Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tupas here, ready for the party!

Go down 
+6
Falken HD
Ilarnek
APX maroman
Cougar
TRK
MrTupas
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

Tupas here, ready for the party! Empty
PostSubject: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Cars:

Subaru BRZ
Tupas here, ready for the party! IMG_7856resized
Spoiler:

Mitsubishi Evo VIII
Tupas here, ready for the party! IMG_9505r
Spoiler:

Bank Statement:
Spoiler:

Last edited by MrTupas on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:23 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Hey guys! Finally got my Horizon story together. It'll be my first time writing a story like this so I hope it isn't too bad. Anyway, presenting part one!

Part I

I stared at the keys to my beloved SC300 and Supra one last time before handing them over to my brother, Josh.

"Take care of them okay?"
"Yeah, yeah, I know. Don't be so dramatic, you're coming back in a year or two aren't you?" He asked.
I chuckled. "Yeah, but its gonna be a long time from now...especially without them." I said as I gazed longingly at my vehicles.
My brother laughed, shaking his head.

"You know, its going to be weird not having you around anymore..." Josh said in a sad tone.
"Awh, you going to miss me baby bro?" I teased.
He scowled and punched me hard in the shoulder before walking away to wherever.

"Well then!" I shouted to his back.
Of course, he just ignored me and kept of walking.
"Because I'ma miss you too..." I said in a hush tone.

A pair of arms came up from behind me, pulling me into a hug.
"It's time to go."
"I know Kathy, I was just saying bye." I told her.
"You're so silly baby." She said, give me a sad smile knowing that it was hard for me to leave home.

I smiled back at her, to assure her that it would be okay. Hand in hand, we walked out of the garage to start our new life in Colorado.
I took one last glance at my babies before finally closing the garage door.
"You don't have to come with me you know..." Kathy said.
"I know. Why? You planning to hook up with some other dude in Colorado?" I joked.
She gave me a hard pinch on the nose, making me yelp and said, "Of course not you dummy!"
"Good. Because either way, you're not getting rid of me that easily. Besides, we're only going to be there long enough until you finish school. And I couldn't stand being a billion miles way from you." I pointed out.
"Awhhh!" She cooed, giving me the biggest smile and took gave me a quick peck on the cheek.
"Just don't flunk okay? The sooner you graduate, the sooner we can come back." I teased, giving her a cheeky grin.
"Thanks for the vote of confidence and ruining the moment." "
I laughed, telling her that I was only joking and that we better leave now or we'll miss our flight.

"Yeah...about that...I canceled the flight." Kathy told me
"Wait...what?"
"Like I said, I canceled our flight. We're going to take a road trip down there." She replied, making me even more confused.
"How?! In what car?! We aren't hitch hiking are we?!" I asked, while she rolled her eyes as I bombarded her with all these questions.
"Because there is no way I'm going to let you suck some other dudes di-" I attempted to say before she cut me off with a kiss.
"Just trust me okay?"
And before I could even reply, out of nowhere, a beautiful white car came cruising down the street.

Tupas here, ready for the party! GetPhoto

Being a sucker for white FR-S and BRZ, I stared in awe, seeing how beautiful the white FR-S glowed at night, only to see it being driven by Josh, with my pops sitting shot gun and my mother in the back.

I looked back at Kathy, who was giving me a huge grin before saying "Surprise!"

Last edited by MrTupas on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Part II

And the next thing I knew, I was neatly tucked in the passenger seat of what I believed to be the FR-S, with Kathy driving.
"Ughh, what year is it?" I groaned.
Kathy gave me strange look, but then giggled at my silliness.

"What happened?"
"Well, after I was telling you how I canceled our flight, the rest of your family drove down the street in your new car, and well, you fainted."
Still not grasping the fact that I now own this had to ask, "...so this car really is mine?"
She nodded her head, confirming that this wasn't a dream at all.
"But how?"
"You can thank your brother for that. It was actually all his idea. Your parents and I payed a bit for it, but he also payed a majority of it."
After hearing that, I couldn't help but began to start feeling all warm and inside. I'll definitely have to do something just as nice as he did next time I see him.

