Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB

Go down 
+24
DB BeeDee
MosukeKodoSan
PortableCorpse
camshlom
APX maroman
Smooth
RyanHappyHands
Volkswagen Yo
DIS Boppinz
ONI Synyster
Ilarnek
Kru Jones
Ennis
TXSCHMIDT
Brenwalsh
CivicEJ9
MichaelC
Impulse
Falken HD
AC x Stunner
Cougar
Drags
TRK
addiem0nster
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ennis
Junkyard Junkie
Ennis

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 am

Urm guys ... Why not just invent BNB TAX - just like on fifa .. When ever buying a car etc you pay so much of a percentage ... That percentage gets put towards give always etc the smooth can run ... Not gunna be happy if we have to restart Sad
Back to top Go down
PortableCorpse
Mr. DIY
PortableCorpse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:42 am

NUHUH! DA GUBMENT DUN TAKE 'NUFFA MAH MUNNY AH MAYK FERM CLEENIN' TWALETS! AH GRAWS OBAH 9000 MUNNIES A WEEK, BUT DA GUBMENT TAYK 3000 MUNNIES FO DA TACKSES!
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 am

gies this is serus bizns comon
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:19 am

I've seen several very useful things.

First:

@Boppins:
"I had almost forgotten what it was like when I was starting fresh, working my way up and trying to meet new friends in the community. I think a lot of us miss that newness, that starting out phase that's over way too fast."

That is what BNB was at the beginning, that's what I want back. Cars are getting built too fast and there's no real story to it. I want everyone to feel that amazing experience I had when I just started out.

"My only hesitation is I'm almost starting to not feel so welcome due to this recent attitude I'm seeing from some of the more seasoned BNB members's posts here lately."

I'm not sure at who you're aiming but I'm sure that's never been their goal. We all love it that the community is growing, most of us just feel a bit sad that BNB is changing. But that is not the new kids' fault.

@Volk:
I agree, maybe the sponsored cars are a bit too much.
Maybe instead of sponsoring an entire car a sponsorship would give a set amount of money?

@Smooth:
I would love to help out with re-vamping BNB. You know you can always send me a message.
I'm also down for a total restart but I feel that we would put so many seasoned members at an advantage. I also worked hard for my money and cash, I felt terrible when the previous restart occurred. Let's just wait for FM5. If it really gets out of hand we can always restart later.

@Maro:
Earning money, that's what we need to get back to! The problem now is that there isn't an event for everyone. As Volk said, he didn't like Auto-X. You might not like Drag and some other kid might not like Time-Trials. That's why we need a team of weekly or bi-weekly events so everyone can compete.
We're in the same boat with the expensive cars.

I hope you read this through, I put some time in it :]

Back to top Go down
Ennis
Junkyard Junkie
Ennis

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 am

TRK - I agree with everything

I'm happy to reset but It would be cool if prices etc were sorted first Smile, I have up my sponsored at as I didn't feel I Bulit it , I got given it :/ I don't feel proud of it.

Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:02 pm

When i had the chances i used to compete in as many events as I could, but recently they have slowly died out. I did try and inject something new with a 'ring comp with different classes and a grand prize of a car using a basic formula to even the classes out (similar to retros auto x)
Maybe even a special title above the overall winners avatar...
But smooth never got back to me... After he asked me to send all the details over in a pm to give it a final ok Rolling Eyes

With new members I'm really pleased to meet you all (even dis lol)
My concern is that you are taking away the real magic of bnb FROM YOURSELF if you take part in every 16 man lobby you can, as grinding for money makes your garage special to you.
The harder to get your vw/nissan fully built it is the more it becomes yours

I'd be very unhappy if I had to restart my garage as I've earnt everything I have over time and I don't agree with taking any money earned from any bnb'er 16 man lobby or not

I suppose I could get around the inflation of bnb by charging properly for my paintwork, as everyone else charges roughly 1k an hour I could do the same and triple my prices Laughing

Bottom line I hold no ill feelings for anyone trying to stack paper, I just feel bad they are missing out on the real bnb experience
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:25 pm

I agree that it needs less
Less money maybe, or people trying not to stockpile, but I can see why they do cuz in real life you gotta save up. I wish I could help place an idea but I'm confused
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:59 pm

instead of quoting everything.

