Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB

Go down 
+24
DB BeeDee
MosukeKodoSan
PortableCorpse
camshlom
APX maroman
Smooth
RyanHappyHands
Volkswagen Yo
DIS Boppinz
ONI Synyster
Ilarnek
Kru Jones
Ennis
TXSCHMIDT
Brenwalsh
CivicEJ9
MichaelC
Impulse
Falken HD
AC x Stunner
Cougar
Drags
TRK
addiem0nster
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TRK
TRK

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:31 am

"Basically sell pre-built matsuri cars for cheap."

Bought not Built ;]
Just kidding.

This is what I was thinking:

TRK - Time Attack
Kru - Drag
addie - Matsuri/funtimes
retro - Auto X

That leaves drift, Touge and circuit racing, among others.
But let's discuss this somewhere else so this thread stays on topic, roight? ;]
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 am

Right, posting a thread now.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 am

I would love to help Kru with drag racing..I can hold my own with my tunes Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 am

I'll do my old photocomps again and I can help out with drag and drift.
Back to top Go down
ONI Synyster
Mr. DIY
ONI Synyster

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 am

Thought you were going to open a drag shop with him? My tunes turned out, literally, to be the total opposite of what they needed to be. So people could definitely use the help. Maybe have a shop for each discipline?
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 am

Yes, new thread ;]
Back to discussing moneywise and things you dislike/want improved.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 am

I'll have a talk with him and see if he wants me to help out...

Yes Impulse!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
DIS Boppinz
Wakaba
DIS Boppinz

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:35 am

I've known of BNB for years now, but have only been a member for a little over a week. I just never took the time to discover what this was all about until now. If nothing else, it's helped several members of my team (including me) find a new added reason to play Forza more. I even plan to become more involved in this particular community as soon as I can make a little more time. If anyone was around for the FM1 or FM2 days and like me, was a Forza noob back then, they will understand. Those days were the absolute best. I had almost forgotten what it was like when I was starting fresh, working my way up and trying to meet new friends in the community. I think a lot of us miss that newness, that starting out phase that's over way too fast. BNB I feel has almost brought that back for some of us.

My only hesitation is I'm almost starting to not feel so welcome due to this recent attitude I'm seeing from some of the more seasoned BNB members's posts here lately. It just so happens when several people from my team choose to join up. I get it, nothing good lasts forever and sometimes the smaller the community, the more tight-nit, focused, and close everyone usually is. I'm sorry if I somehow contributed to what is causing people to lose interest but at the same time, I'd like to ask you to consider not to leave. I think there's plenty of hours, days, and even years of fun left to be had here. I only wish to feel welcome and I would like DIS to become a big part of this grassroots community. We're not here to change they way you guy's do things, I believe we are here for the same reason that brought you all to this place.

In the beginning, some people are all about the fast, easy cash but as long as people are keeping in line with the official rules, I see no problem with this. The 8k lobby bonus is obviously not my only incentive to participate in BNB. I don't even plan to be in them everyday.

I have always looked at Forza with the thought of "if I could only own and drift one car like it was my personal car and I had to stick with that one, single ride that everyone would know me by, what would it be?" I plan to stick with that mindset and mostly just build and tweak my E36 and I'll just say that I'll be able to afford that E39 I really want one day... "when I grow up..." Wink

Sorry for the long post/rant.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 am

Hope I didn't come across as such - I am never against the idea of more people joining in. And my only worry is that people get the wrong idea of how BNB is...

We're in a slump right now, with a lot of us thinking we know everything and we all have the answers and if only they would listen to us and do it our way... but in truth we all just love this community, and we're all (well, some of us "older" guys) a part of what took it down a strange road to where we are now. I think we broke BNB, and we need to stick with it and sort it out.

Last edited by addiem0nster on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 am

Haha , I like you and ur team.
Back to top Go down
Ennis
Junkyard Junkie
Ennis

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 am

I live Dis , such a laugh Smile
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:46 am

How many members do we have? ~400 if I remember correctly....

