Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What car do you use, Time spent building ?

Go down 
+5
Volkswagen Yo
APX maroman
Kru Jones
xCalluumm
CheekyChipsYo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CheekyChipsYo
Junkyard Junkie
CheekyChipsYo

What car do you use, Time spent building ? Empty
PostSubject: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:54 pm

Hey all, I'm starting a chat, well, maybe its a slight discussion into how long it will take to build up a well spec'd car !

So, my question is... What car is it that you use / use the most and how long did it take you to build your car from scratch?

My reason for this post is generally trying to find out how long it take's to build the car to be used&abused!
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Hello there Chips!

Ill start with my newly acquired AE86 which im actually in the progress of planning my build haha. I think it'll take atleast a month to build to absolute perfection. Its going to be a fully built A/S Class drift car which will have some minor engine/bodywork done ofer at Quantum Designs who always do amazing work, id really recommend them if your looking for some stuff on your S14 Smile

Thats all I can say really haha, as said above my car isnt done yet Razz
Back to top Go down
CheekyChipsYo
Junkyard Junkie
CheekyChipsYo

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Ahhhh DQ eh ? I have been in discussion with them however Lewis is actually one off my main battle car designer's ! I would love to be able to get work designed by them, but still as in the progress off building my A/S class Zenki, all my money goes onto that! However as some advice, the power/weight ratio on the AE86's I will always say build it an A600 ... Yes you could add power ETC but for its best overall performance to work well it will have to be an A ! If you would like me to help you tune it or build it, send me over a P.M or F.R on XBL and il help as much as I possibly can!

Chips'
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks for the advice man Smile
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:28 pm

i couldnt tell ya how long it would take.. so many good deals and different ideas float around that i find it hard to focus!!! LMAO.!!

But i have to agree HAchis in A class are BEAST!!! i ran a A600 Levin last GRDA season and now will run a A578 Trueno this time. Cant beat that power to weight ratio!!!!

As far as drifting and battles go. Cheeky did you know that you are allow to built one car for free to use in the GRDA season? It has to be below $25,000 to start and can be no higher than A600. All parts are free and supplied by your "sponsor" Sponsors are made up (as long as they are available). Hope this helps ya out and hope to slide with ya soon!
Back to top Go down
CheekyChipsYo
Junkyard Junkie
CheekyChipsYo

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:32 pm

I think I'm missing out on deal's however, A600 maximum T's are perfect!

Hmmmmm, so you are saying I can build another BNB car that costs under 25,000CR and make it an A class and I will still be eligible for GRDA battles without worrying? Well, despite sponsorship .... Do you / Anyone know off anyone willing to sponsor me!

Chips'

P.s Sure, il be more then happy to tap your door a few times!
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 pm

You can choose any sponsor you want bud!!!!! For example im sponsored by Hi-Octane. Its a Japanese garage i saw online and just chose it. You can chose what ever suits your needs!! The obvious ones are taken (Falken, Discount Tire, NFS). look through the GRDA sponsorship thread, choose a sponsor that hasnt been taken, build that ride to specs, and prepare for war. I think the roster is full but there are spots for alternates still.

Pms for you too!
Back to top Go down
CheekyChipsYo
Junkyard Junkie
CheekyChipsYo

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Replied, thanks Bruh Jones'
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 pm

aint no thang but a chicken wang.......anytime broski
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:11 am

started with a bone stock FRS, spend almost 4 months building it up to a 420hp drift monster. i remember one time adding it, including the car i had about $60k into the build
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
CheekyChipsYo
Junkyard Junkie
CheekyChipsYo

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:09 am

60k !! Dayummmm I need to start saving. This was my next problem. I could decide between the fr-s , ls300 etc so I chose the 14....... What I now regret, ae86's are cheaper and easier !
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:21 pm

lol, i love the frs (so much i bought my old one back) but it is expensive lol.

AE86's are perfect for a budget, my S14 wasnt that bad even tho i got a deal on it. it has 306hp and it links most tracks (and does nice tandems with FalkenHD's camaro)

S chassis are easy to drift, but the AE86 are cheaper to make easy to drift lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Low budget ballin at its finest!!!!!! Thats why i'll never sell my beater 86!!!
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 2:33 pm

With about $20k you can make the s13 a good drift car

Car $6000
RB ~7000
Suspension $4000
Race weight $1000
Diff free

And now your left with $6000 to do whatever you want. For me, I went power and got to 350hp (matsuri spec) and am now just using it for lobbies and what not. I wait each week for another payday and save that money towards a SR20 build. Better torque, less turbo lag, less weight and better distribution.

Not alot of people like the RB, due to its weight, but its good to start with so you can have fun in your BNB car, rather than having 150hp.....

Another good car is the miata gen 1, Mazda RX-7 (FB/FC) and Alfa Romeo spider
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 pm

APX maroman wrote:
started with a bone stock FRS, spend almost 4 months building it up to a 420hp drift monster. i remember one time adding it, including the car i had about $60k into the build
Sell it and go on a spiral downward ever since. Jk haha
Back to top Go down
CheekyChipsYo
Junkyard Junkie
CheekyChipsYo

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Aha, I guess its very easy to go downhill with presuming to change ideas for cars?! I am not an RB26DETT fan in anyway, too heavy and .... IDK, I just don't like them lol ... For now the Zenk is already an SR but I just have to built it and build it, as soon as I can build it, drift it as well as most off my cars I will then just stick to saving and saving and taking it from there! However, if anyone fancy's some games do let me know! Smile
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Well, I don't like the RB in the S chassis, but for an easy power gain and you can drift your car off the bat.... ain't too bad.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:12 pm

i hhhhhhhaate the RB. but yes hp wise its a bargain.

if you are trying to cut costs, and tweak your handling, instead of buying race sways, just buy street/sport sways and swap them around. Hell I just have the stock sways on my new S14. On my Mustang I always run a Sport sway front and stock rear.

Not making enough power? Jack up your tire pressure. I run around 40 rear on a low powered car.
Back to top Go down
theSidesweep
Cut Springs
theSidesweep

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:22 pm

RB's are the LS of this forum, lol.

Personally, I'm a fan of building the chassis/suspension completely - a low hp but well set up car can keep up with a high hp car, and it teaches you to drive harder too Smile
Back to top Go down
Edmard
Wakaba
Edmard

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:26 am

I started out with a bargain off a friend. He sold me his Subaru ('04 STi) for just 20,000Cr.

I'm so pleased with it and I've started working on it by adjusting the power output to suit me otherwise it has all the parts you would need to drift like a monster! So pleased.

Back to top Go down
http://edmard.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What car do you use, Time spent building ?   What car do you use, Time spent building ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What car do you use, Time spent building ?
Page 1 of 1