Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.

Go down 
+17
MichaelC
MosukeKodoSan
MrTupas
Kru Jones
Ilarnek
Falken HD
l iAlexxx l
addiem0nster
ExtremeTurboLag
DB BeeDee
Mooove
ratR0
PoL1c3
TRK
xCalluumm
APX maroman
Cougar
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Short and sweet Smile Nice one. Cheers for the help fellas I'll bring a few more beers when I swing by again.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Haha, I'll put more effort in the next one. Watching tv whilst I wrote it.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:37 pm

It's cool Smile
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:26 am

Yoooo!. you think i can use the paint booth to get the T/A painted this weekend?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 am

Yeah dude, no problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 pm

sweeet! hows the Z car comming along?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:31 pm

I need some custom engine mounts fabricated if you want to help?
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:02 pm

sure! ill be down there later dropping the T/A off to get painted so i can hang around and make new mounts. your going SR right?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Yeah dude, I am.

See you later.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Pretty busy day at the garage today, it isn't officially open until January so there aren't any customers. I got there early this morning so I could crack on with the 240. After about an hour the mailman arrived with the new parts I ordered. We spoke about stuff for 5 mins and then he left. I put the cylinder head back onto my 240 and re-did my valve timings, then I un-packed my stuff. I had a set of Tein springs, a Kings rear bumper and a set of fake origin side skirts. Nothing for the front, there wasn't anything I liked on eBay.

I fitted the bumpers first, didn't take long. Next I wanted to do the exhaust, I just put the car on the ramp when Ryan drove into the garage in his Trans Am. It was an awesome car, he wanted a spray job on it. I called up the guy who takes care of the paint in the garage, he agreed to come in and help. Ryan got busy fabbing up some engine mounts for my Z, there were still beers in the fridge so we opened a few and spent time talking shit. Within about an hour I had the new exhaust fitted, I started it up and revved it up a bit. It gave a louder growl now, it was still the KA engine, so it wasn't that good. But it was better. Ryan had finished the engine mounts and we fitted them into the engine bay.

The paint guy had turned up now and he talked to Ryan about colours, then he got straight tow work. He was a quiet guy, but he was a quality painter. Me and Ryan fitted the new coilovers, we did them in no time. Then used the alignment machine to set it all right. My car sits a lot lower than it did before. I had to leave early so gave Ryan the keys to lock up, I trusted him. I fired up the 240 and booted it onto the street. I got a few looks, some from the noise. Mostly from the mis-matched paint haha.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 8319360922_daf10cc265_z
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Man would love one of those exhausts on my bimmer. Looking swish now Wink
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 pm

cougar, cruise maybe later?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:46 pm

The only reason I bought the bumper, for the muffler lol.

I'll be working on your E30 tomorrow buddy.

Falken, sure man. I'll be back in about 30 mins.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Cheers bud, it'll take me till monday probably to get the rebuild done so take your time Smile

(only thing forza lets me down on, wish you could choose suitable mufflers).
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:52 pm

It'll be done by then.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Hmm can you keep it there so I can drop the engine in when it's done? It'll be monday at the latest Smile how much do I owe you guys?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Yeah we can do that. Nothing dude, just bring some more beers Monday Smile
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Quick and cheap? Haha Wink cool will do geezer.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:35 pm

sweet update dude! now i gotta update mine lol
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Haha, I forgot to ask what colour is the T/A gonna be?
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:57 pm

bright red, it sgonna look like the red one i posted in my thread a page or 2 back, cant wait!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Had a little crash this morning, a few of us went out at about 2 in the morning. Just a few guys I met at the touge events, some had 240's, they were doing streeto at the warehouses in Carson. We all met up at the media centre and cruised down there, no cars on the road so we had a few races. When we got there people were still working, apparently they were cool with it as long as we didn't do it near them. We found a nice spot, a quick run in, 3rd gear entry and a kick down to 2nd for the exit. I parked and watched the other guys do it for about 15 minutes, I had a few passanger rides too. I had one ride in an SR20 240sx. It was pure awesome! I think I need an SR in my 240 now. They told me I should drive the KA until it blows, then go SR.

I wanted a go in my car, so I rolled up to the start. I had drifted before, nothing much just a few times at Santa Pod back home. I drove as fast as I could up to the entry point, I went off the tyre marks on the road for a good entry point. I nailed the entry, pulled the handbrake and let it come round, pinned it there and gave it more manfoot. On the transiton I didn't slow down enough, the car went wide and I ended up dirt dropping a bit too much. I must have hit a mound of dirt or something because the back of the car bounced. I stopped near the edge of the rod, still on the dirt, there was dust everywhere. My first thought that I was on fire, I jumped out and looked at the car. The guys were running over asking if I was ok. I was fine, a bit shaken but no injury. My rear bumper had come straight off and broke into 3 pieces. I wasn't too fussed, it was only a cheap bumper anyway. We lifted the bonnet, everything was fine and not on fire. So I put the pieces of bumper in the back of my car and parked up again.

They told me that I had come out way too fast, and it was a mound that I hit. The sun came up and we said our goobyes and I drove to the garage. I wanted to check the underside of my car, still unsure if it was a mound of dirt or a tree stump. I opened up and parked the 240 on the ramp. I checked it all out, everything was covered in dirt but was all ok. I was surprised I didn't throw a track rod end or something, because I hit it with some speed. Put my car outside and hosed it down, it was dusty. After that I got my bumper out, drilled it, and ziptied it back together. Put it back on the car and laughed. Plenty more where that came from I thought.

Jordan's E30 was in the garage, he said he wanted it done by Monday. I'm about to grab some food and start work on it. I'll update tonight.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 8322044594_2a4e76c663_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Forgot to add the 15k from the civic to my bank, now I have moar monies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Sweet read man Smile I work down them warehouses doing lorry deliveries I'll come out and join you sometime once I get the bimmer running again.
Thanks ago for the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing. - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing.
Page 10 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next