I took a glance at the odometer and notice that the car already hit a little over 250 miles.
"Babe, where are we right now?"
"We just entered Iowa about thirty minutes ago." Kathy replied.
"Wow...how long was I knocked out for?"
"About four hours or so. There's a rest stop coming up, do you wanna pullover so you can drive?"
"Not at all, I was just gonna sit here and read some of your fifty shades of grey novels..." I said sarcastically.
Playing along, she commented back, "Okay, well if you insist!"
"Kidding! Yes, I would love to drive please..." I begged.
"She laughed, and pinch my cheek, while slowing down to enter the rest area.

I was feeling so excited that I didn't even bother getting out of the car to switch places.
"Jesus, you're such a kid." She teased, seeing how eager I was.
"Of course! It's normal for kids to be excited when they get to play with their new toys." I retorted.
"Okay, whatever steams your rice! Your dad also said not to drive it too hard. It still has less than a thousand miles remember? So the engine still had to break in." Kathy reminded me.
"Gotcha."

I adjusted the seat a bit further back and readjusted all the mirrors. Ran through the gear box, noting how smooth it was to enter through each gear which shouldn't be surprising since it is a new car and all. The car was pretty quiet but had a nice tone as I revved it up a few times.

"It'll definitely need a new exhaust." I noted.
"Soooo, we leaving any time soon?" My impatient girlfriend said.
"Relax, we have plenty of time to get "jiggy" with it in Colorado." I teased.
She began to get flustered, making me laugh. She swore at me in Viet and told me to just start driving.
"Whatever you wished for Princess." I said, while inserting the car into first and rolling out of the parking.

It was about another six hour drive to get to Colorado. We weren't going to make any stops on the way besides for using the restroom and getting gas since Kathy's college orientation was supposed to start in two days, and we still had to find a place for us too stay and get settled in.

Tupas here, ready for the party! 8215080204_b0d00ee8b4

The six hours went by pretty fast...before I knew it, we were driving through what must be the Canyons of Colorado. Living in Chicago pretty much my whole life, I never had the chance to experience the touge. Of course, my racecar instincts got to me as an idea began to creep into my head...

Taking a look at the odometer, it read 1057 miles, meaning that the break in period was finally over. I looked back at the road again, noticing a beautiful corner...

"Baby, your seatbelt's on right?"
"Uhm...yes?" She said, unsure of whats to come.
"Great." I simply replied back.

I floored it into the corner and gave the car a few clutch kicks. Feeling the rear began to slide out, I started to counter steer, while keep that engine at full throttle.

Tupas here, ready for the party! 8213995393_cec80e967c[/url]

Having drifted a few 86s before, I think I can really say that the FR-S really is a modern version of the 86. It does lack a bit of power, and really does encourage you to drive balls out to do exactly what you want it to do. It also made me realize how much I became dependent on power coming from a 350+whp lexus and a 500whp supra. Not saying that it is incapable of drifting obviously, but I think it'll be a big help to perfect my driving and learning new skills.

Last edited by MrTupas on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:21 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:19 am

Oooooh, FR-S!
Interesting first choice!
I love how it handles in both Horizon and FM4, great choice!
If you ever need a widebody over fenders, I've got two sets lying here.

You can have one for $1,000.

Ask Camaroman (I think Turbolag has the car now) and Camaroman (he has my old FR-S) about the kit ;]
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:24 am

FRS! YES!

Awesome story too!
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:55 pm

TRK: Yeah dude, I was pretty stoked to see that the FR-S was only 24,000 in game. I assumed it was gonna be a bit more, but since it wasn't, I just had to go for it haha. And for sure, I'll hit you up when I get settled in.

Cougar: Thank man! Hope to meet you and that s2k of yours sometime soon!

Anyway, part dos is up! I've noticed that both parts are somewhat long and is pretty much just dialogue...I hope that isn't a turn off for some people. Hopefully part 3+ is gonna have a lot more driving and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Yeah dude for sure! I'll be seeing you around Wink
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:00 am

TRK wrote:
Oooooh, FR-S!

