Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado

Go down 
+14
Kru Jones
addiem0nster
xCalluumm
RyanHappyHands
Cougar
APX maroman
Texas Chia
Falken HD
Mooove
KrazyWolf
iTonehh
Iron Chef BBQ
TRK
ratR0
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado Empty
PostSubject: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:04 pm

GMC Vandura
B500
Street, Drift, and Rally usage
retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8582122987_2d7afd0204_z

Build List
Spoiler:

1986 Civic Si
B500
Spoiler:

Last edited by retro hoonage on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 pm

BANK ACCOUNT
Spoiler:
Balance - 40,350hcr

Last edited by retro hoonage on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 33 times in total
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 pm

So a few weeks ago I arrived in Colorado. I was supposed to be just visiting a friend for a little while, we went and saw some sights and spent a week backpacking. The day before I was supposed to fly home, I was torn, I really didn't want to leave. I spent the whole day stressing out about it. At the last minute, I called and cancelled my flight. I don't know what I was thinking, I never do stuff just on a whim like that, but the more I thought about it through the day, I didn't really have a whole lot going on back home. I guess if I change my mind, I can just catch another flight.

My friend had already taken too much time off work on account of my visit, and to be honest I felt like I was starting to take advantage of his hospitality. I needed to find a job and find a place to stay. He offered a ride with him to work, that way I could hit the streets on foot to look for a job. Carson seemed as good a place as any to look for a job.

On the second day looking for a job, I stopped at the post office to buy stamps. I know, right? Every time they ask me if I want to buy stamps, I always say no. I mean who buys stamps? I still had some matters to wrap up back home and buying stamps made sense, ok? Back off me, bro. Anyways, on the wall they had a flyer posted. I usually ignore that crap, its usually about buying stamps or something. But in big red letters it said "DRIVER WANTED"

That got my attention......
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:39 pm

So as the lady was ringing me up for the stamps, she asked "Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 300_2270082

Haha. Thats not what she meant. But I did ask her to tell me more about the flyer on the wall.

"The job is up in Beaumont, as a rural mail carrier. Its full time work with benefits."

LOL. Again. Not what she meant. You kids on the internet kill me.

"If you're interested, the regional postmaster should be stopping in shortly and she would be happy to tell you more about the job."

I thanked her and decided to wait around until the postmaster arrived.

About a half hour later she arrived, and invited me into her office to discuss the position. I'll spare you the details.

OMG..

After about an hour of talking, I was hired. I figured its a pretty sweet gig, I get to drive around all day, learn my way around Colorado, and have a steady paycheck. Not only that, I even got her to agree to allow me to use the Mail Truck outside of work, but only until I get on my feet and get myself a car. Employees are not usually allowed to drive the trucks home, but I knew their hands were tied, because right now someone is driving from Carson all the way out to Beaumont to deliver the mail.

I start first thing in the morning....
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:40 pm

They needed me to start immediately. I had to ask my friend for one last favor, to wake up an hour early and run me out to Beaumont before he headed into Carson for work. I wanted to make sure I got there on time, first day of a new job, I need to make a good impression.

When we got there, I could not believe what I was seeing. The mail truck. It wasnt some shitty station wagon looking thing powered by some ancient 4 cylinder. It was a Jeep. A Rubicon. Unbelievable. "There must be some mistake, my truck has to be parked around behind the building."

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8172671807_584c59f013_z

I walked inside, it was really early, so there was only one guy there sorting the mail.

"Hey man, I'm Matt, I'm the new driver."

"Hey Matt, I'm Parker, Parker Newton."

Dafuq kind of name is that?, I thought. "Seriously?"

"Yeah seriously!" He laughed. I am still pretty certain he was screwing with me.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8f995cc5cbc9124f0072d31a5a44f290

"Hey, thats a pretty nice Jeep outside, Parker. You must be a damn good employee for them to hook you up with one of those."

"Well, I am a damn good employee, but thats your Jeep. Get over here man, Ill show you how I sorted your mail and get you on the road..."
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Seems easy enough, might take me a few days to really learn the roads but they aren't that complicated. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of the scenery here in Colorado. I guess the roads can get pretty rough in some areas, and the winter weather can be unpredictably bad, so they use Jeeps out here.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8172700102_8bf15abf24_z

Later in the morning, on my route, this bad ass Mercedes blasted past me. I have never seen one of those in real life, must be some high rollers around here.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8172699500_62e32eebfd_z

Now for the past few days, I had been looking through the classifieds for a place to rent. I knew it was only going to be temporary, so it didn't have to be anything stellar, just cheap. I wanted to put away as much money as I could for a car at this point. One place caught my eye and I had arranged to go take a look at it during my lunch break. On paper it sounded good, or at least the $400/month rent did. In person....?

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8172669441_2b683d3cea_z

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado A.baa-Obama-Not-Bad

I think it will do for a few months. We agreed to a month by month lease since I didn't want to be tied down for a full year.

