Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)

Go down 
+16
Ilarnek
RyanHappyHands
Hris13drifter
PortableCorpse
Luccbag
loader98
Tacomaa
Kru Jones
DB BeeDee
ONI Synyster
MichaelC
Old King
DIS OldManTiger
AC x Stunner
Cougar
addiem0nster
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
loader98
Oil Changer
loader98

BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:40 pm

i know that this is a bmx thread but i thought id share this

BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 945966_4061701161103_860481320_n_zps89842507

mine is the one with flames the other is my cousins.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:42 pm

BAM now it's both. Hooray! Rad long boards!
Back to top Go down
loader98
Oil Changer
loader98

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:47 pm

mine needs a good cleaning though
Back to top Go down
Luccbag
Wheels And A Drop
Luccbag

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:31 am

BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 8182642168_579b74a2d2_z

Here is my rig. I have bigger bars now and scooped some nice ruben pedals. Unfortunately its sitting in pieces in my room so I won't ride it as I just had knee surgery a couple months ago.
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:33 am

Ouch dude! Well sweet ride

Back to top Go down
Luccbag
Wheels And A Drop
Luccbag

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:40 am

Yeah I am dying to get back on it.
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:22 pm

Advice needed:

I'm wanting to create a cruiser from the BMX I've already got
Spoiler:
Should I :

- just bash the fuck out of the frame to give it shape and hyper extend the frontal forks
OR
- Just bash the fuck out of the frame, add scaffolding and then hyper extend the frontal forks ?

Or anything else that's cost effective
Back to top Go down
Luccbag
Wheels And A Drop
Luccbag

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:39 pm

AC x Stunner wrote:
Advice needed:

I'm wanting to create a cruiser from the BMX I've already got
Spoiler:
Should I :

- just bash the fuck out of the frame to give it shape and hyper extend the frontal forks
OR
- Just bash the fuck out of the frame, add scaffolding and then hyper extend the frontal forks ?

Or anything else that's cost effective

do none of the above and just get a cheap cruiser at wal mart or in your local classifieds.
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:50 pm

Yeah there not particularly cheap in the UK. 'Merica is where there all at :/
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Eddie Fiola has a new frame/fork/bar set out. It's a modern GT Pro Performer called the EF Proformer. It uses new school hardware and looks like an school Pro Performer. It just shipped out last week. They're build-to-order, so if you want one, you need to pony up some dollars first.

Pictures of the first couple finished production bikes, showing new and old school flare for whatever your taste in riding.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I want one so effing bad. All chrome or dayglo pink plz.

Also have more Eddie Fiola and also Martin Aparijo at the Rad 25th Anniversary screening.

Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Dayglo Pink FTW!!!! with a set of Tuff IIs? FUGGGEDDABOUTIT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Stunner: Unfortunately, getting a new bike is the best option for you. Modifying a frame is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, and it certainly isn't cheaper than picking up a cruiser online. The tools, materials, and getting someone to do it if you can't are not cheap.

It's funny, a dude just hacked up a nearly-mint Cook Brothers Racing 20in to make a 24in cruiser. The BMX Museum (which is an awesome place for research and cheap parts, but fuck-all for trying to talk about bikes with friendly people) is losing it's collective shit. I would not have done that myself, but applaud the dude for A) Not giving a fuck and B) having the skill to do it properly.

Seriously, though. If you want I can look up some dealers that ship to the UK. Let me know a price range and I'll find you something. There's no way doing it yourself will be cheaper/better unless you have some serious fabrication and welding skills, and are a geometrical mathematic savant. The tolerances you have to account for are ridiculous.

Funny story about BMX in Europe and the UK - "real" Mongoose bikes aren't sold in America anymore. Pacific Cycle owns the name here, and has China mass produce cheap, shitty bikes under the name. This has been the case since about 1997 or so. Because of this, the Mongoose name is on lock in the US, and they can't distribute their good bikes here. This also means that Pacific Cycle has run the Mongoose name into the ground and dragged it through the mud - their reputation is ruined in America. So even if they were to go on sale here, which would be a terrible move no matter how much I wish they would - they just won't sell. Mongoose was a pioneer in BMX for the longest time, and now the name is associated with garbage kids bikes. In the UK and Australia, Mongoose has a legit BMX street/vert team. South America, too. Most of the world, now that I think about it. But if you look up their edits on youtube, the comments are full of young kids who don't know where Mongoose came from - don't know that the brand is still making amazing bikes, and still going strong the world over. These ignorant little shits think that because they see the name on $100 Chinese-made Target bikes that Mongoose can't make a real BMX bike.

I wish I could get my hands on a proper Mongoose, but the cost+shipping to the US makes it cheaper to buy a car.
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:04 pm

addie you are right, i was one of those kids who thought mongoose was always a walmart-bike

i searched some vids and was blown away

thank you for setting me straight lol
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Yeah, just remember that the ones we have here in 'Murikuh aren't really Mongooseseses. They're made by Pacific Cycle, who also make communism and things with avocado in them that shouldn't have avocado in it. (probably)

Real American Mongeese were made until about 1997, in either California or Taiwan. The Taiwan bikes were solid as hell. They started making them there in about 1985, when demand for the bikes overcame the supply. My '86 Californian said "Manufactured in Taiwan for BMX Products, Moor Park CA". They were no different than US-made ones, just made in another country because they needed more than just the US warehouse could pump out.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down
PortableCorpse
Mr. DIY
PortableCorpse

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Nothing should have avocado in it.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:58 pm

PortableCorpse wrote:
Nothing should have avocado in it.
Please tell that to California.
Back to top Go down
Hris13drifter
Cut Springs

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:45 am

Thanks addiem0nster for making me feel old. I haven't rode in ten yrs. Always rode trails, and parks still have both bikes hanging on my wall S&M warpig, and FBM Angel Of Death, also have a Fit frame on the wall. These new bikes are nuts with euro bottem brackets and everything else.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:47 am

Dude, a War Pig? Do want. Completely chrome?
Back to top Go down
Hris13drifter
Cut Springs

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:02 am

frame is but forks, rim ring, pedals, bars, headset are black, hubs, and crank arms are bright pink (was a bet that i wouldn't rock bright pink) and still has original stickers on it from factory not a decal sheet like most of them now a days

Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:04 am

Haha, awesome. Chrome and pink are both at odds for my favorite finish on a bike.
Back to top Go down
Hris13drifter
Cut Springs

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:09 am

ya will upload pics when i get home
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:12 am

Stoked!
Back to top Go down
Hris13drifter
Cut Springs

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:15 am

normally everyone asks me about the fbm which isn't as great as everyone expected
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:21 am

FBMs are rad, I just never looked into them too much. When I was a teenager, the midschool riders in my area all had Haro Backtrails or S&Ms. I was the only kid still rocking an 80's Mongoose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)   BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BMX stuff - old/mid/new school and beyond! (also skateboards because)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next