Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should BnB have an 18+ section?

Go down 
+13
FormulaDRIFT09
Evan93
XxDeLegendxX
Cougar
Fizzy
FloridaDrifter
NemesisHybrid
M1KE0
Fireman
Impulse
Box tyler boX
Carlos 201
TokenblackGuy4U
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TokenblackGuy4U
Mr. DIY
TokenblackGuy4U

Should BnB have an 18+ section? Empty
PostSubject: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Seeing as Fm3 BnB was populated mainly older generation which was near all the regulars & basically kept BnB going on these forums and on the track i propose we should have a sub forum (password coded prefrably with maybe showing either Smooth or Demon whichever one is running it now proof of age). And limited to only ppl above the age of 18(or even 16+) to be allowed access to it.

Its getting kinda obvious since starting up again the older generation of BnBr's are sort of a minority compared to the old BnB & without being rude it would be nice to have an area for those people that can still hang out and not have to catch our tongues (well fingers) while on here. Its also obvious with the age gap between some of us is pretty damn big so topics we talk about is wildly different, whats appropriate and not appropriate at ages differs alot also. you get where im coming from here? The older generation has just asmuch right to be able to play and talk as they want while still being activly involve within the community also. Not being able to be urself 24/7 kinda takes abit of the fun that is BnB. Backyard drifters hanging with other drifters talking bout shit that interests you while having fun and sliding. Not a bunch of 18+ yr olds having to be mindful of there mouths or fingers 24/7 incase we accidently ruffle some feathers. I found myself today leaving my mic off cause i kinda felt like a dirty old perv in a lobby i was in lol.

I just think it'd be a nice idea & id even put my hand up to moderate it and take full responsability for said section if it comes to life seeing as i know if it was to come to pass that im basically the only legal Mod or Admin around here for now unless more are put on.
Back to top Go down
Carlos 201
Mr. DIY
Carlos 201

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:00 pm

im for it
Back to top Go down
Box tyler boX
Wheels And A Drop
Box tyler boX

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Carlos 201 wrote:
im for it
+1
but im not sure how difficult it would be to create a subforum that would require another password
Back to top Go down
Carlos 201
Mr. DIY
Carlos 201

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:53 pm

on AZ240 we made a few private subforums and limited access by "member groups"
Back to top Go down
Box tyler boX
Wheels And A Drop
Box tyler boX

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:21 pm

ok well i didnt know cuz ive never done anything with building forums
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:06 pm

I say go for it, but wait 2 months from now to get it up and running. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fireman
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:36 pm

can has 17+ so im not left out?
Back to top Go down
TokenblackGuy4U
Mr. DIY
TokenblackGuy4U

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Impulse wrote:

Hahaha

& fireman i did say 18 or even 16+. I just think there shoulda be a place where the older guys can just be themselfs. Its not me being rude or not wanting to deal with younger ppl, im not like that as you'd know. I just think well kids can be kids 24/7 yet adults need to watch themselfs at certain times and we should be able to have our own lil haven
Back to top Go down
Fireman
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:59 pm

TokenblackGuy4U wrote:
Impulse wrote:

Hahaha

& fireman i did say 18 or even 16+. I just think there shoulda be a place where the older guys can just be themselfs. Its not me being rude or not wanting to deal with younger ppl, im not like that as you'd know. I just think well kids can be kids 24/7 yet adults need to watch themselfs at certain times and we should be able to have our own lil haven
Most, if not all, people from FM3 were 16 or 17+.
And I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
TokenblackGuy4U
Mr. DIY
TokenblackGuy4U

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:07 am

Thats what i was getting at mate with my backwords kinda speach as Carlos would say lol

The selcet few that used the forums regularly, and kept the forums active, the ones that were constantly turning up for events that were run or entering photocomps (that was mainly me due to time differences couldnt always make events). but the dozen or so regulars were all of that age and up and it was really fun place to hang even though of the age gap was still there we were all of an older age so it was fine.

Sure there were still rules and we kept to them as any forums, but u could say basically anything & it was all good.

Perfect example, the DDOS attacks, the person that threatened what ever happened to him? He's still a member lol
Back to top Go down
Fireman
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:09 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
M1KE0

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:05 am

AMEN!!!! i like the idea of this!
Back to top Go down
TokenblackGuy4U
Mr. DIY
TokenblackGuy4U

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:19 am

I like the idea of you Mikeo... Just saying

But dont let meanie see that
Back to top Go down
NemesisHybrid
Wheels And A Drop
NemesisHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:15 am

I'll be honest, this is an excellent idea. However, I'd say to keep it 18+. While I understand a lot of people in the FM community are under the age of 18, there are still us older people that play the game, too. We need our own space to where we aren't stepping on the toes of the younger crowd and all.

