Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage

Go down 
+11
Drags
MrTupas
xCalluumm
JiqSaw Bunqie
Falken HD
Cougar
APX maroman
TRK
Kru Jones
noremac258
Ilarnek
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:47 pm

No worries dude, no need to ask. Just get me in there haha. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Think you'll enjoy being part of it Wink
Btw, if we want to purchase stock parts (such as an engine for the new car as it comes without one) how much are they? .-.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Hmm, not sure on that one. I'd think free.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Think I'll end up visting the scrappy and cannibalising a few engines Razz
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 pm

I was standing outside the local cafe, late morning sun lighting up the street as Lewis pulled up in the shop truck, I stumped out the cigarette I'd been smoking and walked over shaking his hand as I smiled and said hello, we climbed in and set off on a short journey to a large scrapyard outside Carson, on the way Lewis told me about his new Cobra R and it had me itching to tell him about my new build but I waited till we got there, it'd been too long since I'd hung out with my bud's and got excited over something.

As we passed through the open chainlink gate it matched the fence with odd pieces of worn out and rusted corrugated metal bolted to it, Lewis looked at me and raised his eyebrow, 'Diamond in the rough mate, honest' I said smiling at him, I lent out the window and spoke to the woman who walked over to us, she was pretty... very pretty, slim built and jet black hair held back in a ponytail, she got me to sign off a piece of paper with my number on it 'It's all yours hun, hope you come back soon' she drawled in a deep southern accent as she winked at me. Lewis chuckled as I gave him directions to the pile number.

As the sun arched down past midday it caught off the red three point logo, and the VI in large lettering made me smile, I got out and started checking it over, Lewis sat in the truck watching as I pawed over the car lifting the bonnet my stomach dropped, no engine not a thing I knew the suspension was gone but was hoping for part of the engine to be about.

Together me and Lewis winched the carcass of the once legendary car onto the back of the truck, I smiled and without looking to Lewis I said 'Now I know how you felt about your Z when you got it', as he set about securing it I wondered off to the gate and spoke to the woman again, I came back and pointed at an engine poking out of a scrap pile together we pulled it out and stuck it on the back, just as we did I noticed another cannibalised engine and chucked it in the front with us.

I paid up and we set off to the lock'n'store where I'd be doing the majority of work, as we passed out the gate we waved 'Hey, see you soon' the woman said and smiled as she waved back, Lewis cracked my balls about her but hey I couldn't help myself, quickly the conversation turned to cars, he wanted to know my plans and we talked, we got to the lock'n'stock and got it all stored away quickly chucking a dust cover over it all and headed for a drink at my place.

'So a Evo VI' Lewis said as we stood on the balcony smoking and looking at the racers down the main stretch, 'Yeah, it was that or a 22, but this was in better shape'. We had a few and then Lewis had to leave so I thanked him for his help and just as I sat down my phone went off.

(thanks again Lewis)

Last edited by Ilarnek on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:15 am

Awesome read bro, mine will be updated tomorrow sometime.
I'm really liking the detail you're putting in. Props to you mate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:22 am

I try my best, though not happy if I only get a quick un-detailed entry in doesn't feel 'right' lol! Thanks for the help and sorry if its a long read Razz
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:23 am

No mate, don't feel bad about that. I don't want to do massive updates either. I would if I could but I don't want anyone to be bored haha.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:33 am

Long as you break it up nice and keep it interesting it should be okay, if mine get boring please say! haha.
Ahh so many ideas for the Evo, got to order in parts for the engine first lol!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Yeah man, if you want any help with the engine we have a few engine stands free at the garage I work at. I would happily help you work on it there if you want? Pretty sure Ryan will too.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Ah cheers fella Smile any chance I could loan one to keep down the lockup? Going to do as much as work down there on the engine and that, got the tools down there now just need the big stuff lol!

gonna spend the day stripping down one of the engines and laying out the parts, see what's missing so far.

Luckily enough found two 4G63's both in different stages of cannibalisation. No turbo on either though... any ideas for replacement turbo?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:28 pm

I can drop one off today if you want? I've got a little maintaince check on the Mustang first thing but I can bring one down on the flatbed if you want? We have like, 4 or something. Never using more than 2 at a time haha. We don't get many engine rebuilds in.

As for turbo, I know nothing about Evo's I'm sorry. My only guess would be a turbo from an Evo 8? Or are you thinking aftermarket turbo? If so see if a Garrett one will fit.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:35 pm

That'd be great, I'm down here till about 7pm I think stripping down the blocks.

Yeah was looking at the Garrett's purhaps a GTX2860R Rally spec, or one of the cossies if I can find one. not bothered about size as it looks like I'll have to rebuild a head and exhaust manifold anyway...yay...
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 pm

A cossie one would be awesome, it's just finding one first haha.
I'll head down after I've serviced my Mustang then, about 2pm cool?
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Yeah think I got a few cans laying about, bring down Ryan if you want show off the ride to him Wink I'm surprised just how good a condition the body work is, already got a front bumper and replacement spoiler on order to replace the missing front bumper and get rid of the huge rally wing.

Turbo lag I can get over with an ALS and possibly top mounted intercooler.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Yeah I'll give him a call.
Sound, I like the idea of an ALS.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:53 pm

(faux ALS in forza via exhaust and cam upgrade sadly :c)

Wonder if a twin-scroll turbo will fit on the evo 6..
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Hmm, not sure. Worth finding out though.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 pm

TO GOOGLE!
Hopefully have most this engine stripped by the time you come down.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Yeah dude, see you soon.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:54 pm

forza DEFF needs anti-lag

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 pm

^ You sir win alll the internets!
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 pm

The sun was just a orange glow on the horizon as I packed away the last set of spanners, smoke trailed out the open cargo container from the amount of smokes I'd gone through in the process of stripping down the first engine, who knew it'd be such tough work.

Alot had gone wrong, completely rusted head, half cannibalised and pretty well seized all around.

Here's the most interesting thing:
Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 Evo_new025
Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 Evo_new021
Looks like a piston has shattered in the block, left some pretty bad scoring, so a rebore and new set of pistons if the other engine isn't any better.

Lewis and Ryan popped down with a engine lift for me to borrow of the garage, it wasn't much to look at but they seemed happy to see the GSR getting much needed love and attention, we had a few beers and they headed off after giving me a hand breaking the bottom end apart as a few of the bolts had seized nicely.

I followed suit in the M3 and popped into Carson for some food, outside the cafe I saw a FR-S which looked nice abit flashy for my taste but still killer, after some brain racking I realisd it was the car of a new guy in the area who was looking for a place to stay so I left him the number of my apartments owner as there were few empty rooms.

Getting back to lockup I finished tagging and boxing the parts, alot was shot on this engine but the bottom was solid just had to hope the other engine was in better shape, I locked up the container and left the lockup as I reached my door the landlord came over, an aging block with a wasted beer belly full of lost dreams and told me someone mentioned me and asked if I could send photos of an apartment to him after giving me the number and letting me into the apartment I took a few snaps on my phone of each of the rooms and sent them over. It was a nice place bigger than mine though and alot cleaner.

With that I headed to bed, but not before checking over parts for the Evo.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:04 am

nice! hopefully the other motor is better, we can frankenstien the motors together
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 am

Hopefully Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next