Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB

Go down 
+24
DB BeeDee
MosukeKodoSan
PortableCorpse
camshlom
APX maroman
Smooth
RyanHappyHands
Volkswagen Yo
DIS Boppinz
ONI Synyster
Ilarnek
Kru Jones
Ennis
TXSCHMIDT
Brenwalsh
CivicEJ9
MichaelC
Impulse
Falken HD
AC x Stunner
Cougar
Drags
TRK
addiem0nster
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB Empty
PostSubject: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:41 pm

I love it here. But it seems that at some point, a community gets so large that it's impossible to keep everyone pleased. So, like the "what you want to see in FM5" thread, let's toss around ideas for BNB. No demanding, just airing out ideas. And remember that Smooth is not obligated to listen to us. This is not a democracy, this is the internet. Keep in mind I think BNB is pretty much fine the way it is, and I do not think I could do a better job running it than Smooth. For one, I'm too damn lazy.

Things I would do if I ran BNB:

1: Paydays for FM4 would be realistic, more like $500 max a week. That will account for a more realistic job. If you want more money, participate in the community more. Run a shop and provide a service for people, and do online lobbies and BNB events. Earn your money, don't just expect it to be handed to you weekly. If you really are into this stuff, prove it.

Paydays would stay the same for FH, since there's no way to prove you did a lobby unless you have capture equipment or something.

That's it. But again, I think BNB is fine the way it is.

DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A WAR, PLEASE BE CIVIL.

Last edited by addiem0nster on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Keep paydays the same.
Lobby bonus maxed to $1,000 per lobby (doesn't care how many people, maxed at 5 times a week)
More events WHERE PEOPLE PARTICIPATE.

Let's not flood BNB with money, it's a grassroots drifting scene at heart..
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Even though it's rules, I wish the battles had more of an S class 650 horsepower kind of thing instead of A class...

Everything else on the site seems great, and a great Idea.
Made Forza More entertaining and fun to do.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/TunerAddictions
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:04 pm

TRK wrote:

Tim, you nailed it with that part.
This place is going bad, full of money. It's turning to Bought not Built.

I'm seriously considering leaving here, for a while atleast. Not that anyone cares, but I'm out before I say something that will end up getting me bamned.
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 pm

SHOPS ! Any Tom, Dick and Harry can start up a shop with the same idea (Tuning) and attempt to rip off the working man by making them spend K's on something they could easily do themselves !

REALISM ! BNB is supposed to have a sense of realism. Life is complicated. It is EASY to make a buck !

PEOPLE ! Stop moaning at poor new people just because they use Caps Lock or are trying to be funny, or get something wrong. Who gives a flying flaming Dildo what anybody does on here. Why are we so critical ?

GRASSROOTS ! Im a grassroots drifter. How the absolute nipple am i supposed to have any chance against drifters from XE, DB, END and every other team on the DL

@Smooth. Ive never been apart of a forum Community before. And i love BNB. What else am i going to get excited about on thursdays ? This isen't an attack on you, merely just an opinion.

I feel much better.

Last edited by AC x Stunner on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 pm

SFX Cougar wrote:
TRK wrote:

Tim, you nailed it with that part.
This place is going bad, full of money. It's turning to Bought not Built.

I'm seriously considering leaving here, for a while atleast. Not that anyone cares, but I'm out before I say something that will end up getting me bamned.

Cougar Shocked Sad
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 pm

It's true though man.
I'm not gonna pop up every Thursday and collect money, simply because I'm totally against that.
I'll see you guys around.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Hang on, buddy.
Don't leave me here.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 pm

TRK wrote:
Hang on, buddy.
Don't leave me here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Sorry man, really not liking the way its going.
I'm still on Xbox though.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Come on guys, don't leave. That doesn't help anybody. There are ways around this. You guys are valued members of the community like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 pm

TRK wrote:
Keep paydays the same.
Lobby bonus maxed to $1,000 per lobby (doesn't care how many people, maxed at 5 times a week)
More events WHERE PEOPLE PARTICIPATE.

I see it only slightly differently than you, Tim. For me, the lobby bonuses serve as a way to draw people more towards actually driving. The "problem" I see with $6k paychecks is that people can just sit and wait a few weeks and build bank without actually interacting with the community.

$25k is plenty enough cash to build a very capable car. If you can't drift that, keep at it. I learned a lot about drifting in FM4 just by hanging out in lobbies with these guys and drifting my cheapie slag despite thinking it had too little power or needed more this or that. If you're forced to work around a "weak" car, you improve. It's like training with weights on.

There's a huge drift following here, so it's tough to get people to want to do other stuff. I can honestly say I'm pretty much just a drifter. I've done other events here, as well. Time attacks and the like. They just weren't for me. I didn't have any fun because I just get a kick out of going sideways. But I've seen plenty people on here say they want to run this kind of event or that. Just do it! If you make it, they will come out of the woodwork, I bet you. Look at the turnout for our matsuri this weekend!

I think nerfing lobby bonuses and maxing them out per week is going in reverse. The more incentive people have to participate in the community, the better. But I also feel that if you really gave a damn, you wouldn't care about bonuses at all - so in that regard I definitely agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:21 pm

SFX Cougar wrote:
Sorry man, really not liking the way its going.
I'm still on Xbox though.

