Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shanebassist's "crummy" cars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shanebassist
Wakaba
shanebassist

Shanebassist's "crummy" cars  Empty
PostSubject: Shanebassist's "crummy" cars    Shanebassist's "crummy" cars  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:17 am

Well, earlier this month I was looking for a good car to bring from my hometown of Gautier, MS to Colorado for the horizon festival, and I happened by a "deal" on a "new" FRS online for a solid 20k. Needless to say, it was to good to be true.
The FRS was for sale by a former dealership (now bankrupt) and it was the former show car, so it had a few miles on it. (2000 to be exact)
That wasn't the kicker though.

The dealer had treated the car terribly (no doubt the reason the business went bankrupt)

It needed repairs, servicing, a new paint job, and a thorough wash both inside and out.
After fixing all of the damage I ended up spending just as much money as I would have if I went to a nice, reputable dealership bringing the price of the car back up to about 24k, and crushing my dreams of spending the extra money I had on upgrading the suspension. Luckily I did still have enough cash left over to get a new air filter and I had the extra time to shed some weight before I made my trip to Colorado.

A small list of the things I had done to the "new" FRS
-new fuel pump (1,000cr)
-new battery (150cr)
-new spark plugs
-new bulbs for taillights
-realignment
-many, many other things

Lesson learned here is, don't trust everything you see online, and even if you do, don't buy a car online anyway.

Cars

Spoiler:

Finances
Spoiler:

Last edited by shanebassist on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Tidy-ing post. New to formatting)
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Shanebassist's "crummy" cars    Shanebassist's "crummy" cars  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:22 am

Welcome to BNB, to add spoilers you must,

[spolier*]enter text you want hidden here[/spoiler*]

Remove the *'s. Also make sure you keep your bank statement updated with dates. You also need to put what exactly you bought in your bank statement as well. Everything else looks good though!
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
shanebassist
Wakaba
shanebassist

PostSubject: Re: Shanebassist's "crummy" cars    Shanebassist's "crummy" cars  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 am

I think that its better now, I kinda just lowered what I paid for the scion to bring it back up to in game price for the sake of storytelling, so I didn't try to work out any prices on the things I did to fix the car, since they aren't in game. I can fix it if I need to though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shanebassist's "crummy" cars    Shanebassist's "crummy" cars  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shanebassist's "crummy" cars
Page 1 of 1