Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?

Go down 
+15
xCalluumm
Falken HD
ratR0
TRK
CheekyChipsYo
Ilarnek
RyanHappyHands
addiem0nster
DB BeeDee
MosukeKodoSan
MichaelC
Volkswagen Yo
Impulse
CivicEJ9
AC x Stunner
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

[poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? Empty
PostSubject: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 12:05 am

It's great that the community has so many options to get there tunes. But is it really nesscercary for everybody under the sun to own a shop ? I understand the competitive side of it, but im tired of the same old "we make tunes" kind of thing ? What happened to originality ?

The way i see it. I think it should be harder to start a shop. In life, you need trademarking, a shop, workers, staff payment and advertisement. I propose a reformation on how shops are created and run. Back in my time when i first joined, each shop had to have 4 members to begin.

@Smooth, what about a dragon's den styled thing. For those who don't know what it is. It's a show were people propose a business idea and ask for some money to start the business ?

Sorry if i sound negative gents. It's been a long week :/
Back to top Go down
CivicEJ9
Wheels And A Drop
CivicEJ9

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 5:58 pm

I think it's a good proposal. +1 Smile
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:55 pm

It's a video game.

I do see where it should be a bit more realistic though.
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:03 pm

How many shops exist in real life?

A shit ton.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 pm

We know that, but they aren't formed like they are on BnB.
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:30 pm

?
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:31 pm

It's just a bit sad how many a men have tried to make money from shops, but are always put down by the bigger man. "The guy with a name will always gain"
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:31 pm

CivicEJ9 wrote:
I think it's a good proposal. +1 Smile

Thanks Civic Wink
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:35 pm

i see the idea, but it might be hard to define an actual shop, and id not wanna be the soulcrusher that to tell them to close.

but i do see your point
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:38 pm

I get what you're saying stunner. I'm not saying people don't have skills but its really easy to start a shop without proving yourself. Everyone I've delt with has talent no doubt, it can be hard to see someone's worth if all it takes is a post in the marketplace

On the other hand adding restrictions or conditions would most likely mean no more new business', which is also not what bnb is about....

One idea would be to work apprenticeships where proven tuners/painters give guidance and if there's no work about, training exercises (tune car x for track x and we'll talk about what you've done and why) and when you can see an apprentice knows thier shiznit they can open their own shop or join another as a recognised pro

That way if someone needs help and tuition then they get it to better their craft, or is clear in days how capable they already are
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:57 pm

I think what im trying to say is that its great we have the shops, don't get me wrong. But there's so much option, i have no idea who to choose. For example. Im a regular customer to ppyuri and his widebody shop. But now CC has come along, what happens to ppyuri ? Maybe if people from different shops all come together to create super shops, that way everybodys in work, and still getting payed !
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 pm

If that was done, then there would be no incentive to open a shop. The point of that is to see who does better in a given area, be it painting or tuning. I'm against super shops lol.

Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Maybe not super shops hahaha, but im still strong about making shops harder !
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 pm

AC x Stunner wrote:
I think what im trying to say is that its great we have the shops, don't get me wrong. But there's so much option, i have no idea who to choose. For example. Im a regular customer to ppyuri and his widebody shop. But now CC has come along, what happens to ppyuri ? Maybe if people from different shops all come together to create super shops, that way everybodys in work, and still getting payed !

Having competition will make people make better things, be it tunes or paints. If you want to be the best you have to do your best.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 11:46 pm

I started Spooky to run events and have a rental service. Turns out others have tried and failed, and so have I. Oh well.

My personal shop is more a service than a shop. I just paint ratty looking cars for people. Shops for tunes all offer different setups based on the shop owner's idea of what makes a good tune. That sets them apart more than anything, I think. To say there are too many tuning shops seems a little bold, and trying to get them capped (especially if you run a shop of your own) seems very unsportsmanlike.

The man with the rep makes the money, that's how a competitive marketplace works. Offer things like free tunes to draw customers away from your competitors, and if you attract enough attention and supply a decent product, you will have a client base of your own.

Saying there are too many shops and none of them are original comes across as petty and whiny. Not a good rep to give yourself if you're trying to get your shop noticed.
Back to top Go down
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Well the main problem is it anybody can fiddle with tunes with no problem, so theres no need to buy them. If shops were the only people allowed to tune, and only because they paid 100,000 cr to get equipement to do so, then tuning could thrive.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:10 am

I think with BnB being so community run, why not make it so detailed/race paints, heavily sponsered (GRDA) style cars & heavily tuned (not just tire pressure and suspension) has to be done through a shop, even if it's doing it yourself but still having to run it through a garage and pay them for it (though probably needs revising).
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:15 am

Petty ? I started a debate among the community, i wasen't asking for an arguement ? Very uncalled for there Addie.

Last edited by AC x Stunner on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:24 am

Experience.
Back to top Go down
CheekyChipsYo
Junkyard Junkie
CheekyChipsYo

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:31 am

I ..... Have to totally agree on you with this, its how everything works in real life.... And if we want to make BNB more realistic, this is the beginning .... Surely?
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:38 am

CheekyChipsYo wrote:
I ..... Have to totally agree on you with this, its how everything works in real life.... And if we want to make BNB more realistic, this is the beginning .... Surely?

Thank you !
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:31 am

AC x Stunner wrote:
Petty ? I started a debate among the community, i wasen't asking for an arguement ? Very uncalled for there Addie.

Okay now that's a little word-bending. He said you come off as petty

Not trying to take sides tho I honestly can't make up my mind
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:29 am

I think limiting how many shops is a really bad idea. Lets say APEX designs leader wants to have a APEX shop. They make some great paints, but are denied to make a shop because we have a couple of paint shops that don't do a good as them. People would become lazy with their product because everyone knew that they only had 4 or 5 shops to beat out and they know that new competition isn't coming. How would putting a cap on the amount shops open make it more realisitic?

If I would suggest anything, make a price of 50-100k to start a shop. It doesn't have to come from one person, it can come from anywhere. But, you may start a shop, in your garage, for free. If you wanted to have a place in the marketplace, you have to pay for a spot, just like businesses do.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:33 am

I'm against this.
If you want to make a shop that stands out, make a shop that stands out.
Put effort in it. Strike deals with other members.

I started the first shop on BNB, Garage K. We had a lot of fun tuning cars for others.
Nowadays Impulse and I just tune cars for ourselves, shops come and go.
Not everyone can be active all the time so it leaves a gap for everyone to start his or her own shop.

And of course, people WILL go to the best tuners/painters/whatever (Garage K, duh), but why put a limit on the amount of shops?
People will STILL go to the best.

Just be unique and you'll manage.
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:35 am

^^Now that makes sense.

If we were to make it even more realistic the shops could be charged a certain amount of money towards tax. The money used to pay the tax can't be donated money so If the shop can't pay they get a warning and a fine, then the next time they don't pay the shop gets closed down. This would help limit them in a way and all the inactive shops would be shut down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?   [poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[poll] Are there to many shops in BNB ? Should there be a Cap ?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next