Ask Camaroman (I think Turbolag has the car now) and Camaroman (he has my old FR-S) about the kit ;]

its freaking awesome lol, yes turbolag has it now, trying to sell it i think (sad to see my pride and joy is turning into a whore Sad )
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:55 am

camaromanLS1 wrote:
TRK wrote:
Oooooh, FR-S!

its freaking awesome lol, yes turbolag has it now, trying to sell it i think (sad to see my pride and joy is turning into a whore Sad )

Yeah, I just saw the pic from Turbo's build thread and it looks pretty rad. And selling it is he? Hmm...

Btw, TRK, when you say "one for $1,000", is it each or all together?
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:11 am

yep lol $1000 for the whole kit

Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Part 3

"Was that really necessary?!" Kathy shouted, while hanging on to the "oh shit" bar for her dear life.
"Oh whats the big deal? You've been with me plenty of times when I went out sliding back in Chicago." I pointed out.
"Yes...but not when there's oncoming traffic..."

'This is gonna be a monster when I'm done with it.' I thought as I started caressing the steering wheel in admiration of how well the car handles in stock form.
'Some coils, proper alignment, and a bit more power, and it'll be perfect.'

On the way to Colorado, Kathy was able to find an apartment that was not only nice, but affordable as well.

Tupas here, ready for the party! 8215079364_ea7f0968b6

We didn't really have much to do since the moving trucks with our stuff won't be coming in until a few days from now so we decided to go out and have a nice romantic dinner...
Tupas here, ready for the party! 8213995117_a192b6c73f
At Mcdonalds

I also noticed how big the car scene is up here. Almost every corner I would see all sorts of S-chassis, M3s, and all different kinds of cars. Even saw a fewv hachis who gave me a thumbs up.

Hopefully I'll fit right in.
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Part 4

Its been about a week since Kathy and I moved in. Besides getting to know the area, nothing really big happened seeing as we were busy with the move in and we were pretty much still getting settled in. I have yet to find a job so that we could pay for the monthly rent and for future upgrades for the FRS so I'll have to take care of that soon.

I woke up with a warm feeling on my lips. My eyes fluttered open only to see my girlfriend brushing her lips against mine. "It's time to wake up sleeping beauty." Kathy teased as she flashed me her lovely smile. The same smile that she gave me back when we met in highschool four years ago. She was so beautiful, that I couldn't help myself, but plant another kiss on her lips. "I'm really glad I came with you." She whispered yes while resting her head on my shoulder. We stayed like that for a few minutes until it was time for her to start heading to class.

"I'll be back around 3:30 okay? While I'm gone, you should go out and try to find a job."

"Yeah, I suppose I might as well. It'll be too lonely staying here."

"Good boy!" Kathy said, before giving me a goodbye kiss. "Be careful and don't get into any trouble! I love you."

I laughed at how much of a worry wart she as being and told her "I'll be fine, don't worry k? And I love you too."

She smiled and gave me a wave as she walked out the door. I checked the clock and it was already 11:47. I took a quick shower, and threw on a polo shirt and jeans so that I would hopefully look decent while I go out and apply. I grab an apple to eat on the go as I left the apartment since I felt like I already wasted enough time sleeping. I hopped in the FRS and began driving around in hopes of finding a place to hire me.

2 Hours Later

"Well this sucks..." I muttered to myself. It would seem that not too many places were hiring at the moment, and all the other places that were hiring was for something I wasn't qualified for. I glance at the time on the dashboard which was almost 3:30. I figured I might as well just go home for now and try again tomorrow. On the way back to the apartment, I spotted an old pickup truck sitting along side the road pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I didn't really think much of it until I saw a man, who looked like he was in his mid thirties walking along side the dirt road. Judging by abandoned truck I saw I figured that must have been his and the car went out on him. I felt sorry for the man, since it was pretty hot, almost 95 degrees right now and he was about 3 miles away from town. So being the nice guy I was, I pull over to see if I could give him a hand.

"Hello sir, I just saw a truck pulled over along side the road and was wondering if it was yours?"

"Why, yes it is. You see, I was driving and I had the sudden urge to go the the bathroom and it couldn't wait. So I pulled over to do my business and when I got back, the car would no longer start. I don't really know much about cars and there really isn't good reception to make a call on my phone so I started walking back to town." The man explained.

"Well, why don't we go back to your car and I'll check it out for ya." I offered. The man was relieved and more than happy to accept my help. He hopped in and seemed to be admiring my car.

"Nice car you have here. It still smells new too."

"Yeah, my family bought it for me as a moving away present." I told him.

"Ahh, I see. So you're new around here are ya?"

"Yeah, my girl goes to school here so I decided to go with her."

He laughed at what I just told him and said, "Ahh it must be nice to be young. I remember those days." He took a good look at me and asked, "How old are you kid? You look pretty young."

"Err, yeah, I'm 21. I suppose I'm still young."

The man only laughed and didn't say anything.

A few minutes later, we found the car and pulled up behind it. I asked the guy to try and start the car for me. He did as I told and the car only clicked, and made no attempt to start up.

"Hmm, I'ma go back to my car and grab a hammer, so can you pop the hood up for me?" I asked. He gave me a worried look when I said "hammer" but didn't question. I make my way back to my car to grab the hammer and take a look at the time again. "3:36. I better be right, because I don't wanna keep her waiting." I said to myself. I take a look at the truck's engine bay, looking for the little culprit. Sure enough, I find it and gave it a good tap with the hammer and told him to try starting it now. I must have been right, because the engine roars back to life.

"Wow! What'd you fix?"

"I just gave a small tap to your alternator. Its not fixed for good though, so you should try to get it replaced as soon as you can." I explained.

"Don't worry man, I'ma go to a shop right now and get it fixed. Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it. By the way, my names Jack." He said as he offered me a handshake.

"Oh no worries, it wasn't too much trouble. And I'm Mark." I introduced myself, as I shook his hand.

"Well Mark, if theres anyway I can pay you back just tell me now. You really saved my ass."

"Nah, its fine really."

He raises an eyebrow, "You sure? There has to be something?"

"Well..." I start, not sure if its the kind of help he can give me. "Like I told you before, I just moved here, so what I really need is a job...Do you know any place thats hiring?"

Jack took a moment to think for himself, before he fished his wallet out of his back pocket and handed me a small little card.

"Well Mark, I actually happen to be an owner of a night club. I can most likely offer you a job there, but I'll have to find out what. So why don't we meet up there tomorrow? My number and the club's address is on that card." He told me. I grinned and told him that tomorrow sounds good and I'll come by to the club as soon as I can. I jumped back in the FRS and drive home, happy that I was successful in the job hunt after all.

As soon as I walked in the apartment, I was greet by Kathy with a long kiss. "Hey baby, how was the job hunt?" I proceeded to tell her what happened and she glad that I was able to find a job so easily. She started sharing how her first day of school went, explaining some new friends she had made and what classes she already hated. We talked for another our or so before she decided that she should start making dinner.

"I hope you're hungry, because I'm making pho tonight!" She exclaimed, knowing how much I loved her pho. I could feel my mouth start to water and told her that I was starving and she better get to cooking now. After a delicious dinner, we decided that it was pretty late already and we should go to bed.

As she layed in my arms, she asked, "I was thinking, maybe I should get a job as well?"

"If you really want to you can. As long as it doesn't get in the way of school of course." I told her.

She thought for a moment and said,"Well it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more income you know? And I think I'll be able to handle it. On the way home I saw place that was hiring for a dance instructor and I was thinking that maybe I should give it a shot."

I chuckled and told her "Yeah that would be nice. I know how much you love dancing and it wouldn't really be work for you."

She nodded and said that she would go back tomorrow after school to apply. She gave me a goodnight kiss and called it a night.

Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Next part will come later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Nice ride, nice story Smile can't wait to hear some more about the car and what you want todo with it.
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Thanks dude. And yeah, I should finally be doing stuff next part haha.
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Part 5

I woke up only to find not Kathy in my arms, but instead, a pillow which replaced her position as my cuddling post. Wondering where she went, I looked around the room only to find a note that must have left behind saying how she already left for school and made me breakfast. I smiled, remembering how we used to leave notes all the time back at home...my real home in Chicago. It finally hit me that I missed Illinois. I already missed all my friends and family, and when I started remembering all the great times I had there, well that didn't help much either of course. "It's okay though...We'll be back some day." I said to myself, with a small smile on my face. I figured that it was still early to go and meet up with Jack at the club. So I grabbed my laptop and headed to the kitchen to eat some breakfast that Kathy left me.

Sitting on the table was a delicious looking meal of French toast and ham. I dove right in, practically swallowing every bite, and within minutes, I was done. Satisfied with my meal, I cracked open the laptop. Didn't really do much. Just replied to a couple emails from some friends back in Chicago and lurked around Facebook and some forums for a bit. I then realized that Christmas was coming soon and I have yet to buy anything for Kathy. I browsed around Amazon for a bit, and came across a beautiful locket. Wasn't too expensive or too flashy, but by no means did it look like those cheap ones you can get at an arcade or something. "Its perfect!" I quickly opened another tab and looked into my bank account to see how much I still had. I was surprised too see that I actually had a good amount of money leftover. I went back to the web page with the locket and confirmed my order for her gift. I looked back at how much money I had leftover and decided that maybe I should buy a couple things myself...

Two hours later, I was finally done with my online shopping spree. I took a moment to review the list again, making sure I got everything right.

RS*R Sports-i Coilovers w/custom spring rates.
Tupas here, ready for the party! 7202501386_0244a7f397_b

5Zigen ZR 520+ 18x9.5 +37 all around.
Tupas here, ready for the party! 5zigen_pro_racer_zr_520_ceramic_bro

Cusco Sway bars 20mm front, 16mm rear.
Tupas here, ready for the party! Sway__32772.1350419296.600.400

Agency Power rear adjustable control arms
Tupas here, ready for the party! Agparm__63154.1344468988.600.400

And some grippier tires
Tupas here, ready for the party! 4421

Spent a little extra to get them shipped overnight. Been monster trucking this car for too long now.

Anyway, I shutdown the laptop and got ready to meet up with Jack. I took a quick shower and changed clothes. I called up Jack and told him that I would be on my way. "Great, I'll be waiting! Just tell them your name, and you should be able to get in with no problem." I stepped outside and noticed that it began to start snowing...looks like the drive there is gonna be ten times more fun! But seriously, I think I'll have to consider buying a winter beater of some sort...I do remember seeing a shipment of some Subarus being unloaded at one of the local dealerships...Putting that aside, I type in the address in the FRS's navigation system and was on my way. Sliding a good amount of corners here and there.

I arrived around 6 and well...it seemed pretty dead.
Tupas here, ready for the party! 8323960010_20f5ff871c
Club by MrTupas, on Flickr

I suppose it was still a bit early to go out clubbing so I assumed it would be a lot more poppin later. I was stopped by a really buff dude who I assumed was the bouncer as I walk in. "Oh, Jack should be expecting me...My name's Mark Tupas." I informed him, somewhat scared that he was going to give me a good beatdown...The bouncer raised an eyebrow and took a moment to think before saying,"Oh! Why didn't say so? Jack is in his office, just go down the hall and it should be the first room at the right." I thanked him and continued on my way. The club looked like any other ordinary nightclub...Big dance floor, a stage for the DJ, some booths, some tables, and...is that a cage? Interesting. I came to a stop at a door with the words "Manager" written over it. I took a deep breathe and straightened out my clothes before knocking.

"Come in!"

I walked only, seeing Jack fiddling around with something on his computer.

"Jack? Hey, it's Mark."

Jack looked up, and gave me one of his friendly smiles, "Hey Mark! Come in, come in. Hope it wasn't too hard to find this place?"

"Not at all, I had a GPS so it was pretty easy."

"Good, good. Anyway, I'm a busy man, so I'm gonna cut to the chase. How would you like to work here as a full time bartender? You start out $12 an hour, plus tips. You'll be working 5 days of the week and you'll usually have to come 2 hours before opening and stay until about an hour after closing." He explained.