How many ACTIVE members do we have? ~25.

That needs to change. I really feel if we could get more people involved in the "BnB" game again, I think we could have a nice area. It's fantastic to get away from the Mods of FM.net sometimes and just come here and chill. I have had my friday night missile drift lobbies for 3 weeks straight.... had 2 BnB members show up. Why? idk. So, I'll be running it one last time next week, if I can't get anyone, I'll probably just chat here. Pick up a paycheck here and there. Have so low class S chassis and going through cars left and right. Maybe do a lobby or 2, but really, atm, the matsuri is the only thing keeping me here. After that? Auto X is dumb (IMO) in FM. Drag, not my thing, and drifting I can do in any car. I just don't see the point in doing it all the time. Esp, what happen with my drop I did in the fall. Had the car I wanted and nothing really to spend money on. Now, I have a car I need to build for the matsuri. There is no end goal. Yeah, GRDA champ, but that's with a sponser-built car. In real life, "SAVE DANNY GEORGE 2013" is happening. The only miata last year to compete in FD and he can't find the money. Welp, sorry bro, didn't have the money to compete this year. Maybe next year. I understand you want everyone to be in it, but make people actually build a car and use it in smaller comps, (I'll probably run comps, but Idk with what money though) get sponsored by a company for doing good and showing up in these comps, then have a sponsored built car.

/rant. Probably went in circles because I've been up for ~20 hours. I'm going to bed.
Back to top Go down
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:08 am

The way I see it, I haven't involved myself in horizon very much, and in only a few weeks, I have over 20,000, and I've bought 2 cars in that time. I think I agree with the fact that too much money is going out. Don't get me wrong, I love getting money as much as the next guy, but when it takes me only a few days to get enough to afford a car+A class tune, somethings up. I have over 25 mil banked up in fm4, and it started to get boring. I've always enjoyed pacing, so I think it needs to be less money shelled out in everything. Just my way of looking at it. It be kinda cool if we had up keep too, like a makeshift rent, that way theres a small limit to how much you dish out. I have no idea how it would work, but i'd love to see that happen. Either way, im still having a lot of fun here.

and then I wrote a novel
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:48 am

Eventually the amount of money in BNB's economy would increase to a level we don't know what to do with. The biggest problem with BNB is that we got Forza Horizon instead of Forza 5 so therefore there was no need for a restart.

If everyone really wants to fix BNB we will have to redo pricing, weekly pay and money earnings. Then we will need to restart the system so everyone starts off on the same page instead of veteran members having tons of money. BNB is always a work in progress and I feel that with every day we are getting closer and closer to a bullet-proof system.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:49 am

then theres the guys that do BNB events, and actually EARN there money. the first 3 months i was on BNB i got maybe 3 lobby bonus's (back when they were small) and the rest ive earned, sure ive got a few small loans here and there but they've all been payed back the next week.

i know me, and some others have got to much time, money, effort, and passion in there garages to go back to grassroots, i have my 350hp car, and i got my 730 hp car. if i have to loose everything ive worked my ASS off for (ask Impulse, every BNB event we were killing ourselfs trying to beat eachother) im sorry, but im jumping n the train with Louis....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 am

APX maroman wrote:
then theres the guys that do BNB events, and actually EARN there money. the first 3 months i was on BNB i got maybe 3 lobby bonus's (back when they were small) and the rest ive earned, sure ive got a few small loans here and there but they've all been payed back the next week.

i know me, and some others have got to much time, money, effort, and passion in there garages to go back to grassroots, i have my 350hp car, and i got my 730 hp car. if i have to loose everything ive worked my ASS off for (ask Impulse, every BNB event we were killing ourselfs trying to beat eachother) im sorry, but im jumping n the train with Louis....

although I could never make these... +1
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:54 am

