Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ

Go down 
+7
ONI Synyster
ratR0
TRK
Kru Jones
Drags
Falken HD
addiem0nster
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ Empty
PostSubject: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm

I don't care if you sell a car that I've painted for you - but if you're a person who gets a hold of one of my cars that's been painted, please respect the fact that I've spent hours and hours in the paintshop working on making a unique looking beater car. I never reuse rust or damage patterns. I don't save them as vinyl groups and then plaster them on each new car I get a request for. Every single car I paint is 100% unique for the customer.

That said, I'm getting a little more than irritated at seeing them erased. If you don't want a beater-looking car, move on to the next car. Or just spend 6k on a new goddamned shell and pass the rusted car on to someone else.

It's your right to do whatever you want with the cars you buy here at BNB. But before you white-wash a complicated paintjob, please stop to consider the work that went into it. The time spent in the paintshop for someone when the painter could have been playing the game with friends or doing anything else constructive. Some painters just play the game to paint, and that's cool - but I'm not one of those people. When you ask me to paint your car, I take time away from other things to do it. I could be drifting, or watching a movie with someone, or producing art for my portfolio.

They're gonna get painted over eventually, but not even a month later? A slap in the fucking face.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 pm

I totally agree with that, but just one thing..Its their car. They are going to do what they want, no matter what. Yes, its disappointing, but i guess you just have to deal with it..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:56 pm

That's fair. I think my version of "dealing with it" would be to stop painting for people altogether. Plenty other skilled painters around here, my work won't be missed.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:57 pm

That wasnt what I was implying..All im saying is theyre going to do what they want to do with their car. Thats all man
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Thats super cool how you do each car unique, not just like a copy and paste method
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/TunerAddictions
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:02 pm

I know, and I"m not mad at you, Falken. I'm over the crybaby bullshit I pulled when you painted my old 240. But I just learned that one of my more involved works has been scrapped after less than a month on BNB.

It's getting to be too much for me. It really kills your motivation to paint for people, and thus it lowers the quality. I honestly right at this moment don't want to bother painting for anyone anymore. I'll spend a week of two-hour sessions in the paint shop just to release it into the wild and have it deleted two weeks later.

Fuck that.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeah it sucks bro and i know how ya feel....but when you sell those cars you gotta part ways with them....if you think your paints are worth that much more , charge accordingly...you do put your heart and soul in them and if you want a person to appreciate that, theyll have to pay more than average. Otherwise once you hand them over consider it a done deal and expect changes to come.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Kru Jones wrote:
Yeah it sucks bro and i know how ya feel....but when you sell those cars you gotta part ways with them....if you think your paints are worth that much more , charge accordingly...you do put your heart and soul in them and if you want a person to appreciate that, theyll have to pay more than average. Otherwise once you hand them over consider it a done deal and expect changes to come.
+1
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Addie, just paint for the people that respect your work.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Yeah, I was charging 10k for a full-car paint, but people were telling me it was too much. I recently lowered it to 6k, begrudgingly. I know I sound like a whiny artist, but I still stand by my point that white-washing someone's work is bullshit.

"Because it's their right" is a shitty reason.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Well, they are a "shitty" paint job Wink
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Well I also thought it was too much.
Not because I don't think it's worth it but because I tried to look at it realistically.
I mean, you're paying to get your car beaten up.

All jokes aside, do whatever you want, I don't care.

Ok in all seriousness, YOLO.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Falken HD wrote:
Well, they are a "shitty" paint job Wink
I like that you had the guts to go there. It actually made me smile. pirat

I said in the party that I would regret this rant - I don't know if I do yet, but I do know I don't feel any better about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Im not trying to be inflammatory, but you don't save your work before you send it off to others? I have saved copies of everything I do, pretty much. regardless if it ends up on my storefront, or a 1 of a kind paintjob.

I basically have every BNB car I ever had still, like a backup copy, even if its not part of my active garage.

Last edited by retro hoonage on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ONI Synyster
Mr. DIY
ONI Synyster

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Not being funny but id gladly pay another 10k for one of Addies paints. And think hes got every right to charge that much for each and every car.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:22 pm

I have backups of them all. The thing that gets me is that I do these paintjobs because someone wants a unique car to be injected into the BNB community. I try to circulate "junkers" so that those of us into the budget car scene can have rust buckets to kick around in. I work too hard to make everything a one-off, so the idea of just reapplying the paintjob on another car and putting it back into circulation on BNB is just contradictory to why and how I paint.

I dunno. If it takes, "Don't paint over Addie's cars or he'll starting crying like a bitch" to get my work to last even a month around here, then there's no point in me doing it at all.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Darth mong wrote:
Not being funny but id gladly pay another 10k for one of Addies paints. And think hes got every right to charge that much for each and every car.
This, and if I need quality work done to my car, Addie is my first choice and I RESPECT his awesome work!
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:29 pm

I got an idea. Make a contract with every purchaser of one of your designs, that you will buy the design back for a percentage (not sure what %) should they decide to change the look. And then you can sell the designs from your shop at a discount, as they are "used". Thereby keeping the designs in circulation, and allowing people the choice to either get a one-off made for themselves, or buy a discounted pre-made design. Opens up your customer base to those with less money. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Idea:

Send the paints to the Junkyard (without stickers) so that way they get circulated back in?
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Something like the following could work:

Say you sell the design for 10k, you buy it back at 40%(4k) and sell it at 50% to 60% of the original cost (5k to 6k).
Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:33 pm

retro hoonage wrote:
Im not trying to be inflammatory, but you don't save your work before you send it off to others? I have saved copies of everything I do, pretty much. regardless if it ends up on my storefront, or a 1 of a kind paintjob.

+1
Addie I love you man... No homo
But if people can't appreciate your work then... Fuck um j/k
Almost everything I make gets saved to my hdd as I know others don't always appreciate the effort involved and works get errazed or screwed up by the new owners
It's usually those that can't paint (wether or not they think they can) who don't appreciate works

I know 99% of you guys won't disrespect any work I do for you but I know there's a chance it will happen so I simply draw the line at selling my work/gifting it to all and sundry or taking credit for it
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:34 pm

DIS OldManTiger wrote:
I got an idea. Make a contract with every purchaser of one of your designs, that you will buy the design back for a percentage (not sure what %) should they decide to change the look. And then you can sell the designs from your shop at a discount, as they are "used". Thereby keeping the designs in circulation, and allowing people the choice to either get a one-off made for themselves, or buy a discounted pre-made design. Opens up your customer base to those with less money. Just an idea.

TRK wrote:
Idea:

Send the paints to the Junkyard (without stickers) so that way they get circulated back in?

This and this.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:34 pm

I appreciate the kind words, guys. I just don't want this to turn into a finger-pointing war room.

What I should have said after a cup of coffee and a moment to chill the eff out is:

Your Forza painters work very hard. You have every right to paint over their work, but consider the effort that went into it. Please.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:41 pm

The input and ideas are nice, I really appreciate them and the support you guys have shown me. If I were to try any of them, it would be TRK's idea, though. I like the idea of janky-looking cars coming from a scrapyard. I'm not interested in having duplicates of my paints out there - I make them unique for a reason.

I'll see you guys at Spooky Buddies. I need some time off from BNB to rethink my paintshop (if I'm even going to continue painting for BNB) and to let this roll off my back. I have other projects outside of Forza that need to be taken care of, anyway.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Let me know, Vanillope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ   MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY DAMAGE PAINTS - PLEASE READ
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next