Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clinical's Jetta Thread

Go down 
+2
DB BeeDee
v clinical v
6 posters
AuthorMessage
v clinical v
Wakaba

Clinical's Jetta Thread Empty
PostSubject: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:57 am

Welcome To The Chronicles Of:

Clinical (Greg) and his Jetta!

Yes yes, welcome. Instead of continuously commenting on the real life cars thread I thought I'd just make a new one. So here we are! I'll update it every time I do something to the car, and hopefully have a bunch of pictures to go with.

First things first I guess:

What I bought:
1995 Volkswagen Jetta GLX
Features:
Rebuilt 2.9L VR6 engine
K&N filter
Autotech spark plug wires
8 speaker system, with custom fiberglass insert for the trunk, ready for an amp
Pioneer deck
17' BBS rims (one piece :/) on Sumitomo summers
Extra winters with steelies
Lowered on some coilovers... cant remember the brand right now haha

$4500

Kijiji ad pics:

Clinical's Jetta Thread 494965d_19
Clinical's Jetta Thread 0520e1i_19
Clinical's Jetta Thread 4291gni_19

Last edited by v clinical v on Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:14 am

UPDATE: May 20

Yesterday we started tearing apart the car to fix a whole bunch of really little things and see what kind of wiring we've got going on. While I was checking the speaker system, I noticed that the rear right door speakers weren't working. So I took off the door panels to see what was wrong. Then I remembered: back when we did the test drive with the guy we bought it from, we noted that the rear right window wouldn't go down. We asked why and he said, oh you could probably re-wire and it'll be fine.

So I thought I could see what was going on there while I took the door panels off. I found this:

Clinical's Jetta Thread Door

What you see there is a tire jack, holding up a plank of wood, holding up the window... Gotta love used cars. Anyways, that's not important now, but I'll get to fixing that.

Since we have a hole anyway, we bought a sub and an amp:

Clinical's Jetta Thread Subandamp

Sub fits awesome. Now we just gotta get it all wired up.

Bad news: I won't be able to work on it for a couple weekends Sad, my stepdad (car is at his house), is gone this weekend, and I'm gone the weekend after.

Oh, and dont worry all you ricers, some performance parts will be thrown in here eventually, but I like my music, so that came first
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:01 am

Ricers dont get performance Parts they get athstetic things to make their cars even uglier
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:14 am

like this Smile

Clinical's Jetta Thread Ricer_511_PakWheelscom
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:02 pm

You forgot each sticker adds 10hp
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:55 pm

and lights like this add a good 50hp

Clinical's Jetta Thread Imagees
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:26 am

A 2.9 VR6 ricer?
I don't get it, ricers are slow, mostly stock engines, the VR6 engine from Volkswagen is fast.
Something doesn't add up..

Anyway, liking the colour combo and the enige.
You can squeeze a lot of horses out of there!
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:34 am

lol no, that's not what I meant, this thing is already fast for sure, and the amp and sub I put in will be the only things slowing it down. Thanks, glad you like the enige :p

Last edited by v clinical v on Tue May 22, 2012 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:39 am

Lol, only just saw it. It's 2:37 here and I've been working on this damn app all day, don't blame me :P

Anyway, I'm still searching for a good MK1 Scirocco GT while I save up for an S2k.
They are NOWHERE!
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:42 am

Haha, s'all good.

Oh I know, I was looking for a Mk 1 or even 2 golf to clean up but the few I found were owned by people that obviously didn't like VW... When I found this for 4500 I had to go for it
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:50 am

There is an old advertisement scirrocco that has been abandoned (The company left the country I think) Has no engine all 4 tires are flat and its all rusty such a shame but still a VR6 Corrado is better Razz
Back to top Go down
xOneLimiTx
Wheels And A Drop
xOneLimiTx

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:21 am

Well I might do this. Just bought a '03 Mazda Protege 5. Picking it up in like 2 days, insurance and such.

How much were the subs? and are you making the box for it or getting it fabricated?
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:34 am

Sub was 120, haggled down to 100, amp was 250. I got really lucky with this one, the guy I bought the car from made a custom fiberglass insert that fits into the left side of the trunk, and already has a hole cut out for an amp.

Gratz on the car buy btw
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:37 am

blestbeedee wrote:
There is an old advertisement scirrocco that has been abandoned (The company left the country I think) Has no engine all 4 tires are flat and its all rusty such a shame but still a VR6 Corrado is better Razz

You kidding? Nothing beats a VR6 Corrado... if you have the money to get one to wherever you are, and for all the parts you'll be needing. We drove by one on the test drive and all of us, even the guy that was selling me the Jetta, were all like OOOOHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
xOneLimiTx
Wheels And A Drop
xOneLimiTx

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Lol. Yeah my bro and I were thinking of a V dub. But there's so many people in my school that have one.

Take pics when you finish the sub and amp.
Oh yeah what does the amps do anyways?
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:48 am

Just start a Vdub club at your school! :p

Yeah for sure, I'll take tons of pictures every time I work on the car, it's gonna be a while though :/

Amp is short for amplifier, and they do exactly that. They amplify the power that the battery puts out to power whatever you need.
Back to top Go down
xOneLimiTx
Wheels And A Drop
xOneLimiTx

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:21 am

Ok. So amps just increase batter output? Do you need it to power your subs or something. Cause I'm pretty sure my friend didn't use one when he hooked up his sub.
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:31 am

Doesn't an " Amp " amplify (Increase) the frequency of something .

It increase the power of a signal.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:59 am

am·pli·fi·er/ˈampləˌfīər/
Noun:
An electronic device for increasing the amplitude of electrical signals, used chiefly in sound reproduction.
A device of this kind combined with a loudspeaker, used to amplify musical instruments.
Back to top Go down
xOneLimiTx
Wheels And A Drop
xOneLimiTx

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Ok kinda makes sense now thanks guys. Would the quality change if you had an amp? Or no diff, cause its due to the speakers.
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Uhh... well if your sub is big enough, then you NEED an amp to power it, the bigger the sub, the more chance you'll need an amp, and eventually a bigger amp. If you don't use one... I've heard of peoples batteries literally melting. Sooo it's pretty much quality or nothing. If you get a crappy little 8' you might not even need an amp. If you get a better quality one, they require more power.

The amp itself wont change much for quality, like if your talking a Sony vs some other amp. But the wires do make a pretty big difference.

Just go ask at a place that has a lot of car sound stuff, like Visions if you have that, or Soundsurround, they'll give you everything you need. Oh, and always always barter, the guy was originally going to give the sub to me for 120, but i asked for 100, and he gave it to me for that.
Back to top Go down
xOneLimiTx
Wheels And A Drop
xOneLimiTx

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:55 am

Haha nice.
Thanks for the tips.
Try to make a thread this week for the protege. Got to clean the shit out of it.
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:19 am

Protege is my stepdads, he doesn't work on it, neither do I. Just go hunt some Mazduh forums or something
Back to top Go down
xOneLimiTx
Wheels And A Drop
xOneLimiTx

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:00 am

Yeah. Good idea. Ill just post pics for updates and such. Only bad thing is that it is an automatic. Sad
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:45 am

Just realized I might have given the wrong impression when I said the wires matter towards quality by brand. Not usually the case, unless you're buying a wiring kit on ebay for $2 from some shady company in China. The wires just have to have a big enough gauge to withstand the power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clinical's Jetta Thread   Clinical's Jetta Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clinical's Jetta Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Built Not Bought :: Forza Classic :: Forza Hub :: Classic Hub :: Off Topic-
Jump to: