry for being a bit of a downer on the topic, but lets talk about it some more.

Basically prices for tires, and lifespan for each type.

Stock - $400 a set - 25 events
Street - $600 a set - 15 events
Sport - $900 a set - 10 events
Race - $1500 a set - 5 events

I kinda sorta just made all this up for the sake of discussing it more, what are you thoughts?

EDIT: In fact, I think the # of events is too high for most of the tires but I wont change it in this post.
Back to top Go down
iTonehh
Wheels And A Drop

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

I think it should depend more on the events you take part in, races should make your tyres wear more than just casual meets in my opinion, so I think the only way to do it would be with %'s like I mentioned. But the prices seem alright, although I do agree with the length of time they last, that number should be brought down some.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:52 pm

For me it would take too much time to keep track of this.
Back to top Go down
iTonehh
Wheels And A Drop

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 pm

You wouldn't be keeping track of it, you would just be notified when you were needing new tyres.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Then I have no complaints :]
Back to top Go down
ExtremeTurboLag
Mr. DIY
ExtremeTurboLag

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:29 pm

this is actually a good idea, but what if you sell the tires to someone else? will it have to be really cheap?
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:31 pm

I think the price would have to be adjusted for how much life is left in the tires. Or we can just say you can't sell used tires.
Back to top Go down
iTonehh
Wheels And A Drop

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Selling used tyres could work, if we went the % route, they could be worth whatever amount based on that as a guideline, however like every other person to person sale, it depends on what you're willing to offer/accept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little suggestion   A little suggestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little suggestion
Page 1 of 1