Nooooo... I read your Horizon Garage Whole 50 Page Story in A night...
Last time a read a book was around a year and a half ago.. don't leave.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/TunerAddictions
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:23 pm

I wouldn't say $500 per week because there are people who have really good jobs and make more than that. For example, my friend works at a plant and brings home $2,500 per 2 weeks, so $1,250 per week. If you guys wanted to cap weekly pays, I'd say $2,000. It's not up to me, though. I'm just putting in my $.02.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:39 pm

Yes, addie, and I agree that people should be rewarded for actually playing the game instead of hoarding weekly pays.

However, the lobby bonuses are getting a bit out of hand. People are earning well over 10 grand each week and can buy expensive cars very fast. I heard a couple people complaining about the high pricing of several items like the air filter as well. And I get that, I agree. But you guys should keep in mind that it's very hard to maintain an economy and that this is a grassroots drifting community at heart.

I remember when I just started playing, it took me over a month to build up my first car. I could buy a part a week, add a little sticker here, tune a bit here. That was awesome. When I see the new kids playing now I see them buying an expensive car and kind of rushing their build. That would make BNB boring for them in about a month or so since they will have their dream build and run out of things to do.

Built not Bought is a grassroots community, cars like the Mustang and whatever should be rare. Right now people have a lot of cars and cash and quite frankly some (of which me) do not know what to do with it. Now I among others like to sort of roleplay this to a certain extend, limit the amount of parts I buy per week due to deliverence etc.

With the $8,000 lobby bonuses become some sort of a regular thing and the weekly pay added to that people will be way too rich. It is just too easy to get money right now, instead of joining events, people are running lobbies. Of course, some are running it because of the fun but some solely for the money. If you're running it for the fun, why do you need $8,000? If you're running it for the money, why not run events or why even play BNB if you want to hoard money and rush a build (might be a little harsh, but still)?

Before this all started we had a $500 lobby bonus for every lobby you did. Isn't that enough?

And on top of that we have the Junkyard that lets you pick up a great deal!

You guys are getting spoiled.

My suggestions:

Make the pricing EVEN more realistic (sorry, Smooth)
Reduce lobby bonus and put a weekly cap on it (less than the weekly pay, perhaps?)
Reward people that are active in other ways (raffle tickets, titles, etc?)
Have a team of event organisers like we had before (Touge, Time-Attack, Drag, Drift, etc)

I'm on the verge of joining Louis although I would love to help get BNB back on track.
If the community feels I'm at the wrong end I can understand, too.
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Aww Cougar, I'm sad

I'm by gonna try to change your mind, but I'd hate to see you leave
Back to top Go down
CivicEJ9
Wheels And A Drop
CivicEJ9

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:53 pm

I think I have gotten to much money, I'm sitting at 60k right now, with a 30k worth car I got from Addie for 10k. I came here for "Grassroots", and although I was excited about joining all these 16 man lobbies and STACKING P'S YO! But I'm not finding it fun, suggestions on what to do with 60k? I was thinking a giveaway or something. If I wanted to build cars with 20k and more, I would just play vanilla Forza.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Start a giveaway man, great way to disperse your extra money back into the community Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Yeh dude!! I'm like 800 dollars short on the car I want! Could use a giveaway haha
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Back on topic.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:07 pm

I'm down for a giveaway kinda thing. Maybe I'll build another raffle car for the matsuri. We'll see.

Either way, I'm with Tim. I'm not too huge on events, myself, and I'm running the matsuri to try and get people used to drifting lower-powered cars. I just love to drift with a lot of people all at once. Call this my last payday/lobby bonus collection. I have a ridiculous amount of cars, all built to my preference, and couple just laying around waiting for cash to be thrown at them.

I honestly don't know what I was thinking being so adamant about the 8k lobby payout being re-instated. I think lowering it was a good idea in hindsight.

I don't want people to leave. Especially not my awesome teammates. I've been a selfish git and I'm pretty remorseful for it right now. I just want BNB to be more true to it's name, and with huge payouts and paydays and whatnot, it's just not. And I've been a part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 pm

Matsuri is gonna be so fun; I can't wait to drift my 290 HP FD I got from Relentless. I used it in the lobbies earlier and it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CivicEJ9
Wheels And A Drop
CivicEJ9

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:13 pm

I feel pretty much the same Addie, tonight was my last 16 man, and I'm giving away my 60k, just waiting on Smooths permission. Smile P.S Whoever has the funniest joke, will win 10k, I'm doing that for 6 days straight, so get your jokes at the ready. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:14 pm

addiem0nster wrote:
I'm down for a giveaway kinda thing. Maybe I'll build another raffle car for the matsuri. We'll see.

Either way, I'm with Tim. I'm not too huge on events, myself, and I'm running the matsuri to try and get people used to drifting lower-powered cars. I just love to drift with a lot of people all at once. Call this my last payday/lobby bonus collection. I have a ridiculous amount of cars, all built to my preference, and couple just laying around waiting for cash to be thrown at them.

I honestly don't know what I was thinking being so adamant about the 8k lobby payout being re-instated. I think lowering it was a good idea in hindsight.

I don't want people to leave. Especially not my awesome teammates. I've been a selfish git and I'm pretty remorseful for it right now. I just want BNB to be more true to it's name, and with huge payouts and paydays and whatnot, it's just not. And I've been a part of the problem.
+1

It needs the spirit back into it, I'm not gonna give it up, the idea is one of the best
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah, let's move our giveaway stuff to another thread. I kinda want this to stay on point, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next