Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.

Go down 
+5
Kru Jones
MichaelC
xCalluumm
MrTupas
addiem0nster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. Empty
PostSubject: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 am

Ebisu drift matsuris coincide with the normal matsuris (festivals) that accompany the changing of the seasons in Japan. I feel we should do the same thing. I mean, we all live in different parts of the world, but there are more opportunities than just the seasons to have a matsuri! Say, your birthday, or any other reason to celebrate!

What would set these events apart from parking lot meets is what Texas Chia did with his matsuri not long ago - there can be a small entry fee and an optional prize pot (your entry fee and a donation of your discretion is added into a pot with everyone else who enters (excluding the event holder), and a lucky winner is declared at the end), or, as I want to do with Blackbeard, have a raffle! Everyone pays the small entry fee, and then, they can drop another $1k into the prize pot for a chance to win a drift car for just a thousand bucks! (in the case of the raffle, the donator of the prize car would receive the raffle pot, as incentive for building a prize car)

Runs would be an un-judged, parking lot meet-style series of 15 or 20 minute sessions at a series of tracks, with simulation damage for that "I blew up my car" matsuri feel. Cars would be limited to 350HP and stock or street tires for an even field that promotes learning how to utilize lower-powered cars and keeping the hilarious drift trains as close as possible.

Loaner cars would of course be permitted for people without a car that fits the requirements, and the scrapyard would be a great addition to BNB, where people on a budget could grab a matsuri beater for a low price!

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 pm

If I were to see an event like this happen soon, I'd be more then glad to partake in it. Especially because I missed the last Matsuri event that Chia hosted.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 pm

+1.000005
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:28 pm

Oh, and going back to where you said that there are other opportunities to host a matsuri. We should have a "after party"/matsuri sort to speak when GRDA Round 1 is finished. After all, competitions can be pretty tense and cause a bit of stress. That way, we can take out our loss in GRDA in the after party matsuri and drift and crash like idiots.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:31 pm

hell yeah!!!!
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Ya haha I'm only gonna get like 3 runs of Iberian cuz of TRK but I'd dig the after party
Plus I want Blackbeard....

+1 on the idea Addie
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Id definitely be down to get it on!!!! Im SURE im going out in round 1 so this event would soothe my sore feelings...lol
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:54 pm

you want ideas for a bnb festival, search up drift heaven week. and get some tissues, i wasent so prepared and had to change underwear Sad
Back to top Go down
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 4:56 pm

more than down
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:16 pm

This is a great idea and you have full support from BNB. Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:20 pm

i dont know why but this idea feels very familiar

and so every knows i will host a matsuri sometime before the end of the month

but i get my schedule weekly so its hard to plan ahead
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Texas Chia wrote:
i dont know why but this idea feels very familiar

and so every knows i will host a matsuri sometime before the end of the month

but i get my schedule weekly so its hard to plan ahead

Haha, yeah. My goal is to take your Matsuri idea, and make it an official type of event. It was way too fun not to!
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Ya haha
Back to top Go down
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:46 am

Just built a matsuri spec beetle. Please. Please go through with this addie. stupidity awaits XD
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:45 am

Well, I'm down for organizing these things, I just can't run them as my Live is going down in two days. I dunno when I'll be back, but if someone wants to host a Matsuri, by all means go for it, and if you have any questions, shoot me a PM and we'll sort it out.

I just wanna reiterate that is Chia's idea, I'm just looking to solidify it as a regular occurance here at BNB. As for Blackbeard being raffled off, it won't be until after I'm done building him back up to a proper drift spec. If I gave him away now, he'd just be a regular old stock PS13, and that's not very exciting!
Back to top Go down
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:59 am

i would, but it's hard for me because i have no mic Sad but i'll try it none the less
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.   So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So let's talk matsuris - like, REALish matsuris.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Built Not Bought :: Forza Classic :: Forza Hub :: Classic Hub :: Chat Lounge-
Jump to: