Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Community Discussion: Junkyard

Go down 
+12
MichaelC
END Cody
xCalluumm
APX maroman
DB BeeDee
Kru Jones
MosukeKodoSan
Cougar
TRK
addiem0nster
Impulse
Smooth
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

Community Discussion: Junkyard Empty
PostSubject: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 5:21 am

Before the final structure of the junkyard is created I would like to hear any and all of the community's ideas of how the junkyard should work. Let's hear them!

Last edited by Smooth92 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 5:21 am

Maybe anyone who sells their cars for 25% off can sell it here so others can use them, that way it doesn't go into an invisible abyss?

Also, make a list of cars and parts available, and get everyone together to discuss what parts go on what cars? Like an air filter can go on any s chassis instead of just an S13, etc.

Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:05 am

^ Agreed.

Cars missing parts, such as engines. You could grab say a 240SX with no engine for about 3.5 or 4k. An engine would cost the difference, making it the same cost as the car would be new. This doesn't do much for people interested in the stock motors, but it makes them more sought-after for people aiming to do a motor swap.

While missing parts like engines, some cars might also come with upgraded parts, such as race suspension, aftermarket wheels, bodywork, etc. It would also be a good way to find unicorns for less than insane prices (Top Secret S15, etc).

It could also be a great way for people who can't unload cars they don't want anymore (I could think of a Pinto owner this would really benefit right now) to make at least something back.

I had more, but watching season three of Community again is distracting.

And of course my offer to assist with janky beater paints still stands.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am

I would love you to reply to my PM, Smoothie.

This was the PM:

Hey buddy,

I've got some ideas to freshen up BNB.
Of course, before going apeshit on your concept I'd like to know your opinion and of course your approval.
Do you remember us having a talk about the Scrapyard and all that? I still think that's a good idea.
Because of my new plan, an all beater competition. See it as no-worry fun, it doesn't matter if you run into your opponent.
The Bloodmaster videos and other missile movies are good examples. Keep Drifting Fun, aye?

So here's the idea:

I want to run a small and fun 'competition' for cars under $10,000.
There are several problems, missiles and beaters run different engines than the stock mostly.
There aren't that many engines on the market.. I came up with this idea to fix it:

The Scrapyard!
We'll need a random item generator to see what will be up for sale that week.
I'm not sure how to make that but it can't be that hard. I will give you examples since this is probably very vague for you.

Let's say that in the first week the random generator generates a shell of the 240SX, a 2JZ engine of a totalled Supra,
an RX7 that needs a new engine and springs and so on.

This gives us the opportunity to build low cost missiles and really amplifies the BNB mentality.

Let me know what you think, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 am

That. ^
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:00 am

Yes. ^^
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

My 2c is make the cars even cheaper than already stated so 240 could be 2.5-3k but as with real cars it will be worth 30-40% less then a car thats not been a write off.
It makes cheap cars a bit easier to get hold of but stops anyone trying to make loads of money off them just like RL
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Realistically, you can find a 240SX hatch for $1,000-2,000 if it's got no engine, but I guess we have to adjust for inflation since FM4 doesn't use real currency.

I'm game for TRK's ideas.

We'll need someone to keep up with the random generator for each week. We can do volunteers or have 2 moderators do it. Which one is better?
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 pm

I like all these ideas!!!

You could also add:

Untitled cars: cars that can only be used for parts only no competitions or events
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Looks like everyone is on the same page Very Happy

I want to be able to buy a bare shell, then build it up from nothing but used parts.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 pm

^thatd be awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 pm

I would like to run the Scrapyard.
Maybe even run for moderator if that makes things easier. Doesn't matter, though.

I'll write my entire idea later today or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 5:29 pm

TRK wrote:
I would love you to reply to my PM, Smoothie.

This was the PM:

Hey buddy,

I've got some ideas to freshen up BNB.
Of course, before going apeshit on your concept I'd like to know your opinion and of course your approval.
Do you remember us having a talk about the Scrapyard and all that? I still think that's a good idea.
Because of my new plan, an all beater competition. See it as no-worry fun, it doesn't matter if you run into your opponent.
The Bloodmaster videos and other missile movies are good examples. Keep Drifting Fun, aye?

