Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion

Go down 
+6
Iron Chef BBQ
TRK
Mooove
Spaz
Smooth
ratR0
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion Empty
PostSubject: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 pm

BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion 8192786583_3546e722cc_o

General Rules
B500 and below
Sport Tires Max
No Forza Aero

The Conekillers BNB Autocross tournament will take place over the course of 10 weeks. We are gonna hit every autocross course that FM4 has to offer. The events will be run in their own threads just like we usually do the weekly events here. As the events go up, they will be linked to the schedule below. Standings will be kept in this thread throughout the tournament.

To determine the finishing order each week, we are implementing an indexed timing system. In the weeks leading up to the tournament we will be running "practice" autocrosses using the system so I encourage you to participate. Please understand how the indexing works before you go throw a bunch of parts and money at your car Wink

More about the Indexed timing system:
Spoiler:
Points will be awarded in the "reverse" of how many entries each week. So if 8 drivers enter, 1st place will recieve 8 points, 8th place will receive 1 point. At the conclusion of the tournament, each participants 2 lowest scores will be dropped. This is mostly to not penalize you if you miss an event (or two) but even if you make all the events your 2 lowest scores will still be dropped. Level playing field and all that.

Weekly awards will be cash only, no parts bonuses.

1st Place - $5,000
2nd Place - $3,500
3rd Place - $2,000
4th Place - $1,000
Everyone Else - $500

Overall Tournament Prizes

Podium Finishers at the end of the tournament will have a selection of cars to choose from (AKA choose one). I am working out some prize cars for the other competitors as well. I don't want anyone involved to feel like they wasted their time if they didn't come out on top. Prizes are subject to change but for now this is a start to give you an idea.

1st Place
2005 NSX-R - A515
2006 Exige Cup 240 - A510
1994 Ferrari F355 - A505
1982 911 Turbo - B449

2nd Place
2009 ISF - A511
1995 RS2 Avant - B446
2013 FRS - C394
1971 Skyline 2000 GT-R - E213

3rd Place
1998 22B STi - B475
2009 Solstice GXP - B431
2013 Veloster Turbo - C355
2010 MX5 Superlight - D323

Other Prize cars: (TBD how they will be awarded)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TRK's Autocross AE86
retro hoonage's shitbox Autocross Dodge Omni

Last edited by retro hoonage on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 pm

SCHEDULE
(click to go to event threads)
(click RESULTS to view...results)

WEEK 1 - December 14 to December 21
- Sunset Peninsula
RESULTS

WEEK 2 - December 21 to December 28
- Nurburgring GP
RESULTS

- Laguna Seca RESULTS

WEEK 4 - January 6 to January 13
- Motegi Circuit
RESULTS

WEEK 5 - January 13 to January 20
- Mugello Circuit

WEEK 6 - January 20 to January 27
- Silverstone GP

WEEK 7 - January 27 to February 3
- Road America

WEEK 8 - February 3 to February 10
- Catalunya GP

WEEK 9 - February 10 to February 17
- Indianapolis GP

WEEK 10 - February 17 to February 24
- Hockenheim

Last edited by retro hoonage on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 pm

CURRENT STANDINGS

Please note the total points does not currently reflect the 2 dropped events per person that occurs at the conclusion of the tournament. (Each driver is required to drop their 2 lowest scored events)

Last edited by retro hoonage on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm

AUTOCROSS TIPS

I do not claim to be an expert at autocross, but I have done it for several years in various cars. There are a few things I picked up over the years...

"Walk the course."
At a real autocross, after the driver's safety meeting, you literally get to walk the course on foot. Most drivers take this time to view the course gate by gate, visualize how they will run it and which line they will take. We dont have that luxury in Forza....or do we? Try driving the course at a very leisurly pace for a run or two (these are long courses, I suggest two). Go slow, focus on nothing more than figuring out the racing line for the course. Need to review a tough section again? Turn back and go check it out. Remember, wide, smooth lines are best for carrying speed, try to pick the line that requires you to turn your steering wheel the least.

