Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spirit's Horizon Garage

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

Spirit's Horizon Garage Empty
PostSubject: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey everyone, welcome to my Colorado garage! I'm new in town so feel free to show me around!

My Story
After attending the music festival in town with a friend, I decided Colorado was the best place for me. I was unemployed and fresh out of Automotive Design school so I figured a new start in a new state would do me well. At home, after saying bye to all the family, I withdrew everything from my savings account and got on a plane to Horizon, CO.

Rocket Bunny FR-S
I've recently been in the market for a new car. Something more show-like. I put the hatchi up for sale in the classifieds and it was a major hit off the start. I Love Ennis was very interested in it. He was looking for a missile drifter for his 2JZ swap and the Trueno fit his needs perfectly. He traded me his $40,000 car for my junk and $5,000. Pretty sure he got the short end of the stick but I'm not complaining.
Spirit's Horizon Garage 8512052605_9613632f1b_z
Spoiler:
Car: 2013
Power: 206 HP
Torque: 155 LB-FT
Weight: 2,524 LBS
Class: B464
Cost: $30,000
Budget: $40,800

Build List
Engine & Power

Engine: D-4S
Air Filter: Stock
Intake Manifold and Throttle Body: Stock
Fuel System: Stock
Ignition: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Camshaft: Stock
Valves: Stock
Displacement: Stock
Pistons and Compression: Stock
Turbo/ Supercharger: Stock N/A
Intercooler: Stock
Oil and Cooling: Sport
Flywheel: Stock

Platform & Handling

Brakes: Stock
Springs & Dampers: HSD Race coilovers
Front Anti-roll Bars: Stock
Rear Anti-roll Bars: Stock
Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage: Stock
Weight Reduction: Sport

Drivetrain

Clutch: Stock
Transmission: Stock
Driveline: Stock
Differential: Kaaz 2-way Race Differential

Tires & Rims

Tire Compound: Sport
Front Tire Width: 245
Rear Tire Width: 245
Front Rim Size: R18
Rear Rim Size: R18
Rim Style: Rotas

Aero and Appearance

Front Bumper: C West
Rear Wing: Forza
Rear Bumper: C West
Sideskirts: C West
Hood:

Other

Spare Parts
Engine & Power

Platform & Handling

Drivetrain

Tires & Rims

Aero and Appearance

Bank Statement
Spoiler:

Last edited by TDT Spirit on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:39 am; edited 24 times in total
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Progressive Story
After arriving in Colorado, I stayed with a buddy until I could find myself a car. I came with only $25,000 and a week's worth of clothes. I had planned to work with my friend at his local body shop until I could move on to opening my own shop.
Day in and day out I went to the shop and pulled fenders and bondo'd metal. It was a boring job but it was still making me money. On my breaks I searched through the vehicle classifieds to find nothing but old Camrys and new Accords. I was looking to invest in something with a little more potential honestly.
A couple of weeks went by and finally a new posting appeared in the classifieds. An old 1985 Toyota Trueno. Right hand drive and with a 2JZ Supra motor stuffed in it. I decided to give the guy a call. Turns out he had been drifting the car for the last three years and now needed the money for college. He threw the stock rims back on and was asking $12,800 for the car. I figure it a fair price and went to meet him for the trade. I had my friend take me to meet him at a local diner.
As we pulled up to the restaurant I spotted the man standing next to my future car. We conversed a little more about his past and my future plans with the car. After exchanging his keys for my wad of cash and signing over the title, the car was officially mine.
Spirit's Horizon Garage 8317728355_5ce842a39b_c
On the way to it's new home we took a few scenic detours and really got to feel what the Supra engine is all about.
Spirit's Horizon Garage 8317729809_eef519748c_c
After getting back home I had to make a tough decision; the 2JZ was a little too much for the setup the car currently had. I decided to swap back in a local junkyard 4AG over the weekend. I got a nice deal on two of them for next to nothing from a U-Pick right near the shop. I really only needed one but since Truenos are so hard to come by any more I decided to buy both. The shop had enough room and I figured I could build the spare up as a race motor in the meantime.
After transporting the two engines and hearing shit from my boss about taking up shop space, I still had enough money to buy some goodies for the new car. I got a call from my friend Falken HD telling me he was parting some things on his Trueno and he wanted me to come by and see if I needed anything. Sure enough, a whole set of nearly-new KW Variant 3 coilovers were laying on his foldout table when I got to his house. He let them go for $2,000 and I now had a nicer handling ride. The 2JZ still in the car we went out for some quality sliding time before we swapped it out.
Once we arrived home and had a good nights rest, it was time to pull that engine while we still had the weekend. Someone was already lined up to buy it once we got it out. $6,000 and an old beat up Levin, I'm guessing his old chassis since he was driving one very similar. Turning wrenches for three hours, we finally got that hunk of metal out of my engine bay. Kru had just pulled up in a flatbed to take it right then too. Great timing! Now since it was only 2 in the afternoon we turned some more wrenches and threw in one of the 4AGs into it. A few hours passed and finally we had it finished and ready to hit the streets.
The next thing on my list for the car was a paintjob, wheels, and a full Origin kit. Deciding on the color was difficult though, I ended up going onto our shop's computer and looking at the preview we have for wheels. I liked the stock colors and was sold on the red. Luckily a friend of mine owned a local paint shop and offered to do it for me. I wanted the split black and red like the original paint and he had no problem doing so. I also ordered a set of Volk TE37s in white and 16" on Nittos and the Origin kit.
Spirit's Horizon Garage 8323937980_fa08dbf584_c
Finally after waiting what felt like forever, my parts came in, my car got painted and I installed everything without any problems. I took this picture after getting the oil changed and had an alignment done.
Now that I had my car setup for how I wanted it, I had the time to start messing with that other motor. During some down time at work I had been messing around taking pieces of it off little by little. My 4AG build would start with boring out the block so that meant getting all the way down there.
Spirit's Horizon Garage 8512052605_9613632f1b_z
So for awhile of saving money from my job in hopes of building my race 4AG motor, I kept pondering what I really wanted to do with the car. There were no race tracks or drift tracks around the area. Did I really want to lug around a track car to work everyday? I really just wanted a nice car to get to work everyday to bring to car shows every once in a while. I listed my Hatchi up to test waters and see how much people would pay for it. I was shocked at the first bid. I Love Ennis was willing to give me his Rocket Bunny FR-S in return for the Hatchi, the junkyard Levin, and the 4AG sitting in my garage. I gave him an extra $5,000 since I thought he was being oddly considerate and we made the transaction.
Spirit's Horizon Garage 8513165092_ca02653760_z
The car came with a huge TRUST sticker on the door. Not my taste. I peeled it off at the gas station on the way home before dragging it through a car wash. Not only was it bodykitted out, it brought really clean 18" Rotas on it aswell along with a few other goodies like HSD fully adjustable suspesion and a Mishimoto radiator with a lower activated thermostat. This was my ideal show car.
Spirit's Horizon Garage 8512052321_1c66487de6_z
Just making sure the suspension is in check. Luckily no guards were on duty at the media center. I drove it down to my friend that works as a automotive painter. He said he'd take good care of it when I called him inquiring about painting another car. I haven't completely decided what color to go with yet.

Last edited by TDT Spirit on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Ordering some new Volks TE37s 16". Any suggestions on colors? I plan to repaint this car pretty soon and am stuck on a scheme...
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:56 pm

All red with the factoy black bumpers and white volk's
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Hmmm it sounds nice. I was even thinking like a flat blue with white Volks.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm

oooh flat blue with white volks sounds nice and fresh Smile however it's goto be the right kinda blue.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Blue would make that bad boy look nice.......on white Volks too? excuse me...i need to visit a rest room...its got me all worked up thinkin about it!! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 am

I went with a dark metallic red. Ordered the Volks and the car is currently at the paintshop.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:07 am

Sweet deal.
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 4:31 am

Ordered some Levin lights for this car. I like the AE85 front end better.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:40 am

Sending an entire beat up levin to your house on the back of my tow truck. Feel free to scrap her for parts!
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Good stuff. I'll probably take the front end off and have it painted along with my car.
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:41 pm

New stuff in the second post. Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:24 am

Great story! Sorry about the delay! Driver said his batteries went dead on his gps so he got lost on his way to your house. levin is dropped off with the keys and title in the glove compartment. Take care of the old girl!
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:40 am

Haha I'm going to be part raping her soon. Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest.
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 am

Lot of stuff to update! Tore down my spare engine and really did some work on it. Going cruising with an old friend here shortly if anyone wants to come hang out at my place afterwards your more than welcome. The story update will come later tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:48 am

Long weekend haha work tomorrow and I'm putting a clutch and coilovers in my real car wednesday and thursday so maybe friday ill have the time to write the next part of my build.
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Thinking about selling this thing... Looking for a show car rather than a drift car seeing there isn't a very big drift culture in Colorado
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 pm

We should make one? I'm designing a touge/highway killer currently.
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 pm

A Trueno?
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Evo.
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Hmmm. That sounds pretty appealing. How would we go about building it together then?
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 pm

I meant a drift scene for horizon Wink I want to see more touge not just drift.

And a shared build car sounds like a sweet idea! Hmm it'd need some kinda money scheme as just combining both weekly 6k's would make it too easy and quick :/
Back to top Go down
TDT Spirit
Wheels And A Drop
TDT Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Yeah. I like the drift scene idea. The build is what catches my eye. How many people are needed to open a shop? I'm not sure if you're "allowed" to share a build unless it's a shop.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm not sure, I'd love to open a shop but I can't paint well enough to warrant it :/ then again I spent three days researching parts for my Horizon Evo build so maybe that's enough? (If you get time feel free to check out the build and story, Evo part starts about page 7)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit's Horizon Garage   Spirit's Horizon Garage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit's Horizon Garage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next