Everyone is talking about having a closer to grassroots feel but it will never happen if everyone has the amount of money they have now. I understand where you are coming from Maro but I'm just letting the community know that this is the only way.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:57 am

I'd be willing to not only toss my money, but i'll toss some of my cars if need be. I think people deserve their cars more than me, I just got them through good deals and payday.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:01 am

I wouldn't want to toss my cars because I agree with Maro, but I guess we'd have to redo the pricing and stuff to make it a better feel. It may not look like I've earned my stuff, but I have just like everyone else. I'm just that much more disciplined when it comes to saving money, be it a video game or real life.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:02 am

i understand, i actually didnt see your comment till after i posted. but thats the most honest answer i can think of, i joined last August (ish) and since day 1 ive tryed my best to particapate, for the past 3 months my xbox broke so i lived payday to payday but that wasnt what i wanted. now with work im on xbox Maybe 3-4hrs a day now.

when i first joined i blew almpost al my $25k starting money on a FRS, and for 3 weeks i had a blast drifting it stock and it only got better with upgrades. here i am like 6 months later and i got something that shows my hard work payed off.. im not loosing all that just because some people have car(s) worth upwords of $100k+

im done ranting before people get pissed at me.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:07 am

Nobody is getting pissed at you, you're just like me in terms of saving money and being careful with what you spend it on. I built up my cars one by one, little by little. Then I sold the R34 for $160,000 and used that and continued to save up until about $260,000. I then gave away over $80,000 just because I didn't need it and used the rest of the money to build up my four current cars and buy an amazing grassroots FD3S.

Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:27 am

yeah but youll never know.

just the thought of all this work being deleted makes me sick to my stomach.

i feel BNB has forfilled its purpose of FEELING realistic, its made me enjoy forza alot more and if it wasnt for BNB, id never would have meet such awesome people. im serious, because of meeting cool people, my drifting has got better, my knowlage of car building and tuning is better, and i hang out with some of the most chill, crowd i ever drifted with on forza.

back to BNB:

i love it here, its my 2nd home and al you guys are like family, a huge, multi national disfunctional happy family. but all this beckering about money and the essense of grassroots being gone, what happens to REAL life grassroots cars? they get crashed, blown up, rebuilt stronger and more powerfull till there all but a full spec comp car, it just takes time
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:40 am

Prime example, Matt Powers' S14. At first it had a turbo KA with 600+ HP, then he put an LS, then he improved the LS, and now it's a 7.6L Katech Performance LSX(iirc).
Back to top Go down
camshlom
Oil Changer
camshlom

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:01 am

I had an idea about the lobby bonus were instead of getting paid for the specific amount of people you would get a set amount for a bracket of people.

So like,
2-5 people would be like 1500, 6-10 3k and 11-16 6k

Would make people more inclined to participate rather than just getting as many people as possible for half the lobby then bailing.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
addiem0nster
Junkyard Junkie
addiem0nster

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:02 am

Alright, this is my latest idea. I'm totally with Maro in that deleting your hard earned cars sucks, especially in his case after being Xbox-less for so long. To finally get them back and then have to give them up is righteously unfair.

So I propose this:

Let it stay as it is for another week or so.

Paydays: 1500
Comp payouts: 3000 grand prize, etc
And for matsuris do things like parts giveaways for walltap comp winners, etc.

No one has to give up anything, and with so many new people joining literally every day, things WILL balance out, if we give it time. We broke BNB over a span of months, we can't expect to fix it overnight.

Those of us with lakes of money that are willing (Impulse, myself, etc) can back events with rad cars and parts and prize money to get the events up to par with the lobbies. I'll run 350HP drift comps and such and start my beater car dealership. I already have some cars and the cash to do so.

No one here should have to give it all up to please a bunch of unhappy people. No one here should be punished. But I think we have enough people here that want this to work that we don't have to act like BNB is in the gutter and can't be fixed without a flip of the reset switch.

Whaddya say, guys?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next