Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)

Go down 
+15
Kru Jones
MosukeKodoSan
APX maroman
MichaelC
Cougar
Falken HD
TRK
Iron Chef BBQ
ratR0
MrTupas
ExtremeTurboLag
Smooth
RyanHappyHands
JaySushi
addiem0nster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:55 am

Payday! Had a couple of these at work, so I decided to use my employee discount and brought one home. Good old Whiteline ARB.
[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8231050357_5ff8687f61

Also just bought these from a guy back in America for a steal! Brand new, never used! Bridgestone Potenza RE01R. :3
[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8231050129_b8c662757f

And with that, I'm broke again. But it was worth it!
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 pm

So Tomei let me know that my engine was ready, so if I didn't want to wait a week for it to arrive, I could trek down and pick it up myself. So, being the impatient git I am, I borrowed my work car and made the journey to Tsuruma to load it up.

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8232599551_3e4354713e_z

When I got there, I was in awe. If you haven't been and you're in Tokyo, YOU NEED TO GO. They give tours, and holy crap, is that place awesome. To get an idea, here's an account by Alexi from NoriYaro. But here's the important part - my freshly-rebuilt RB26!

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8233658984_937574b323_z

We loaded it up, I thanked the engineers for their hard work, and we were off. Before I left Tokyo, I stopped by an Autobacs and picked up a Greddy oil cooler and all the bits to go with it. I also picked up some dog gears for my five speed box and grabbed some lunch.

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8233675718_f9d194d3de

Got home and looked at my Silvia, up on supports with no wheels and the tired old SR out. I was gonna pull the trans apart, but by then I was beat, so I called it day.

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8232611239_841e069004

So I finally have all the parts I need to get her running again, but for now I need sleep. Thankfully I have the next few days off!
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:10 pm

With a Matsuri to attend in the morning, I cracked on with getting my Silvia ready. I enlisted the help of my mate Jiro and we got started on the transmission. We pulled it apart and I got to swapping out second and third for dog-toothed gears and an adjustable final drive. I wound it up to a 4.2 for plenty of torque in the low end.

While I reassembled the gearbox, Jiro finished the wire plumbing for the freshly-rebuilt RB. It was a sight to behold, the greasy old red valve cover replaced with Tomei's signature bright blue, the bottom end looking factory new, and knowing that inside were a set of forged pistons and a balanced forged crank. The rebuilt Garret turbos would be a great asset in fighting lag, as well. Tomei also installed their brilliant yet simple oil baffle plate, so I could dive into corners without worry of oil starvation.

We got it mated up to the trans and eased it in. By the time we had it bolted in and wired up, it was pushing 3AM. Jiro crashed at my place for the night, and of course I overslept and missed the first heat!

All in all, the car ran great, and it was an awesome day! Check out the followup here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't wait for the next one!
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

So it turns out I was named "Mr. Matsuri" over the weekend! A check soon followed with my winnings, and a few more purchases for the S13 soon followed that!

Went to Autobacs again, and walked out with a slightly-used pair of Cusco turret bars. I don't want to run a cage, at least not yet, so these go a long way towards getting the flex out of the car.

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8244555545_931eb90cc5_z

Before I left work, I grabbed a set of Hawk pads for the front and back. One of the cool things about working for a parts exporter as that we also import from other countries. My mates back in the US would always rave about how much punishment Hawk pads can take, so when I saw we had them in stock I had to grab a set.

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8244555719_f92ba0b5ff_z

I also decided to give DriftWorks a shot, and ordered their S13 braided brake lines.

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8245640172_a5d49de917_z

But most of my prize money went to this. A carbon driveshaft from ACPT. This should keep the revs up nicely through long sweepers. I've been having trouble keeping the tires spinning through third gear corners, but this should sort it out!

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8245646008_63982ec2ca_z
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Congratulations ;]
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Haha, thanks! It was a blast, I really hope we get more people next time!
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:25 pm

so youve got am s14 now i see
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Yeah, a local guy in Mixi (Japanese Facebook-thing) was selling it for a steal. The S13 is pretty much done, so now it's time to adopt a new project. I was going to wait a little longer and see what popped up, but like the S13, I just couldn't pass this up. X3
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 pm

lol your s13 was a quick build
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Haha, it's easy when you just focus the whole build on one aspect (suspension) and then for power, instead of dumping money in the stock engine, you drop in a monster and only add one or two things. XD

The S14 will probably take a bit longer, as I'm not 100% sure about how I want to approach the build.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 am

So, I figure now that I have a car that can be a daily again, I'm going to strip and cage the S13. We'll see how it plays out. Be nice to have a car that's all one color again - draws a lot less attention, if you know what I mean, haha.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:21 pm

S14 GRDA plans:

Swap over most everything from PS13
Strip interior
Stitch weld
Full cage
R33 front/Z32 rear calipers, Endless pads
Tomei cams
Straight-through shotgun exhaust
HKS pod filter/new AFM/intake pipe

Full-on competition car underway. All I need is money!!!

Now that I have the S14, the S13 is going to go back to being a more sedate missile. I'm going to need a new daily, AGAIN. Hahahahawhatthehellamidoing
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Swapped my 17inch CRkais with MichaelC for his 17in Technos:

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 8254800585_a2c93e5a16_z
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Going on the S13? They suit it so much.
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:12 pm

nah man thy look baws on s14s

but there are yours now so *sniff *sniff do what you want
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Haha, they're going on the 14. Mike sold me when I saw them on his!
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:20 pm

love compitition builds! theres alot of fab work left on mine :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Oh snap gurl!

Totally didn't see that coming haha. Nonetheless, I'm sure both cars are still gonna be cool.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:12 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, it was a sudden epiphany I had when I woke up this morning. One of those strokes of genius you get in the shower. You know, aside from that other kind of stroke you get in the shower. (IYKWIM)

Just imagine this is playing during a montage of me tearing both my cars apart. Imagine a sense of adversity as I struggle on my tight budget to get the S14 ready for the competition. OMG my BNB life is a total J-drama. XD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 pm

the S14 needs this.. it told me so
[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 IMG_0285
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Haha, not a drift car! If I were building a wangan special, I'd fully agree with you!
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:26 pm

what? drift cars dont deserve defusers? haha gotta show it some love! <3
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Fair play, but I've got something a little more raw in mind, haha. That, and aero stuff is on hold until I have the rest of the car up to spec!
Back to top Go down
MrTupas
Mr. DIY
MrTupas

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Idk...I think that look is too clean for Addie

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 189692_512807242071391_438386369_n

I jokez

Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Oh, Tupas, you know me so well... ^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)   [SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SpkD] Ad's haunted garage of Spookiness! (LOCK PLZ)
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next