Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BYRacing77
Wakaba
BYRacing77

BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. Empty
PostSubject: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 2:08 am

Working on my next video!

How to repair force feedback shuttering from dirty electric motors in the CSR Elite wheel plus up close look at the racing wheel adapter. I know quite a few have had this problem with little to no help from Fanatec. I first started having this issue with LFS and now its got worse and Forza 4 is showing the feedback shuttering that worsens as feedback increases.
Research found that it is directly related to the dual electric motors that drive the belts so I'm digging in to see how I can fix it on my own.
BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. Videop10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BYRacing77
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 2:13 am

and i thought i was brave dismantling my turbo s wheel to fit a handbrake and my momo lol

when i turn my turbo s on and it calibrates, it will rotate over to the right like normal but when it returns to center it will 'wobble' back and forth about 10 deg of center like a metronome until i stop it by hand...
i works perfectly other then that (when i can be ass'd to get the rig out of the cupboard that is lol)
any ideas why?
Back to top Go down
BYRacing77
Wakaba
BYRacing77

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 2:17 am

My G25 Wheel used to do that.

I think it is the springback setting or return to center setting on full strength during calibration.

Constantly overshooting the center till you stop it.

I just dealt with it the same way you did since there was no performance flaws when using the wheel.
Back to top Go down
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:44 am

BY just joined. GG my pants are done. Huge fan man, your vids convinced me to get a CSR. Wish I had a soldering iron to do the hand brake mod though Sad
Back to top Go down
BYRacing77
Wakaba
BYRacing77

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 5:37 am

LOL! Glad you like the videos Smile

It is worth it to buy the soldering iron and do the handbrake mod if you get a chance.

It is not that expensive or borrow one if you can.

If you have any questions let me know.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:51 am

Getting a CSR for my birthday, first job: Handbrake, then Cheap fake nardi y0.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:57 am

I would suggest over taking the wheel apart, getting elite/clubsport pedals then you can just plug in a handbrake without the soldering iron lol
But a full size wheel is a must!
Back to top Go down
Brenwalsh
Oil Changer
Brenwalsh

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Doesn't the handbrake mod void the warranty of these wheels?

I've looked into getting them but with rumours of them not working with the new xbox, I'm just going to stay with my controller for the minute
Back to top Go down
BYRacing77
Wakaba
BYRacing77

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Fanatec wheels not working with the new XBOXONE?

Please provide links of where you found this rumor.

Otherwise kill it here.

I believe The Fanatec wheels will work across both new consoles like the CSR's do now.

I will do some digging into this for solid confirmation into whether the wheels will be able to connect to the PS4 and XBOXONE then provide links to back up anything I find.

Back to top Go down
Brenwalsh
Oil Changer
Brenwalsh

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No solid info on it but nobody can get an answer from fanatec or microsoft about it.
Back to top Go down
BYRacing77
Wakaba
BYRacing77

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:58 pm

xCalluumm wrote:
Getting a CSR for my birthday, first job: Handbrake, then Cheap fake nardi y0.

Nice! NRG makes a great wheel that weighs about the same as the Standard CSR wheel so you wont have issues with slow spinback in transitions.

They average about $100 a wheel.

Be sure to put into consideration using a deep dish to keep your hands spaced away from the base otherwise you will be rubbing your knuckles against the wheel base, depending on how you make your adapter of course.[left]
Back to top Go down
BYRacing77
Wakaba
BYRacing77

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Brenwalsh wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No solid info on it but nobody can get an answer from fanatec or microsoft about it.

Thanks for sharing these links!

I read through both and the comments.

I see and understand your hesitation and I do not blame you for waiting it out.

My theory about it is The mother board in the CSR wheels are already current with the data transfer requirements.

I base this on the Infinion processor that runs the CSR wheels, and its ability to communicate with the PS3 which has a higher data transfer rate than XBOX360.

All the requirements are there.

In theory, A simple firmware update would be all it needs.

If I'm wrong, and all Fanatec wheels will be obsolete, then enjoy your new XBOXONE because I'm not buying. XBOX 360 Forza 4 is still doing great for me as well as Live For Speed and Richard Burns Rally on PC. I am in no rush.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.   BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BYRacing Motorsports CSR Elite wheel repair video update.
Page 1 of 1