So for the second time in one day, I see another wild car. And I know this one is really really rare. It must be my lucky day. It sounded epic as it blasted past me and took off into the distance.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8172671267_00e04b3646_z

Headed home after I finished my route, I catch up to an old Datsun 240Z. What a great looking car. I followed it for a few miles, then a bright green Lamborghini blasted past us in the other direction.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8172701862_0e11e3ff39_z

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8172701340_d55a8831a6_z

There is something going on out here in Colorado. The car scene must be more active than I even realized. Ill have to keep an eye out, ask around, and see what I can find out. Maybe I can make some new friends that can help me find a car.....
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:31 am

Awesome, lol'd!
Back to top Go down
Iron Chef BBQ
Cut Springs

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 3:18 am

Is everything alright here postal employee hoonage???
Back to top Go down
iTonehh
Wheels And A Drop

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:25 am

If ever I get any parts for my car delivered, I'm gonna need that Jeep sent over so I can have some pictures of you delivering them. xD
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:18 am

Haha sounds great. I got the paint from the storefronts. Just search for jeep wrangler and "mail".

In fact send me a pm when you want to do that, I can see about tying it into my story as well.
Back to top Go down
iTonehh
Wheels And A Drop

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Alright, it'll probably be to deliver my bodykit. xD
Back to top Go down
KrazyWolf
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 2:46 pm

that is really epic man XD
Back to top Go down
Mooove
Mooove

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Are you looking for a roommate? I just got evicted from my apartment... For whatever the reason, the landlord does not appreciate my exhaust outide of his complex..

Ps. I know something about all these top end cars... wink. sexy wink. Naw, just kidding. Normal wink.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:05 pm

PM's Mooove.
Back to top Go down
Mooove
Mooove

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Might need you to send again if you can. My inbox was full... DIdnt even realize it.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 pm

haha, I actually just sent it. took me a minute to put it together while working.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 pm

I thought you couldnt pick up a pay check for horizon until next week?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:04 pm

they changed it since this morning Sad

we cud this morning but he removed for some reason
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:10 pm

oh really? guess I better give dat money back.
Back to top Go down
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 pm

or try and keep it a secret
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Smooth is watching me like a hawk. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mooove
Mooove

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Dude, you have a F'n dart in your neck.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Wait, what?

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 12823621572133
Back to top Go down
Mooove
Mooove

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 am

hahahaaaaaaaaaalol
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:02 pm

So the first week is going good. I'm getting used to my routes and learning the area pretty well. Today I stopped in at the Diner I found for breakfast and noticed they had this big banner posted up outside. "Horizon, Colorado 2012"

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8189685924_20319ec1ac_z

While eating breakfast, I asked the waitress what the banner was all about.

"Some kind of car show or something.." she replied.

"Any idea where I can find out more about it?" I asked.

"Sorry hun, I wish I knew more, but that type of stuff doesnt really interest me. The owner might know but he won't be in today..." she said as she turned and walked off.

Now that's what I'm talking about, it sure would explain all the really nice cars I have been seeing around. I hope I can find out where it is before I miss it.

I finished up my coffee and left some cash on the table for the bill, and stepped outside....

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8188609015_b3b9e2e6ed_z

Whoa, I must have missed that when I pulled in. I have to get a closer look...

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8189689236_21701a2f0b_z

That isn't even vinyl, its painted. The quality of work is incredible...Pennsylvania tags...This car is a long way from Pennsylvania...I wonder if its stolen???

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8188610091_1b759d4025_z

Maybe I better go....wait a second, there's someone in the car. Ah crap, he's getting out....

"Hey man, I'm sorry I was taking pictures of your car, its just, the paint work is incredible and...."

"What?" he said, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh damn, were you sleeping in there?"

"Yeah...no worries man the sun woke me up." He still looked half asleep, haha.

"So whats the deal? You're a long way from Pennsylvania..are you out here for the car show?"

"Well, Actually I moved out here a few weeks ago. I had an apartment lined up but I wasnt even there for a week before the landlord asked me to leave. Bastard said my 'exhaust was too loud'."

"You're kidding..."

"Nah man, why do you think I was sleeping in my car!"

"Look man, I just moved out here too, Im renting a house for dirt cheap a few miles up the road in Bunker. Its not pretty but I'm trying to save for a car.... Why don't you meet me up that way around 3 or 4, I should be back from work around then. Give me your number and I'll text you when I'm almost back....whats your name anyways?"

"People call me Mooove.

"Well nice meeting ya man, I'm Retro. I gotta hit the road but I'll hit you up later and we'll figure something out."

We exchanged numbers then he tried to kiss me goodbye and I punched him in the mouth.

Just kidding. I did get his number though.

He seems pretty legit. Would be cool to have a car guy as a roommate.

Alright, I am all over the map today. Had some deliveries out near the Dam. Had to deal with some traffic today.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8189686382_891a873cdd_z

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8189687988_ed7483938a_z

Blowing off some steam..
retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8188607293_8c2c7010c6_z

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8188607765_bba94b26d8_z

So, last delivery of the day, whats this...some HSD Coilovers...for an S2000. NICE.

I got to talking to the owner for a few minutes. What a clean car, its gonna ride like its on rails once he gets the suspension installed.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8187854927_ba2316c463_z

Right then I got a text from Mooove. He just got to Bunker. It sounds like Cougar's S2000 build is just getting started so I'll be back later I am sure. Homeward bound!

Took me about 20 minutes to get back home, I was about to text Mooove, then I see that he managed to find the only bar in town to hang out at.

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado 8188610565_65ab01a97d_z

Haha, I think this whole roommate thing will work out just fine....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: retro hoonage's adventures in colorado   retro hoonage's adventures in colorado I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

retro hoonage's adventures in colorado
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next