Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Touge racing for dummies

Go down 
+8
Texas Chia
MosukeKodoSan
TRK
addiem0nster
Impulse
DB BeeDee
ExtremeTurboLag
AC x Stunner
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm

hey i learned it a nearly stock ITR DC2 ( dont go by me i can suck too) but IMO its fun to drive unaltered because you can feel all the factory work put into it
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm

I was also wondering if 4:15 is a good time down the old hill (fujimi
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm

The 86 isn't the right car to learn on, but it won't be as hard if it's stock, IMO. Listen to people like Mind because I'm a rookie when it comes to touge. That's just my $.02. Smile

Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 pm

ya Impulse is pretty right.

Luckily you have a lot of garage k to get advice from, cuz i dont do touge, but who doesnt know K
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Listen, I watched ALL of Initial D, and I even have some touge DVDs. I think I know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 am

Ahh^ i got the reference
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 am

Impulse wrote:
Use an 86 and turn off your lights. Game over. Very Happy

Nah, it just takes practice. Like TRK said, just drive stock cars as fast as possible with a clean lap. Smile

epic, but dont forget to use the gutters unless they are rough and could damage your suspension
Back to top Go down
ExtremeTurboLag
Mr. DIY
ExtremeTurboLag

PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:47 am

honestly, I learned touge in a stock frs
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 pm

To the guys that are promoting FWD:

If you want to drive FWD fast you need to adjust your driving style.
Because the OP will probably want to use RWD it is advised to learn it driving RWD cars.
Braking, corner entering and coming out of corners all need a different technique with FWD vs RWD.

If his dream Touge car is a FWD car then of course, you should learn to drive a FWD car.

Another great technique for learning is to pick a platform you like, whether it's FWD, RWD or AWD and start out with a slow, light variant. After you think you got that under control you can pick a slightly faster one. And so on. After a while you will feel comfortable using different cars and you'll have a preference for a certain kind of car. When you've got that preference, you can start tuning because you know how you want the car to feel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touge racing for dummies    Touge racing for dummies  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touge racing for dummies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2