Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

anyone build model cars??

Go down 
+13
Drags
MosukeKodoSan
86guy
Ilarnek
DB BeeDee
xCalluumm
l iAlexxx l
Konasumi
Cougar
MichaelC
addiem0nster
Falken HD
APX maroman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:37 pm

SFX Cougar wrote:
Hopefully my next model.

anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 Tamiya1-24ToyotaSoarer30GT

Might try some light modifications though. Is it easy/possible to lower a model car?

Cut the plastic spring in half Razz

Don't take my advice, I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:40 pm

I've just found a tutorial website, got a shit tonne of useful stuff on there.
And that is basically what you do haha, cut it and glue it back together. Razz
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 pm

its possable, not exactly easy. but time consuming and you have to be carefull. on some cars, all it takes is trim the springs/struts down, and dent teh control arms to work. others you have to basically rebuild the whole suspension. i wanna try something new next time i build a model (really hard to explain but itd be extremely hard to do)

its super easy to lower cars/trucks with leaf spring suspension, all you do is trim teh spring down/ flaten it out so the axle is closer to the frame, guys that build slammed trucks go as far as notch the frame, build custom 4 links, cut the bed ect.. its insane

errmehgerrrddd!!

anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 10137105
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 pm

Sounds like a plan, I might not do it on the Soarer then. Buy a cheap model first and practice on those. I suppose I could give it a go on the Aristo. But I don't want to fuck it up. Plus it's pretty low already.

And, that Skyline is boss! Might have to invest in one of those.
I'm feeling big JDM cars for the moment now haha.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Haha, I had a pre-order on the first version of that kit. They cancelled it because 1999 serves local customers first. I got an email saying the kits were available, and then I thought "Awesome, just gotta click confirm and..." and bam, they were sold out. Sent them an email and they were like, "Sorry, Japanese people first".

So basically, don't bother pre-ordering a kit if you aren't in Japan.

Also yeah, if you have the guts to starting cutting plastic, you can do literally anything to a model. I would suggest joining the forum I used to go to, spc.org.uk. Tell 'em Shimmer/Alice sent ya.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's a guy on there, Jimmy (CrewDawg), makes engines from scrap plastic. He's made some insane stuff, and has lived all over the world as a US Air Force crew chief and flight lead. I think he's currently back in Japan. We've done a lot of deals and have grown pretty close as friends. If you sign up, tell him hi for me!

Last edited by addiem0nster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm

i need to get my sil80 turned pickup posted on here.. i worked on it for 5 hours straight when i first got it lol.. its a curbside tho (no opending hood/engine)
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:03 am

Looks like I gotta practice, I'll do that for sure Addie! Very Happy

I need some cheap models to practice on. Just been reading on how to make an intercooler. Think I'm gonna give that a go sometime soon. My mum works in a school so I figure maybe they have styrene sheets?.. Do primary schools use that for art & crafts?! I don't know! No
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:08 am

not around here lol.. i still have this can of metallic purple paint im waiting to paint my S13 with Razz.

when i get some extra money ill pick up a few JDM kits. 4 door R32, and maybe
anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 10058494
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:12 am

Nice! Does it come with an SR?
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:19 am

yep!, teh R32 comes with a RB20 <3
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:22 am

Oh lawd. Swap them around, lol.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 am

i actually thought of a SR20 powered R32 as a real life project once teh skyline is old enough it doesnt need to have saftel, and emmisions done in teh US... lol..

the RB S13 sounds like sexyness Very Happy
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:20 am

I would love a naturally aspirated SR C33.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 am

my B18 i built a while back when i K20 swapped my brothers '92 civic coupe.. waiting on a differant project..
anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 33917_164618593554392_7523578_n

i wouldnt mind a N/A RB20 with ITB's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Konasumi
Cut Springs
Konasumi

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:44 am

Anyone know where I can purchase these kits?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Konasumi
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (thanks Addie for the link earlier in the thread)
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 4:54 am

I wish I had Yen^
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Can I order to the UK from that website, Addie?
Also signed up to SPC.org, just waiting on an admin to activate my account.

Checked my Aristo to see if I could fit an FMIC on there. I can't. Not enough room on the front. Are Aristo's even turbo charged?
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 6:09 pm

most are, my buddy bought a 2JZ-gte out of a astro for his GS400
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 6:12 pm

No room either way haha.
I didn't find out about that labouring job. The guy who I'm supposed to be working for got sent home early, too many people at work for the jobs that needed doing. So he didn't get chance to ask. Monday is when I hopefully find out.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Just saw a really nice EVO on there, can it ship to the UK and how detailed are the models? Like removable engines & moving parts?

Never really built models but would love to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:15 pm

basically opening hood is all, but some are pretty detailed, if your skilled you can make doors/trunks open, working suspension ect.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 pm

^ does want! Can you get parts like engines separate so you could swap them out?
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:00 pm

You don't need Yen to buy from 1999, haha. And yes, you can order in the UK. Use a website like XE to convert the currency if the website doesn't list your country's.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I used PayPal, but you can also just use credit or debit. They will automatically convert your money for you at no cost, so no worries. I've done a ton of business with them over the years, and the only negative remark I have about them is how preorders are pointless unless you live in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Fair enough, they convert to USD which is a rough guide price to be honest. will probably give it a shot in the summer when I get job income again currently living off my loan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone build model cars??   anyone build model cars?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone build model cars??
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next