HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog inUsergroups

Share | 

space for a new guy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RunFattehRun
Wakaba

PostSubject: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:47 pm

basically, i stumbled across a few drifiting replays on the storefront and a month or so ago i thought id give it a shot,
im not super awesome, or smooth, but i got a few of my mates into it and before i knew it i was making new cars left right and center, im getting a tad bored of it now and looked around the FM4 forums a bit and found this place, seems to give it some structure and an awesome community, i just read through all the "newbie stuff" and it looks kinds confusing :S but i really wanna get into something like this, playing with people would make it a hell of alot more fun, and hopefully easier to get the hang of drifting and tuning (which i kinda guess till it feels vaguely nice)

anyone willing to give me some pointers around here? Razz
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:52 pm

The best way to build a light and fast drift car, is too use a stock engine with slight engine upgrades: [race ignition, exhaust, street cam, race flywheel] Stock engines are so much lighter ! Get the car to around 350hp A class and your away !

Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:56 pm

+1 to Stunner.

My advice would probably be to make an S13 with around 350hp, Street tires and a Race Transmission so you can use RL S15 Gear Ratios. You can ask me or anyone in team Spooky for help with S13's, just look for our thread haha.

Anyways, Welcome to BNB! Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
xARCTIKKAMOx
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 pm

I suggest taking a Nissan R35 and building a thousand horsepower beast. Might not be for you though...

Master Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm

xARCTIKKAMOx wrote:
I suggest taking a Nissan R35 and building a thousand horsepower beast. Might not be for you though...
lolwut?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
xARCTIKKAMOx
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Wait, that's not how everybody started drifting? Oh fudge!

Event Organizer

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm

rules are pretty simple once you get the hang of them. cars cost the same as in game, parts cost as shown in the price sheets.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

if you have xbox live easiest way to get together with people is to check out the parking lot meets section to find out when people are getting a lobby going.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

showing up to meets and participating in other events is a good way to get some extra money each week on top of the weekly paycheck.

dont forget to check out the classifieds, sometimes you can get a good deal on a car thats already got some parts thrown on it. everyone around here likes japanese cars, if you buy something oddball you'll probably have a hard time trying to sell it later like me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . 83 Vandura . 93 Mustang . 94 Silvia . 94 Silvia . 97 M3 . 86 GLHS . 81 Scirocco . 69 Corvair
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . 83 Vandura . 86 Civic Si
[Fanatec CSR]
Back to top Go down
xARCTIKKAMOx
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Dangit retro, just goin around ruining the fun!

Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:29 pm

xCalluumm wrote:
+1 to Stunner.

My advice would probably be to make an S13 with around 350hp, Street tires and a Race Transmission so you can use RL S15 Gear Ratios. You can ask me or anyone in team Spooky for help with S13's, just look for our thread haha.

Anyways, Welcome to BNB! Smile

^^^

Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:01 pm

on here i'd have to argue the point of modding the stock motor lol RB...RB!!
true its heavier but it works out as cheaper power for your skids! a stock RB26 is 5ish grand on here second hand and has a nice bump in torque over the 13's stock motor thats more money to get with upgrades
as you have little cash to start and the s13/240sx are 'budget' drifters i would recommend the swap over stock upgrades

the single biggest needed component for a drift car is the race sus
a basic starting point for me is
ride height, lowest on the rear and one up from lowest on the front
i tend to make my cars a little softer on springs and dampers... but in reality cars are supposed to be stiffer then a grip setup lol
i tend to give the front a couple of deg negative (-2, -3) camber to help grip in the corners and 1 or 2 neg on the rear dependent on the level of grip and engine output (more neg for low grip cars or bigger power engines)
if a car drifts all 4 wheels and tends to snap the front and spit you out mid drift i add mre front neg camber and check tire pressures (should be on or near 32psi when warmed up)
if you dont mind sluggish turn in and want a bigger lock angle then you can add toe out on the front (add it in small amounts until you're at the edge of what you're comfortable with for turn in) = more angle for your dangle Laughing
i tend to add 0.5 deg toe in on the rear to help initiate the drift but not too much to make it crab everywhere (low power heavy cars that are pigs to initiate can have upto 2 deg toe in but i find it can make them twitchy)
and i always run full caster on the steering (7deg iirc) it makes no difference to controller users but should make the wheel help you if you use a ffb wheel

thats all i can be arsed to remember lol
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 pm

My 240 has been built on $20,000 grand and all I need is roll bars and wheels and the car will be where I want it for the Matsuri. It has a RB26 and sport exhaust, which brings the power to 350 and 313ft-lbs. I'll eventually build the KA in it, but for now, I can have fun in it all time while collecting money for the KA build.

Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 pm

I think an S-Chassis with a stock SR20 swapped in drifts fine. Race weight reduction and race coils and you're set.
Perhaps a sport or race transmission too, not vital though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: space for a new guy?   

Back to top Go down

space for a new guy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Built Not Bought :: Forza Hub :: Chat Lounge-
Jump to: