Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BNB Hall of Records?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LainfordExpress
Wakaba

BNB Hall of Records? Empty
PostSubject: BNB Hall of Records?   BNB Hall of Records? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:54 am

I have an idea that we should have some kind of track records for BNBers and their cars. I haven't exactly fully considered how it could work, but I have a rough idea to propose:

1 - There should be separate records for "street" and "race" cars. The easy definition would be street cars are those with no Race parts and are under some PI limit, say B500. "Race" may have any race parts, but must have race tires, weight, cage, brakes, suspension, and front and rear rollbars, with no PI limit. There should be some discussion of what exactly these classes should be.

2 - Times must be proved with a pic of the time and a list of the installed parts. (Some honor system here, not sure what all could be done).

3 - have a bounty, either establish the record and have a prize of $100 to break it, which then increases by 10% each time it is broken, or, establish the record and the mods set the bounty, and double it each week the record remains unbroken.

4 - To limit the insanity, only designate so many tracks as eligible for records (maybe one per continent, North America - Road Atlanta, Europe - Nordschliefe, Asia - Suzuka, Bonus - Fujimi Kaido New Downhill). You could also say that cars may only challenge records in their continent of manufacturer (as listed in the game) or have each driver list in their garage their "residence" and they can only set records at their "home" track. Or maybe the best would be Fujimi Kaido Full as the "street legal" course, and then a race track (Suzuka, Sebring, Road Atlanta) as the "race car course". If we have more eligible tracks, I think fewer classes would be best, if we only have one or two tracks, I think it would be nice to have more classes (maybe three each "street" and "race" classes with different PI limits).

5 - Only clean times count.

The biggest problem I see is the maintenance of the records. That could be a pretty time consuming deal. Maybe it's too far fetched; I was just daydreaming that it could be sorta cool to have some lap time and have people going nuts trying to beat it, then someone would come out of nowhere and blow it out of the water... I was just sorta imagining our little forum world as a real place, where people would build their cars to try to set the local record "on the mountain" (Fujimi Kaido) or at the local road course (Suzuka, or wherever, really... I like Suzuka, and there is a preponderance of Japanese cars here).

Any thoughts? Founders? Mods?

Last edited by LainfordExpress on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ExtremeTurboLag
Mr. DIY
ExtremeTurboLag

PostSubject: Re: BNB Hall of Records?   BNB Hall of Records? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:13 am

Goons be confusing
Back to top Go down
ExtremeTurboLag
Mr. DIY
ExtremeTurboLag

PostSubject: Re: BNB Hall of Records?   BNB Hall of Records? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:14 am

Autocorrect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BNB Hall of Records?   BNB Hall of Records? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BNB Hall of Records?
Page 1 of 1