Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado

Go down 
+14
Kru Jones
addiem0nster
xCalluumm
RyanHappyHands
Cougar
APX maroman
Texas Chia
Falken HD
Mooove
KrazyWolf
iTonehh
Iron Chef BBQ
TRK
ratR0
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:51 pm

@TRK: I believe the AE86 is only in FM4, not Horizon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:06 pm

The Auto-X tournament is in Forza Motorsport 4, I already own a Hachi in Horizon.

This week's Auto-X is hella difficult to do fast and not hit any cones, I keep hitting one as my car loses grip.. 03:12. Some of the newer members are quick, too!
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 7:10 pm

That Javelin is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 7:44 pm

@TRK: My apologies
Back to top Go down
Mooove
Mooove

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Javelin FTW! NICE!

Im going old school with my next purchase also...
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 pm

jeez everyone is going old school lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 am

because muscle cars are silly
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:18 am

im getting a muscle car lol.. id get a fairlady but 2 people already have them haha, 77 trans am Wink
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:23 am

muscle cars are the shit
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:24 am

always have been, always will be... afro
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:30 am

torque FTMFW
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:33 am

i hear ya brother
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Need moar GMC Vandura w/ motor swap options.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 am

Just a minor update.....Javelin is doing pretty well in the time attack events, for what it is I think. No 1st place finishes yet. I might throw a little more money into it but at the same time I might not and just save up for something a little more lightweight and nimble. Maybe some sort of hatchback. For the time being I will keep racing it though!

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8282998834_f71b354917_z
PHOTO63 by matt.baird, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Been a few weeks since I updated. Work was crazy busy at the post office around the holidays. I got a lot of overtime pay though which was nice, I saved up a lot of money. Enough to get out of the dilapidated little house I was renting.

I was looking through the classifieds to hire some moving help, and came across an ad for a van.

1983 GMC Vandura 1500. Former FBI Surveillance Van. Very low miles, only 18,000. Fleet maintained, always garaged. Carson City $5,000

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8349967908_61668883d1_z

I just about fell out of my chair. Talk about a time capsule, this thing looked brand new. I've always had a thing for vans so I had to go check this thing out. I could use it to move to my new place, and with a little work it would be a bad ass parts hauler.

I hopped in the Javelin and took off for Carson city.

Expecting to buy the Van and drive back to the house, I parked the Javelin up the street in a parking garage and walked over to where the van was parked. It looked even better than in the pictures, I happily paid their asking price and took off. It even still had all the old surveillance equipment in it!

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 DATA8

But they literally cut all the wires inside so none of it was functional. No worry, would make a great conversation piece in the shop when gets ripped out of the van anyways.

Part of the reason for the move was that they put up one of those Horizon event tents right behind the house. Not that I have a problem with what they are doing, but good luck getting any sleep at night with that right outside your window.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8349967652_01f27e5f5d_z

It was getting late in the day and I had been driving all over, I decided to head over to the diner for some dinner and then just crash in the van for the night. Finally some peace and quiet.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8348904403_431c13f4f9_z

A couple races ago I won a voucher for a free set of rims, so I picked up some fat 17" Weld wheels with gold painted centers, some sport tires, new shocks and lowering springs, and some other go fast goodies. The build is underway but this thing a long way from finished. Its like a big blank canvas.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8348905211_984697a328_z

I moved into this little house in East Carson. That's Mooove's RV in the driveway. I have no idea where he got it, but its pretty awesome.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8349967512_7c4532d93f_z

Since we were pretty far away from Bunker now, it made sense to rent a garage out here in Carson. This one's on the north end of the warehouse district. Its a good place to store the cars and do work, son. Its much bigger than the last garage too, giving us room to grow, we are thinking about opening up a shop there.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8348904719_9285b0c1e1_z

The new ones are nice and all....but just don't have that old school feel....

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8349967158_c417b6c8a0_z
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Awesome van!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 am

YES! <3
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Javelin got cleaned up a bit too. Pulled all that vinyl off to reveal the fresh paintjob by the previous owner, and took advantage of my other wheel voucher to pick up a new set of 17's. Its still only sitting on sport suspension, and street tires.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8353967848_cbfdef6442_z.

I need to go over the build of the Vandura today and get my budget all updated, and reveal its new paint job. I am definitely going in the hole on this build, but I should be able to pay it off in about a month. It wont ever see a race. The stock gearing is more suited for crusing, and thats what it does best. On a side note, its hilarious when someone runs into me. Its like they hit a brick wall.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:25 pm

I've seen that Javelin in my Touge events and I've got to say that I'm sad that you pulled the vinyl off. I always had a blast looking at that beast going down the mountain. Best looking car on the Touge, after my Hachi of course ;]

Listen, I know I don't know you that well other than our usual talks at the Touge but I have a favor to ask of you. I need to transport a lot of goods - legal, of course - since I need to move and I wondered if I could loan your Vandura for a day. I need to keep this on a low, I cannot get into details but it's in my best interest that no one knows where I'm going.

You've got my number, give me a call!
Of course are there services I can provide for you, whether it's money or bodywork or even help on the Touge.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks, I liked the graphics too, it was something quick and easy to set the car apart right when I got it (bought from storefronts). I am feeling like I want to go in a different direction with the look of the car now, but not sure what I am going to do yet. For now I can let the paint breathe.

RE: Vandura. Sure man, I cant remember if you are in the BNBH club, if you are I can share it there. Otherwise I can send a copy over next time I am on.

Speaking of the Vandura....It was in such good shape it needed very little prep work to get it ready for some custom paint. I kept the original black as a base, taped off the striped areas and sprayed on a metallic gold to match the wheels. A little bit of a darker shade of gold airbrushing fades around all the edges, and of course the custom airbrushed murals around the top half of the van. I thought the Gold Rush name/theme was suitable for Colorado.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8352656862_1e6cd8c2df_z
retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8353967930_54c4f4741c_z
retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8352904607_1d97610a50_z
retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8353967936_f6199eceb2_z
retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8351594595_9f64c59d98_z
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:03 pm

The van took 1st place this week in the FM.net fantasy paint comp Smile
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:06 pm

cheers
well done that man
wanna send me a unicorn lol
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 am

lol. this is my first one. and I am pretty sure you cant gift them.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:18 pm

I wouldn't expect you too haha
I've got a Raptor in fh anyways... My first unicorn in 4 forza games I've owned and there's no achievements or unlocks fml Pmsl

I do love the vandora but it needs a big power engine swap!
Back to top Go down
Iron Chef BBQ
Cut Springs

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 pm

retro hoonage wrote:

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 8351594595_9f64c59d98_z

LOL! That's a funny pic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next