"Slow is Fast."
Sounds counter intuitive right? Autocross is about the fastest time right? Well yes, but its also about not pushing your car past its limits. Go too fast and you'll be braking late into the corner, likely having to slow down too much in order to not overshoot the next gate. That and you will be off your ideal race line that you just worked out when you walked the course. Focus less on straight line flat out speed, and more on going slow enough to get through the gates cleanly and stay on your racing line. Its very likely you'll be surprised how slowing down enough to stay on track can make you faster.

"Drive Smoothly"
This goes hand in hand with the slow is fast idea. In order to get the most out of your car, you don't want to upset it, so to speak. A little bit of wheel spin and sliding is ok, but its usually faster if you don't do that. Braking hard is ok but don't lock up the tires. Turn into the corner smoothly and roll onto the throttle smoothly through and out of the corner. There are times where you will need to be quick with your responses to make corrections to keep your car under control, this will all start to come naturally the more comfortable you become with your car.

"Look Ahead."
This is the same for racing. Or even drifting. Don't just focus on the next gate, try to look past the next gate to the one after that. Look ahead and keep your eyes focused on where you WANT to go, not where you pretty much are already. Focus too much on that inside barrel of the gate you are about to pass through, chances are you may just hit it.

This page has some very very good info and lots of things to think about if you have some spare time to do some reading. To be honest, there is plenty of it that is over my head.

Last edited by retro hoonage on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:08 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Mid December? Noaw!
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Early-Mid December. I gotta get things in order! Plus Vacation 1st week of December and I won't be able to check in for several days.

I want to run a few more autocross events before the tournament, this time implementing the indexed times to give people a few weeks to build and test and tune their cars and see how the indexes work. I think your civic will be a strong contender. I am hoping I can get either my Miata or new 240SX sorted pretty well.

ALSO Y U NO STICKY!
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Mr. DIY
Spaz

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:41 am

I think I'll hold this spot. lol
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:04 pm

I think we are still gonna have weekly threads for events as usual, this will just be where you can find the rules, schedule, standings, etc... and general chat about the tournament. I am working on some updates for this thread right now and should have more stuff up in an hour or two.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:11 pm

I love Sunset! If you need any graphix help let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Mooove
Mooove

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Um, looks like I will have a new fm4 disc by Dec. 13th... lol.

Good stuff retro. I might have something to donate here in the upcoming days.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:37 pm

LOl thanx Smooth, you like my mad photoshop skills?

Feel free to come up with a tighter looking banner. I am terrible at 'shoppin. If you want, I do have 2 photos of that yellow 86 autocrossing if you look up my gamertag on FM.net, or you can take some of your own.

Also sir I do need to send you a PM tonight or tomorrow regarding some prize ideas I want to run by you. need to get all my notes in order first haha.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Can't wait :]
Back to top Go down
Iron Chef BBQ
Cut Springs

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 2:08 pm

If nothing else I can help up the point count for 1st place lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 pm

So in. Just hope I have some bank by then, haha.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 pm

I'll probably enter with a stock Hachi.
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Mr. DIY
Spaz

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm

I guess I need to start getting my z32 ready!
Back to top Go down
prodrift101
Wakaba
prodrift101

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Im down for this!
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:51 am

First event kicks off this weekend! I have the overall prize list (WIP) in the first post now! Also I am open to comments/ideas, this thread is the place to discuss those and the tournament in general. Each weekly event will still have its own thread.
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Mr. DIY
Spaz

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:54 am

Nice Prizes, 3 lucky people are going to have some new cars in there garage! I need to work on my 240sx a little bit more
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:28 pm

First event went up last night! My miata that's now a prize was several seconds faster than my new car. But the new car indexes really well with no penalty. Imma get with Smooth about salvaging some cars from abandoned garages for more prizes.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 am

I'm putting my Auto-X Hachi up as a prize as well.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 am

Thanks TRK. If anyone is willing to donate stuff for prizes thats cool, we will figure out something to do with it I am sure.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:46 pm

week 1 is complete and week 2 is just getting started!

I will likely be posting another non-autocross type event either tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Just to make sure, the final time is your raw time multiplied by all of the factors in the spreadsheet, right?
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:02 am

that is correct. if you happen to catch any errors let me know asap and I will fix them!

sometimes it gets to be a little time consuming to do the spreadsheet, and it can be easy to overlook something or punch something in wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion   BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BNB Conekillers Autocross Tournament Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next