Addie, im totally down for that, if i can find time in a day i would participate in every event that i could, i dont like auto-X but hey, doesnt mean i still try my ass off to finish 4th! lol

ill always have a masturi car, ill be down for any masturi comp you could organize!

as for the sponsorship cars, i agree they take the Grassroots out of it, But if you have litte money (it woulda taken me forever to build a GRDA car living off paydays) it would be a "easy way out"

i DO however agree to a starting price, like $35k total including teh car, i know my current GRDA car is worth somewhere in the 60K range..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 pm

I was trying to decrease the amount of money being given out but then I got a 6 page petition lol. Another problem is that Forza and myself price the parts for cars more than the car itself. So lets say you get 8k you can either buy an air filter or a s13.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Why not go off Forza prices and make our own. Still use the class system, but change the way money flows.

A air filter in real life is $50. A full turbo kit for a KA is no more than $3000. So, why not just redo the entire price sheets and bring the money for paydays way down, to $1000 or so. Your example is perfect and it really gets annoying. That's why you see people stock piling money, because it's easier to rip weight out of a powerful car, than to build horsepower into a car. So, here are my 3 suggestions for all of BnB

1) People don't "get" sponsored for GRDA. They earn them by participating in events, even without an entry bonus (Entering a auto x event, you don't earn $500, you show up and do well, you may earn a sponsorship for doing well). Drifting is a hobby that you'll lose money more than you earn money.

2) How do you decide who gets sponsorships? People may fill out a resume that includes events entered and finishing position. The cars they own and what are their future plans are and what they plan to achieve with the sponsorship. They can have small partners (ex. QD) AND large sponsors (Falken, NOS). With these sponsorships may come free parts (ex. tires if sponsored by a tire company, engine parts if sponsored by a engine company, cars if factory backed, etc.), or money. Maybe something else to go along with it. A second way to earn sponsorships is by being approached by Smooth (or whoever, a shop my come forth, but will have to sponsor with THEIR OWN CASH) with the offer. How is Smooth going to keep up with everyone? Moderators and the BnBPD. They look around the site for anything anyways, so I think they could also be "scouts".

3) The lobby bonus should no be how it is. Yes it encourages playing together, but everyone is just trying to get to the lobby and then once the 16th man enters, everyone dashes like the street race in FnF. They'll be a few people left, but it's not many. I think having it so high up there makes people go crazy to get the 16 man going. It's not right the way it actually goes down and ruins the game. I almost felt bad taking the second $8000 because it got my car where I wanted it and now, I wish I wouldn't of. So, all in all, I just think the whole community/money thing needs to be rethought.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 pm

About that last part, you're wrong. We had our 16 man yesterday and it stayed that way for about 45 minutes. People left, people joined. It was still a 16 man.

Everything else, I agree on. I'd say the payday should be about $1,500 if we're redoing the price spreadsheets.
Back to top Go down
Ennis
Junkyard Junkie
Ennis

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Our 16 man went on for ages haha Smile much fun
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Impulse wrote:
About that last part, you're wrong. We had our 16 man yesterday and it stayed that way for about 45 minutes. People left, people joined. It was still a 16 man.

Everything else, I agree on. I'd say the payday should be about $1,500 if we're redoing the price spreadsheets.

Have to agree with Impulse (He said it wit his CHEST!!!! lol). We stayed around and had a heel good time!!!

The rest is a deffo good start to patch things up. Lower the payday, make prices more realistic
Back to top Go down
ONI Synyster
Mr. DIY
ONI Synyster

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Agree entirely with what Volk said. BUT if the prices for parts change then the lobby bonus would have to change too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah if every thing was scaled down it would still work great!!
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 pm

addiem0nster wrote:
Alright, this is my latest idea. I'm totally with Maro in that deleting your hard earned cars sucks, especially in his case after being Xbox-less for so long. To finally get them back and then have to give them up is righteously unfair.

So I propose this:

Let it stay as it is for another week or so.

Paydays: 1500
Comp payouts: 3000 grand prize, etc
And for matsuris do things like parts giveaways for walltap comp winners, etc.

No one has to give up anything, and with so many new people joining literally every day, things WILL balance out, if we give it time. We broke BNB over a span of months, we can't expect to fix it overnight.

Those of us with lakes of money that are willing (Impulse, myself, etc) can back events with rad cars and parts and prize money to get the events up to par with the lobbies. I'll run 350HP drift comps and such and start my beater car dealership. I already have some cars and the cash to do so.

No one here should have to give it all up to please a bunch of unhappy people. No one here should be punished. But I think we have enough people here that want this to work that we don't have to act like BNB is in the gutter and can't be fixed without a flip of the reset switch.

Whaddya say, guys?

I agree with this 110%

- I think that instead of having the prizes for events come out of no where, they should come out of our pockets. For example GRDA the prize money came from BNB so there were no buyins or anything of the sort. Nobody lost money only gained and that is the problem.

- I suggest that of somebody wants to run an offical event the money has to come either from their own bank or a donation from others. I also think that every event should have a buy-in like a game of poker would with the exception of Photo comps, for that I suggest little to no cash prize at all.

- If we were all able to put some effort in Im sure we could make an improved pricing system. Instead of going by the games classes I suggest we make our own i.e. Cheap Imports(240sx, AE86, E36...), Expensive Imports(Skylines, 5 series', Supras...), New muscle(Mustangs, Corvettes) Old muscle.. sports cars.. you catch my drift?
Back to top Go down
Ennis
Junkyard Junkie
Ennis

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:42 pm

I like the class idea beeDee Smile ...
Back to top Go down
Neroz
Cut Springs
Neroz

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:52 pm

I agree with changing the money, making it less but if all we are doing is scaling it down then wouldnt it be the same as prices now just less, same with payday.

What im trying to say is scaling it down would only make the prices more realistic.

Would you want to go through changing all the pricing for just realism?

If some people feel like starting again is a good idea then that group can start again (I personally like the idea because I want to make a story with my garage because to be honest my garage is boring as hell) and then the others that don't want to start again they don't have too.

I do agree with the idea of lower payday earnings but keep pricing expensive so when you get a part you feel like youve earned it, like you can use that car and think "well daymn, i built this car with blood, sweat and tears". That way the scaling down problem I said at the start of this wouldn't have a pointless impact.

Bank of BNB could be ran by Smooth which can give money to those that make events so they can build a car to win or pay for parts to win etc

1.Payday lowered to $1500, prices lowered minorly to give new comers a chance to get a car at a decent spec to the seasoned bnbers

2.Lots more events, now i'm not going to go out and make loads of events because quite frankly I suck at that organisation, but those who are good at that stuff go to that 'BNB Event' section and raid it with things to do but try not to clash with others.

3.Keep drifting fun, in the end if bnb turns into a competition to have the best car then it won't be what it was original created for.

Probably just wrote a load of shite but just imputing.
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:58 pm

The only reason to lower the prices to make it more realistic, as in a Buddy Club Spec II from a Honda shouldn't be worth as much a brand new PS13. That's what we are talking about when we are talking prices.
Back to top Go down
Neroz
Cut Springs
Neroz

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:01 pm

I understand that but is it worth the hassle?
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Everyone will have to restart for FM5 anyways, so it'll be good to have it already when we start with that. I'm sure they'll have the same upgrading system.
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Neroz wrote:
I understand that but is it worth the hassle?

If something isn't worth the hassle then it is worht nothing.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 pm

If we were to scale the pricing down we should scale everything but the cars prices
So a sub 10k car can be built to kick the ass of a 35k car with only 10k of parts so those of us with expensive cars buy them if we really really want them as its pissing money up the wall compared to building on a budget, like irl
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm

The problem with scaling down part prices is that a lot of us already have a lot of money so building cars will be even easier.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Clear the banks first?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Built Not Bought :: Forza Classic :: Forza Hub :: Classic Hub :: Chat Lounge-
Jump to: