Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront

Go down 
+8
TRK
Kru Jones
stuey
ratR0
Coty
Falken HD
CheekyChipsYo
modderzwarehouse
12 posters
AuthorMessage
modderzwarehouse
Wakaba

How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront Empty
PostSubject: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:39 am

Here I'm going to explain how you can get your forza photos from your profile without having to risk using the storefront.

There are many reasons why you might wish to do this however the main reason is if you want to share the mods you got from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on this site for instance.

Firstly you will need the following:

# Windows Based Computer
# USB MEMORY STICK
# Horizon Modding tool available from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (NO NEED TO PURCHASE)

While horizon is a terrible excuse for modding software it does have a use and this is it.

To extract your photo's you need to do the following.

Format your USB MEMORY STICK for xbox use. (if you're not sure how to do this a simple search on google will explain how)

On your xbox goto SETTINGS / SYSTEM SETTINGS / STORAGE DEVICES / GAMES / FORZA 4

locate the photo's file and click it, select move and then choose USB STORAGE DEVICE

Once the transfer is complete you will need to load HORIZON MODDING TOOL and extract your PHOTOS file

As you can see in the screenshot below i've already done this. However you need to drag the PHOTOS file into horizon.

How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront A

You should be faced with this screen, click contents.

How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront 2

select the photo folder that you wish to extract. Latest photo's appear last in this folder for the purposes of this i just selected the first one.

Right click the thumb file and select extract.

Select the folder where you want to save it. Once saved rename it from thumb to whatever you want the photo file to be called and add a .jpg file extension to the end of the file e.g. myphoto1.jpg

You can now open it.

Transfer your PHOTO file back to xbox by clicking on USB STORAGE DEVICE selecting the file and selecting move to harddrive.

How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront 3

hope this helps you guys out if you want to make it sticky you can. All picture files are hosted on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so shouldn't ever get deleted as long as the site is live.
Back to top Go down
CheekyChipsYo
Junkyard Junkie
CheekyChipsYo

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:22 am

Why thank you very much!

What about replays, surely there could be a way to transfer them?

Last edited by CheekyChipsYo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
modderzwarehouse
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 am

unfortunately videos can't because if you consider while watching replays you can change the views etc however mini movies you make can be done in a very similar fashion just change the file extension to .mpg (if memory serves me correctly)
Back to top Go down
CheekyChipsYo
Junkyard Junkie
CheekyChipsYo

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:26 am

You, are a hero.... saves soo much time, and good work by the way mod!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks man!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
modderzwarehouse
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 am

It was something a few people have wondered about and i've known about this since forza 3. so should work with horizon as well. I just never thought to mention it until the talk earlier.
Back to top Go down
Coty
Mr. DIY
Coty

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:38 am

Schmidt, the gig is up!
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:41 am

I just gave it a shot to figure out how to do it. The images are coming out as 416x240. did I do something wrong?
Back to top Go down
modderzwarehouse
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:44 am

no that is correct it's not full resolution but it's a safer method for modded cars. i'l try figure out how to extract them as larger images when i have chance. I've gotta get off now and start early
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:47 am

no worries, I was just wondering if that was right or not.

either way its a handy tool, with the proper photo setup (zooming in more lol) this can be very useful and it didnt cost me a thing. Thanks for the tutorial.
Back to top Go down
modderzwarehouse
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:06 am

no problem
Back to top Go down
stuey
Oil Changer
stuey

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 am

Or... Dont mod the game and use the normal storefront.

If your prepared to mod a game be prepared to get banned.

Dont get me wrong i LOVE the fact you can add neat features that make cars look epic, (from posted pics) but i just dont want to risk being banned from FM4 and future instalments of the game.

Besides its people like you who will find a mod that dramatically changes yhe game... And ruins it for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:59 am

Dramatically change the game?? For the love of god, they're rims that change the weight by a few pounds..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Normal storefront becomes useless to me when I cant delete anything from it, ever. (the server times out when I try to delete anything)

So yeah, I'd love to play by the rules when uploading my photos, but that means waiting a few weeks and hopefully one or two of my FM4 photos magically disappear from my full storefront, so I can upload a couple new ones. To wait a couple more weeks again to upload new photos.

I've sent messages to T10 in the past requesting that they wipe my storefront for me to help me out, because that is probably a few clicks with a mouse for them to do, right? How many times do you think they helped a brother out? Exactly zero. Thanks.

btw. this photo extraction technique does not mod anything.

you copy the photo data to USB, you extract it on your pc, you arent modding anything ON your console whatsoever. only downside for now is the image size ends up being much smaller.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Gettin lectures.......great
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm with retro on this.
Sometimes my connection is slow as well which permits me from deleting photos from the storefront.
It's annoying as shit.

Should be an option in the game where you can just save the photos on a hard drive and upload it on your computer.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:55 pm

They most likely won't ever add that as a feature. They make us have to go to FM.net to get our pictures to keep membership numbers high there and also keep the site hits up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
PortableCorpse
Mr. DIY
PortableCorpse

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:48 pm

I banned a guy once. I got the most appropriate boner ever.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:51 pm

post of the day ^^
Back to top Go down
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:53 pm

PortableCorpse wrote:

Said every FM.net mod ever
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm

PortableCorpse wrote:

Made me laugh uncontrollably.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/TunerAddictions
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Said like a boss! Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront   How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to extract a photo from forza 4 without using storefront
Page 1 of 1