So here's the idea:

I want to run a small and fun 'competition' for cars under $10,000.
There are several problems, missiles and beaters run different engines than the stock mostly.
There aren't that many engines on the market.. I came up with this idea to fix it:

The Scrapyard!
We'll need a random item generator to see what will be up for sale that week.
I'm not sure how to make that but it can't be that hard. I will give you examples since this is probably very vague for you.

Let's say that in the first week the random generator generates a shell of the 240SX, a 2JZ engine of a totalled Supra,
an RX7 that needs a new engine and springs and so on.

This gives us the opportunity to build low cost missiles and really amplifies the BNB mentality.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

yes.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:01 pm

TRK i love you long time!
Back to top Go down
END Cody
Junkyard Junkie
END Cody

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 pm

camaromanLS1 wrote:
TRK I love you long time!
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 pm

TRK for Junkyard President in '13

I approve this message
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:18 pm

Kru Jones wrote:
TRK for Junkyard President in '13

I approve this message
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:26 pm

END Cody wrote:
camaromanLS1 wrote:
TRK I love you long time!

Also. Another thing. Maybe if you scroll back and see the huge amount if garages abondoned. Ik there are some really cool cars that people want. Maybe if they don't respond in like a month to a warning abou there garage being liquidated, we junk their car? Ik this has some work needed to be done but it could be cool?
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 am

I like the idea of the generated stock, but we could also do player donations at a percentage of there brought cost and have them 'broken down' into separate pieces, to ensure that there is always some form of stock on the shelves.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 am

<3

Of course, Ilarnek. :]

Originally the Junkyard would consist of cars and items off cars that BNB members sold back to the "BNB bank", or so to say. We made this idea so people could sell their car for 50% of the value they bought it from if no one else wanted to buy their second hand car. The mythic Transit Van comes to mind.. Anyway, the idea kind of sunk away in the depths of the forum but hopefully we'll be able to resurrect it!

Here are my two pennies and a nickel and a doll-hair and a euro and some rads and an empty can of spray-paint:

Junkyard!
This is where you come when you need.. Well.. Junk!
We sell working parts off crashed cars that didn't survive the test of time or the battle with the concrete. The Junkyard is also the place where your second hand vehicles end up if they're not viable to sell anymore.

We get a different shipment each week so be sure to check in regularly.
Each shipment usually consist of one or two shells, one or two engines and sometimes even wheels! Our prizes are low so be quick or else the parts you want are gone already.

Of course, this is a WiP.
Let me know!

Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:17 pm

I like the idea, but im now intrigued on a system for sold cars:

A slow periodic strip down of the car for sale?
It's sold for a standard price of the vehicle's total value on say a Monday, by the end of that week (say a working week so Friday) it's stripped down to just a bare shell and all 'sell-able' parts are put on the stock list *1.

But it being a slow strip down, say you went in on the Tuesday, it was still all together but had lost a key component (engine/suspension/etc) and front bumper. The longer it's in the yard the more it is broken down, so say on the Thursday the car is just a shell with interior/cage and suspension or something. compared to Friday where it is just a completely empty shell.

*1 the engines could be sold as either wholesale units or stripped of the installed aftermarket parts, you could also tie it to the cars strip process, get the engine on Monday its got all the parts get it on Friday it's been stripped of all aftermarket parts and needs replacements for the missing stock parts (valves/cams/etc).

Sorry just thought I'd share the thought. Love the idea TRK.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Those ideas are nice!
Do you mean that the engine and aftermarket parts that come with the car that the BNB member sold need to run through the 'randomater' so that decides which parts 'survive' and which part do not?
Or does the Junkmaster choose? I'm thinking 'randomater'.

Depending on the number of parts on the car, the strip will be either a day till a week (just saying something)?

Keep it coming, we're getting something done here!
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:54 pm

i agree with MichaelC, my BMW i bought for my restart garage.. id love that back lol.
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 pm

cant we just make this a bit more simple for the special. (such a me). I just feel like all these percentages, and waiting and stuff is a bit of a hassel. Why cant there just be a standard auction on particular cars that are put into the junkyard weekly or monthly ?
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:37 pm

^

Community Discussion: Junkyard 95kQFjvCSocj893ut1khNXhuo1_400
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: Junkyard   Community Discussion: Junkyard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Discussion: Junkyard
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next