Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!

Go down 
+44
xARCTIKKAMOx
Wilson x
Falken HD
MosukeKodoSan
MichaelC
Kru Jones
Iron Chef BBQ
addiem0nster
Smooth
ExtremeTurboLag
Railplanner
Kenco
Fadam
Volkswagen Yo
Texas Chia
END Cody
Minty
B2BTuning
FabrezzioMarconi
Mooove
DFR DEVOS
GRT 458Italia
Milton
Crook
Rabbit10147
GrahamC216
PoL1c3
APX maroman
TSU ADAM
ratR0
Cougar
xCalluumm
NemesisHybrid
Yellomello
Hoonmob
juicydrift
Skyler
M1KE0
xOneLimiTx
Carlos 201
l iAlexxx l
Impulse
DB BeeDee
TRK
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Cool you know Dan? I know him back from my Miata days and when he was just getting started drifting his.

Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 Ic0lbU

The Sikky logo is that size from what I could see in all the photos (I have like 20 or something) I scaled it on the Forza car based on the location of the door handle and body line on the real car. There is an xdc contingency sponsor box that goes in front of it on the door which is why it looks like there is a blank there. I am doing the version of the car without it because I am already at 1k layers per side with all the decal outlining and such. I also had to use a different version of the Fuzion Graphics logo just to not run out of layers.
Back to top Go down
TSU ADAM
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Yeah I go to a lot of Clubloose events and he drifts there all the time. I've got a bunch of pictures of the car, but nothing close up. I wish he didn't do the whole 240.4.truck thing this year but I like the design he used.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:18 pm

haha. I like the look of the ghost flamed 240 better. Apparently he was building that truck for the past couple years on his own, keeping it a secret, then just gave it to Sikky since they hooked him up last year and let him drive the 240, he just had to pay for tires and gas (it was their car). The paint was a funny story, a shop next to Sikky did paintwork and Sikky gave them free reign to paint it how they wanted. It came back with green ghost flames. They didnt know what to think of it. Ghost flames on a drift car??? I thought it was pretty wild though.

I dont drift IRL, but I still keep in touch with him.
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 pm

retro hoonage wrote:
well I really like that it is a widebody that works with metallic paint. what is going on up by the washer nozzles? Or is that just a reflection issue with FM4, not the paint? The highlights around the gas door seem a little bright..and should there be one at the top? Again, could just be lighting or photo settings making it seem brighter. Sometimes you have to tweak them to get the rims appear white.

Its hard to find things to criticise, its pretty simple and clean so not a lot of things that could require correction
Yes it is the lighting I have a bunch of shading on the gas lid. Lighting sucks for kit painting.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:19 pm

wow your guys paint skills make mine look newbz Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:00 pm

First ever hood vent i made.
Not sure if i should keep it, got one on both sides. Opinions?
Will also start on fenders / widebody later and side vents later. Smile

Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 7747057440_73986d145d_z
Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 7747183262_dbab6a54d1_z
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Need a bird eye view to really be able to tell but it looks good from here.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:27 pm

yes its hard to tell. but from what I can see they might "fit" a little better if the inner edge was aligned with the body line on the hood.
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Take a top view picture of the hood lol
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Prob. need to set Transparency on some parts bit higher.
Tried to follow the old tutorial from MoM for Fm3
Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 GetPhoto
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:18 pm

That's a great start dude. Just like retro said though, make the edges of the vent follow the bodylines, like the hood for example.
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:54 pm

What exactly do you mean? The inner side of both fitting to the Hood lines?
If so, not sure if it would look good as its painted to be a bit higher than he hood itself.

Btw. Alex: Any tips for me for a widebody / fenders on the 350? I looked at MoMs Widebody Tutorial but i dont think it can really be applied here because the fender pretty much crosses through the bodyline.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:00 pm

what I meant was just make the inner parts of the vents parallel to the creases down the center of the hood. Don't put them right on the edge of the creases, but just align them so they are parallel.
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Mightve got it wrong, but I think what you want me to do is to rotate them a bit to make it fit parallel, right? ( I hope Smile )
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:09 pm

no, just adjust the inside of them.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:14 pm

what he said. I know its hard to describe with words, lol.
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Hmm.. that would mean changing the complete vent so the outside of the vent would fit again and stuff.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Shit happens.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:20 pm

sounds like you did the vents off the car, then stuck them on. im with you, I hate having to explode and re-adjust something once i stick it on the car, but it happens. pretty often. lol.

best thing is though, just adjust one of the vents, copy it to one side of the car and mirror to the other side of the car, cut that off and paste it back on the other side of the hood. job done.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:25 pm

retro ive posted on the shop thread.
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I think this is what you meant, but I cant really seem to get the shading done right now anymore.
Whole thing looks pretty damn weird now. (only right one changed)
Spoiler:

EDIT:

Started working on the fenders just a few minutes ago. (Left down side)
Any tips for the fenders appreciated.

Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 7748880188_fe49858b57_z
Back to top Go down
GrahamC216
BNBPD
GrahamC216

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Police extend the balck/fade to the lip from the body line on the bumper, give it more depth
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Hope I got you right.
Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 7749027074_90804643b8_z
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:47 pm

thats gonna look pretty sick, i should try a widebody for my frs
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks. Thinking that too.
If you want, I can send you the tutorial i used as help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!   Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got WiP? Post it here and get CnC!
Page 8 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next