Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing

Go down 
+19
Yellomello
ratR0
Mooove
Smooth
l iAlexxx l
APX maroman
FabrezzioMarconi
PoL1c3
Milton
AcatINaBEARsuit
xCalluumm
Letchy
RadiatedSlime
Hoonmob
TRK
M1KE0
Impulse
DB BeeDee
Cougar
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Deciced to pull the 240 from its bed and do a full engine rebuild from my garage haha. I bought it cheap because it had a bunch of problems with it, not fully sure on what they are at the moment but thats why I'm taking it apart. Going to be using it as a missile car for now.

Firsts things first, it still has the intercooler piping so I had to remove that.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 3c6ceaaa
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 C1749dcf
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 E251b0ff
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 Ca156dad

Got that shit out.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 F3552128

Next thing was to remove the engine, This was a pain to do in a small space. Had to borrow my buddies engine crane to get it out. After quite a lot of swearing and cut knuckles it was out.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 A77eea81

Took the rocker cover off and removed the cams.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 8bf57d27
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 3dbb4918
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 8bf57d27

Removed pullys and belts.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 82fb9b74

Sump off.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 D25b7362
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 8888f996

Nice and tidy lol.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 4cd613d3
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 15969b6f

The ghetto way to stop my gearbox dropping haha.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 D642fe7d

Turns out the piston rings were fucked, so the comustion fuel mix stuff was making its way down past the piston, breaking everything on its way down. So I need new pistons, rings and get the cylinder bored out. Going to try and get it bored out before the FC comes back in tuesdsay.
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Hey great read but easy on language please Smile
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Ah right, sorry dude.
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Never knew the 240 was that bad or I would of given it to you for cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:18 am

It's all good mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Small update, only just got off at college so won't be picking up the FC until tomorrow. Also found an engineer who will bore out my block, only thing is I have to have custom forged pistons to fit the new size cylinders. Told me if i gave him the specs he would sort the rings free of charge. I know this guy through a friend so hopefully he isn't to mean with the price.

And I'm currently in contact with Dan over at DCW. He's gonna hook me up with a full custom straightpipe exhaust, good times.
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:29 pm

LOL Awesome!

Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Thought you would like that bit haha.
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:41 pm

I'll do the welding Wink
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:42 pm

All good dude, be sure to do a good job haha Razz
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm kidding, I'd be the one to cut all the metal and whatnot, he'd weld it. I only do welding for my car, I'm not that great yet.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:22 pm

What have you welded on your car? Knuckles and stuff like that?

Had a few hours of sunlight left when I got back. So made the most of it and dropped my rear subframe to burn the old bushes out to make way for some solid ones. Didn't have any parrafin so had to syphon some petrol from the M3 haha, not the safest plan but hey! It worked Very Happy

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 5cee3e2f
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 7149e96a

Then I gave it a coat of black paint, just to make it look nice.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 51404dc9

Thats all tonight, arranged to pick up the FC tomorrow morning. So I'll update when I get it back. Got some more plan for the 240's subframe too.
Back to top Go down
Mooove
Mooove

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:45 pm

um, so, are you BNB real life? LOL. You finding all these source pics on line???

This is wild, and freaking awesome!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Yeah, infusing it with RL pics. I'm finding them on forums like Driftworks and stuff.

And, thanks man.
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Use RX-7 Club for your FC source pics, people do stupid stuff to there cars on there so you can find anything for a good joke lol.

And I've welded my exhaust and the tow hook on my bros car, Knuckles are to precious to mess up on, they have to be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Nice, yeah I'll have a search now an.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Just bought a cheap radiator and fan off eBay for £100, gonna throw it on the 240 when it arrives.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 pm

**Big Update**

Got the FC back this morning from Hayward Rotory, well chuffed with it. Whilst it was there having the engine fixed I had them street port it, going off Alex's advice. Feels much more smoother, and it pulls like a train! Here's how she stands now,

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 7999748592_77841fd9aa_z

Can't see it very well but there is a Hayward Rotary logo under the door mirror. Next job is to get the exhaust done from DCW and get that installed, looking into a bodykit for it now too. Also getting in touch with Nickson Motorsports about a roll cage being put in there, busy days ahead I think. Will all be worth it in the end though.

Got some more done to the rear subframe of the 240 today, welded in a plate for extra strength.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 Aae91812
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 7a13b350

Going to give it another coat of paint and get some new solid bushes and re-assemble it back together.

Had my brother help me out aswell this morning, got him to take off the handle on the boot and paint that black, didn't do so bad considering he's only 8 haha.

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 7999748758_be45bce9d9_z

Here's a random drift pic of the E36,

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 7999749190_042784800e_z

AND!! Sold the SC for 7.5k, all funds will probably end up in the FC lol.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Forgot to post pics of my street ported engine,

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 676e567a
Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 594d74bf

Also got the new radiator and fan this morning,

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 7aa528fe
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Have DCW do the cage
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:18 pm

Might do that, I'll ship the car out to you and get a v-mount intercooler set up too haha. Ant then I'll import it back Razz
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:58 pm

In talks with DCW still, thinking of exporting the car over there. Get a badass cage in there and a v-mount intercooler setup.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Went down to the garage last night to tweak the suspension in the E36, and BeeDee was there with his new R33. We was talking about drift events and what not when he told me about Drift Muscle. Being a drift enthusiast I knew what he was talking about, he said the next round was the Tsukuba D1 section, this being one of my favourite tracks despite never driving on it I jokingly said we should both head out there and use the E36. Turned out to be possible, he knew a guy that could get my car flown over there and driven away within a week.

I ran this oppertunity through my head, could I really head out to japan with the M3 and compete. It would be fun. So I bit the bullet and told him to arrange the plane for me, couldn't believe I was doing it. I was so pumped that this was happening. Then I remembered, the E36 wasn't even up to specs for it. It needed a cage for starters, plus BeeDee told me about the awesome talent out there. So I needed more power too.

The 240 and FC are on hold now so I can get the E36 ready in time for Drift Muscle.

So I jumped on eBay and had a look for a cheap bolt in cage, found one for £1500. Bought that and just waiting for delivery, might fully strip it out whilst I'm waiting.

I'll update more soon.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:35 pm

V-mount intercoolers are so sexy on FC's
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:37 pm

They so are haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing   Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cougar's Garage - Doing the American thing
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next