Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?

Go down 
+6
Texas Chia
APX maroman
DB BeeDee
xARCTIKKAMOx
Falken HD
D1 DEMON
10 posters
AuthorMessage
D1 DEMON
Oil Changer
D1 DEMON

HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? Empty
PostSubject: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:39 am

Just icase you havent heard, there was a huge wreck at daytona recently. Parts everywhere and stuff, even a whole engine went into the stands, and a tire or two. anyone have anything to add or share, videos, comments ect.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 am

28 people hurt, 4 in criticle condition.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
D1 DEMON
Oil Changer
D1 DEMON

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:56 am

I wonder if nascar is going to pay their hospital bills.
Back to top Go down
xARCTIKKAMOx
Wakaba
xARCTIKKAMOx

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 am

Danica Patrick needs to stop racing.
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:09 am

Doubt they will.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:19 am

xARCTIKKAMOx wrote:
U mad she got pole??
Back to top Go down
xARCTIKKAMOx
Wakaba
xARCTIKKAMOx

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 am

I can't answer that because as I see it, any answer I give will sound quite sexist (which I am not) so yeah about that...
Now to get serious, I missed the race so who was involved in the wreck?
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:02 am

like 30 people. in the wreck.

i dont get why people dont like her TBH. she was in indy cars for how long. then teh minuet she got into nascar people started bitching. i dont get it..

its common sense tho, theres a fench and 5 feet protecting you from 43 cars ate 180mph.. SOMETHING is going to happen at SOME point.

DEFF gonna watch the daytona 50 tomorrow tho. been a while since i watched a full nascar race. i miss it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
xARCTIKKAMOx
Wakaba
xARCTIKKAMOx

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:06 am

Because NASCAR is a predominantly male sport. If I am correct she is the only female driver. Add a couple of stereotypical and most likely sexist and drunk rednecks plus the stereotype that women can't drive... Well think about that for a second.
Back to top Go down
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:49 am

i don't know why you went off on Danica, she is a well talented driver and doesn't deserve any shit for being a women. she clearly drives better than you and i must say looks much better.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

also she wasn't involved in this crash, you just seem to be a little sexist, my good Sir.
Back to top Go down
xARCTIKKAMOx
Wakaba
xARCTIKKAMOx

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:03 am

As I said it was a stereotype that women can't drive. I have seen women drive better then men. I am not sexist, I am sorry if I came off as such.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:33 am

xARCTIKKAMOx wrote:
I can't answer that because as I see it, any answer I give will sound quite sexist (which I am not) so yeah about that...
She sold herself out to GoDaddy.com and tried to sell herself as "the bombshell of racing" instead of just trying to focus on being a competent driver and not letting her gender play a role in her career, so frankly, she can go f*** herself. She had the chance to show that women in american motorsports could be taken seriously, and she threw it away.

D1 Ladies League is where it's at, I just wish they would merge it with regular D1. Those ladies are on the same level as the dudes, easily. I know Sumika Kubokawa is, anyway.
Back to top Go down
xARCTIKKAMOx
Wakaba
xARCTIKKAMOx

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:37 am

Whenever I get in a argument, I'll give addie a call to settle it.
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:38 am

Texas Chia wrote:

also she wasn't involved in this crash, you just seem to be a little sexist, my good Sir.

Kinda hard to be involved in a wreck when you weren't on track to even get in it.

xARCTIKKAMOx wrote:

Love the sportscenter coverage of it. Started out with Danica didn't finish the race. Haha.

But Nascar has been a very safe sport for the past 10 years. Not 1 death since 2002 at the top 3 levels. Nascar has gotten their act together when it comes to safety. This is a one time incident that they'll be looking closely at. A lot of cars have been finding the fences lately, and they'll have to do something about it very soon. Just these past 3 years I can remember off the top of my head at least 5 times a Nascar car or truck has ended up in the fence. Either they need to fix the way these cars break apart (changing the body parts to a different material) or they'll have to fix the cheese graders they have surrounding the track. Eventually, they'll have to put plexiglass domes on the track in fear of being sued. I really think that they'll probably go with behind the plate foul netting on the lower deck of the stands.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:54 am

nascar has done a good job on trying to keep the cars on the ground when spinning at 180mph but they still seem to find air time. maybe nascar needs to go back to the drawing board with the new car. a crash this bad at the firt major race isnt a good way of starting the year off with a new car.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 8:24 am

Well, if you look at the crash, that kind of wreck isn't because the cars aren't good at staying on the ground, the car hit another car going 190 mph and the no weight in the rear made it lift, then, as with anything that is flat, caught the air. So, that's just a racing incident. The old car was bad for flipping over with the reverse airplane wing. Now, they just need to figure out how to keep the fans safe. The cars are doing their jobs.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:22 am

addiem0nster wrote:
xARCTIKKAMOx wrote:
She sold herself out to GoDaddy.com and tried to sell herself as "the bombshell of racing" instead of just trying to focus on being a competent driver and not letting her gender play a role in her career, so frankly, she can go f*** herself. She had the chance to show that women in american motorsports could be taken seriously, and she threw it away.

D1 Ladies League is where it's at, I just wish they would merge it with regular D1. Those ladies are on the same level as the dudes, easily. I know Sumika Kubokawa is, anyway.

Sumika Kubokawa makes average drivers look like they have training wheels and a learning permit......she's no joke

Best woman rider/driver: Carrie Palmer. Who's that? My god damn wife.....you ever get a chance to see her on her Motorcyle you'll see what I mean
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:28 pm

cars at high speed will always try to launch regardless of design, its fundamental physics.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
thats mark webber iirc and there was no contact to cause the take off

when you have that much air rushing over the car it only takes a small amount to get underneath and start a snowball effect to turn it into a fan seeking missle

i think the netting isnt a good enough barrier (unless its a kevlar titanium weave lol)
but the blame has to sit on the fans shoulders
as Cam said,
Quote :
its common sense tho, theres a fench and 5 feet protecting you from 43 cars ate 180mph.. SOMETHING is going to happen at SOME point.

every european motorsport has learned spectator safety is massively important but i guess at the oval tracks having the cars a couple of feet aways for the visceral experience is more important than peoples lives

addie i agree if you want to prove you are the same as the guys then dont wave your puppies saying 'oohhhh go buy this crap i'm holding near my tatties'
but that said if i was offered a few mil to wear a charlies angles jumpsuit or speedos and expose my rather small breasts, i'd have a hard time saying no

HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? Breaking+bad+money
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Long story short, Danica can out race male drivers and people get mad about it.
Back to top Go down
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Falken HD wrote:
Long story short, Danica can out race male drivers and people get mad about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?   HOW BOUT THAT WRECK? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOW BOUT THAT WRECK?
Page 1 of 1