"That's fine with me."

He smiled at me before pulling out some papers and a small handbook, "Sign here, here, and a signature here. Here's a copy of our rules, policy, and all that crap. Come back tomorrow for training, same time that you came in today alright? I'll see you tomorrow." I quickly signed the papers that he needed from me and took small handbook, stuffing it into the inside pocket of my jacket. We both stood up and shook each other's hands.

As I was leaving the office, Jack called out, "Oh, and welcome aboard Mark!"

I turned around and gave him small nod and thanked him.

I was back in the car when I got a text from Kathy asking where I was and that she wanted me to come home because she had a special surprise for me...I had no idea what that surprise was, but I had a few good ideas. Either way, it looks like I'll be speeding home.

Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:08 pm

im liking the wheels and tires tupas
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 pm

Haha thanks Falken, but don't say that yet! You gotta see them on the car first Razz
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:19 pm

haha very true
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:15 am

After an...eventful night. I woke up early the next morning to find a very large package full of all sorts of goodies for the FRS. Seems that mother nature was on my side today as well, seeing as it was much warmer compared to yesterday and the snow has dried meaning good car work weather! While I was dragging the heavy parcel outside the complex, a thought came to mind...

"I don't have a tire mounting machine, nor do I have an alignment rack...fuck." I cursed. I pulled out an iphone to see the estimates of how much it would cost...it honestly wasn't too bad, but after spending a lot of money, I'd rather try to save as much as I can. So I decided to try this one trick my dad told me about awhile back to mount the tires on...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was scared of fucking up and damaging the rims and tires, but somehow they came out alright.

As for the alignment, I decided to just worry about it later. Shouldn't be too bad after all. Then I installed both the front and rear control arms, as well as the sway bars and it came out pretty nice. Its amazing how much a little change can make the car look totally different.

Before:
Tupas here, ready for the party! 8335992223_25ebfca088_z
FRS by MrTupas, on Flickr
Tupas here, ready for the party! 8335992569_bd7143c045_z
Tupas here, ready for the party! 8337050008_f821274a94_z

After:
Tupas here, ready for the party! 8322901339_831522f427_z
Tupas here, ready for the party! 8322901573_502f29a884_z
Tupas here, ready for the party! 8323960206_ebb6ba623b_z

After taking a quick shower, Kathy and I went out and had a nice, quiet breakfast at a diner.

"Oh, by the way, they hired me for the dance instructing job!" Kathy informed me, while cutting out a piece of her waffle and letting it plop into her mouth.

"Oh really? That's great Kathy! When do you start?"

She rested a finger on her chin as if she was thinking before saying, "I'll be starting next week...I'll have to come up with some kind of choreography to teach and what not."

"Oh, I see. Hmm, you'll probably be needing a car soon huh? We should go hit some dealers and find one that you would like and get it before your job starts." I told her before taking a sip of my milk.

"Well you see, I actually wanted to try buying the car myself..."

I raised an eyebrow and before I could say something, she continued, "It's just that I wanted to try doing it on my own you know? Plus, I know if you go car shopping with me, you're gonna trying talking me into buying a car that would like rather than mine." She said, while sticking her tongue out at me. I sighed and crossed my arms in defeat and told her: "Fine. As long as you don't get something stupid like a Prius or something."

She scowled, and stole a piece of my bacon off my plate and told me off by saying she can do what she wants. I laughed at her childish antics and looked outside the window of the restaurant only to see that it began to start snowing again. The same thought from yesterday came back to haunt me, "I think I'm going to have to buy another car too...now that FRS is on coils, it won't clear the ground at all with all this snow."

The question is, what?
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 am

HUMMER
Back to top Go down
ExtremeTurboLag
Mr. DIY
ExtremeTurboLag

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 am

CADDY
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:28 am

original mini!! LMAO JK
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:33 am

BARBIE'S DREAM CAR!

I win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tupas here, ready for the party!   Tupas here, ready for the party! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tupas here, ready for the party!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next