Now I understand that I'm still a youngster at the ripe age of 21, but still. It wouldn't hurt for us older peeps to have our own "clubhouse" as it were. So I second this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1223387625
TokenblackGuy4U
Mr. DIY
TokenblackGuy4U

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:22 am

Im glad other ppl are actually seeing this for what it is & not just thinking Token just doesnt wanna deal with kids.

Im all for as many ppl as possible joining BnB & i'll happily play with ppl of all ages that enjoy the game the way i do too.

But as nemesis also said you also wanna have that place where they dont feel like they cant speak up without the older ppl chiming in and us older ppl dont wanna feel like we have to always be mindful of what we say all the time.

As for age, maybe it should be 18+ maybe it should be 16+. Hard to say really, Heaps of mature 16 year olds going around, and theres just asmany immature 18+ kids going round too, so its as much of a muchness really what the limit is
Back to top Go down
Fireman
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:59 am

llike me!
(mature)

Back to top Go down
FloridaDrifter
Wakaba
FloridaDrifter

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:02 am

This is a pretty good idea.. do it!!
Back to top Go down
Fizzy
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 am

I like the idea, even though I wouldn't be allowed in.
Would like to now how old people that now me a bit think I actually am though lol.
Back to top Go down
TokenblackGuy4U
Mr. DIY
TokenblackGuy4U

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:52 pm

You wouldnt be missing much Fizzy if it did come to happen, we'd still frequant the rest of the forums just asmuch (well i know i def would still). Just be like our own lil offtopic thread that we'd be able to ease the rules in alittle due to it being just an older audience. Well thats how id see it being anyways.

They'd still be obvious rules like any forum has, just that because it would only be for the older members we'd be outta harms way lol.

And personally Fizzy, ive played with you but im not sure if we've ever chatted or not. But dont think either you or anyone here for that matter that i or any of the older memebers have problems with any of you. Basically the reason i started this thread about having a section like proposed was. A few of us from the old BnB were talking while in a lobby the other night about how BnB used to be when it was basically just us floating around & keeping it going. We used to just goof off could have our fun while still playing and all that but it was around similarly minded and aged ppl. Now with the influx of ppl theres manily a younger audience around the forums and in lobby & it makes us well feel alittle uneasy about what can be said and cant around others if that makes sense.

BnB's about making do with what ya got, and making do with ya car till you can afford to upgrade and the social side of BnB also, hanging with likeminded ppl and having some fun. Even in the comps they just always ended up just being a laugh 90% of the time. Now with the age difference its gonna obviously change the tone abit.

I know it'll never be the same nowdays, but if we had that little section i think it'd be nice
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:12 pm

I say make it 16+
Or 17+ in 2 months Wink
Back to top Go down
NemesisHybrid
Wheels And A Drop
NemesisHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Token, while I agree with what you/re saying, I still stick to the firm belief of 18+. Having it as 16+ would sort of defeat the entire purpose of it. Now, I'm not hating on any of the younger guys, as I'm friends with most of you, but allowing y'all into what is suppose to be meant as an "adult's side" of the forums, well...as I said, it defeats the whole purpose.

That's just my $.02, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1223387625
XxDeLegendxX
Oil Changer

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:22 pm

I agree with what Nemesis saying. It really wouldn't make since to let 16-17 year olds coming into an adult section (Nothing against yall). But hey, it's my opinion, and I like the idea of the 18+ section.
Back to top Go down
Evan93
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:17 pm

I like that idea of the 18+ section i remeber the old bnb forums alittle edgier but with all the newer players coming in most are young
Back to top Go down
Fireman
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:09 pm

I was going to say whats the difference between 17 and 18, but after joining this party with other 17 year olds, I understand some aren't as mature as others.
Back to top Go down
TokenblackGuy4U
Mr. DIY
TokenblackGuy4U

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:55 pm

NemesisHybrid wrote:
Token, while I agree with what you/re saying, I still stick to the firm belief of 18+. Having it as 16+ would sort of defeat the entire purpose of it. Now, I'm not hating on any of the younger guys, as I'm friends with most of you, but allowing y'all into what is suppose to be meant as an "adult's side" of the forums, well...as I said, it defeats the whole purpose.

That's just my $.02, though. Smile

Your making a valid point mate. I do actaully agree with you now, & yeah fireman your right too. I have a 10yr old nephew that plays online & he's more mature then most gamers put together hehe. Its crazy how some ppl can contain themselfs but other, not a chance haha

Isnt it nice to come hear and make a topic and two days later it is still being talked about in a respectful and nice manner lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should BnB have an 18+ section?   Should BnB have an 18+ section? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should BnB have an 18+ section?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Built Not Bought :: Forza Classic :: Forza Hub :: Classic Hub :: Chat Lounge-
Jump to: