Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage

Go down 
+11
Drags
MrTupas
xCalluumm
JiqSaw Bunqie
Falken HD
Cougar
APX maroman
TRK
Kru Jones
noremac258
Ilarnek
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
JiqSaw Bunqie
Mr. DIY
JiqSaw Bunqie

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 am

im thinking of tuning my nanywagon anyone up for tuning with me
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:46 am

Ilarnek wrote:
Anyone up for a canyon cruise this weekend (Red Rock)? If Ryan gets the diffs done for friday I should beable to atleast get the Evo running for it Smile

I'd be up for that, nice opportunity to get the BRZ out.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:16 am

Im down but probably not on saturday because im out at watching a rally stage from 8 am haha.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thinking of going from a Garrett GTX2860R into a GTX3076R, not sure if it'll work as a compound very well, would love to combine the 3076 with a supercharger for proper compounding like the old Delta S4 though I know little of superchargers.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:56 pm

The mist rolled around the canyon, pouring into the cracks and filling up any open spaces as best it could, the whirring of the air-con gave background noise to the old battered radio as the DJ played some Beatles and harked on about a possible storm front coming in. An orange BMW flashed at me and flew past the drive stuck his hand out and gave me the finger, I decided it was time to go home, so I stuck the E30 into first and pulled out nicely.

Driving down the road I thought about the past few days, me and Laura had been on and off dating the past few weeks but this week she stayed at mine most the week, when she walked in she chuckled at me and said in her deep southern drawl that the mess in my house was nothing and just showed how much I loved cars and motors, just like her.
It'd been fantastic her smile really made my day every time I saw it, a few days at mine we got talking about our loves of driving and cars, I told her about how I loved canyon driving and touge, eventually she twisted my arm into taking her for a run in the passenger seat of the E30. But boy was she distracting, in a comfortably tight checked shirt with the top buttons left loose and the sleeves rolled up due to the heat, loose fitting jeans and her hair left hanging down over her shoulders.

Whilst we drove back down the canyon I saw a familiar a red T/A, I gave Ryan a flash from behind and he waved back, I kept on his tail for abit in the bends letting the E30 dance gracefully as the radio played gently, Laura giggled the whole way down but burst out into a roar of laughter when Ryan floored it on the straight out of the canyon...damn that beast was quick and I loved it.

My thoughts came back when I saw a gaping hole in the guard rail of the canyon, specks of orange paint marked it, I slowed down and pulled over. Leaving the engine running I got out the car it's interior alarm bleeped gently telling me the lights were on as I left the door open. Peering over the edge I could see about 30ft down the orange BMW that blew past me earlier, it' smashed straight into a crop of trees I ran back to the car and got my phone.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Thinking of Dog-boxing the Evo this week, complete drivetrain overhaul including an Excedy Twin-plate clutch, not sure what to do with the driveshaft though :/ carbonfibre possible.

Or there's another choice, all the above but get together evo8 parts and install AYC as well :/
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:23 pm

I know a few people around Colorado that can build Custom doggers for 4G63's if you're interested?
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:22 pm

That'd be pretty sweet Callum, feel free to swing by the lockup, I got the Evo back this weekend after cage installation and a diet. Looks perrty Smile
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Will do, this build is sounding really nice man. Can't wait to see the finished product Smile
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 pm

might have ago at painting some vents, or something :/ could do with a nice Paintjob but no idea what.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:37 pm

havent updated my story in forever, your diffs are done. i just need to update lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Please do I finally got the car back, gonna try get it running next week Smile just need a drivetrain installed.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:01 am

ok, ill try to update by tomorrow morning
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:30 am

Smile No huge rush dude. Thanks again for doing them.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 pm

The coffee steamed gently into the brisk morning air, I stood outside the Cafe entrance and blew out warm smoke watching the world pass-by; business men, tourists, racers, mechanics, all people who wouldn't normally get on well passing each other with interment greetings and avoidance in the harsh morning chill.
My phone started vibrating in my coat pocket, pulling it out I flicked my smoke into the ashtray and headed back inside, sitting down I chatted for about half an hour, Callum had got me in contact with a custom transmission company outside Beaumont, we made arrangements for me to go up later that day.
I headed up the street and saw a couple of ricers scream down the street, I winced thinking about the crashed our BMW from a few days ago, I walked inside a small cramped shop and spoke to the cashier after about an hour I came out with a new job.

I'd spent the last few days installing the rebuilt diffs into the Evo, whilst the evo was being caged I'd checked over the replacement engine and made sure it ran, just need a transmission to install the engine with.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 pm

The guys that are making the transmission asked me to ask you how you want it built, also it should be done by sunday or saturday evening if theres nothing else to do.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Sweet, need a 6-speed dogbox I'm popping up tonight to see them about it. Really cool efficient guys, wonder if their taking on.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Alright sounds good. The shop owner should be giving you a tour round the premesis, its such a clean place. You might even get a demonstration of one of the boxes Wink
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Sweet. Just need the transmission before I can install the engine, then it's focusing on the replacement engine.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Laura slid through the hulking metal doors, her figure outlined by faint sunlight creeping through the cracks of the containers. Opening the yellow and black door she slid next to me her long black hair getting messed up as she fought the rollcage to get in.

Inhaling I chuckled, the container was nice and cool compared to the 20C degree heat outside, the desk fan ruffled the papers stacked up on the metal desk as it moved listlessly from side to side long shadows were thrown around the room. I fumbled in the dark till I felt cool metal in my hand and heard the slight jangle of a keyring, turning my hand the dashboard lit up most of the warning signs stayed on and the radio kicked in playing some upbeat country music, I ran through the lights and indicators before turning the battery off again.

Over the weekend a local aftermarket shop had fitted in and overhauled the complete drivetrain, Kaps dogbox, light weight driveshaft, bushes, clutch. It was ready finally, the guys had been happy to see the Evo in such good shape but made me promise one thing, I didn't drive her like a nanny.

'So, she's done now then?' Laura said with a slight chuckle as she smiled at me, she knew it wasn't far off, but it's only half the battle done now. I lent over and gave her a kiss on the cheek as I pulled out my phone, I dialled Louis number and I gave him the deal car was done, just need to install the basic engine and plumb it all up, is anyone from the garage free to come down and help me do it?

Last edited by Ilarnek on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Thinking of painting in the Evo, anyone got suggestions?
Was thinking metallic grey, black Konig rims, mostly black decals, but not sure if there should be some vinal wrap for colour if so what?

Fitted Ralliart metal parts to the sideskirt & Ralliart airintake channel this weekend, photos up soon.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Matte/Metallic White with carbon doors, some carbon-ish coloured decals on the side skirts and some dark grey TE37s or WedsSports?

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 Modp-1104-03-o%252B1999-mitsubishi-evolution-vi%252Bright-view
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 pm

So finally ordered some important parts for the performance 4G63 which is currently hanging off the engine lift borrowed from Cougar's place of work (again much thanks, hopefully you'll have it back by the end of the month).
Got a phone call this week of the smashed of BMW drivers insurance company, looks like I've got to appear in court to testify his reckless driving caused the accident he had fantastic.

Other news, the stock engine should be going into the Evo shell tomorrow evening so it'll atleast be running around the festival Smile

List of parts:

• AMS Fuel System

• AMS Dry Sump Oil System
  • AMS Oil Cooler Kit
  • Cusco Cooling Plate
  • Koyo Radiator
  • Silicon Piping - Blue
  • Braided Hoses
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:46 pm

So me and Louis dropped in the stock engine for the Evo last week, plumbed it all up and now we're running smooth Very Happy no longer a dead-chassis!

Ordering the new Cam's for the performance engine this week too, block will be finished next week finally!

Now question time:
Evo is currently a ghastly yellow, want to respray and suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:22 am

I stared at the little collection of brown cardboard boxes stacked on top of the old battered coffee table from my sofa, I was absorbed in it's deep and worn out cushions. I was bemused the boxes were pretty bland apart from one logo on each one: Cosworth, Ferrea, HKS, GSC, TOMEI and a Mitsubishi OEM logo. Putting the thin cigarette to my lips I picked up the A4 piece of paper again, a small sharp click was followed by a puff of smoke, the address was right, the name was hell all the parts were what I was going to order but I didn't know the card details used or have any idea recollection of ordering them.

A few minutes later Laura walked in as I stood staring out the window, coffee in my hand, at the BMW it looked sadder as each day passed. Laura walked over and gave me a hug, she was dressed in tight jeans and a loose checked shirt, after some conversation about work and the usual she noticed the boxes and exclaimed, excited that the parts she'd ordered for me had turned up, an early birthday present, very early.

So with that I turned to looking at the throttle intake and ignition parts of the engine, maybe something new for the BMW as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next