Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

sexbox repair

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

sexbox repair Empty
PostSubject: sexbox repair   sexbox repair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 pm

since when did it become so easy to get dvd keys and the likes!!
my second 360 is a glorified media center due to disc read + and jammed tray issues (and that i couldnt be arsed to fix it again lol)
so i had it apart today to have a look see, after juggling parts i've narrowed it down to a problem dvd drive motor (i'm never that lucky) or a main board past its prime.
so a replacement is in order, meaning a reflashed dvd key (i was thinking of ordering one flashed for me)
then i used a little known search engine called google, forgive me if i've misspelled it as i'm unfamiliar
joking aside, i thought retrieving dvd keys and re-flashing them was a ball ache but apparently you can do pretty much anything to an xbox with a long enough sata cable.... when did this happen?
and i feel guilty as several of my friends have bought new xbox's when i told them i could not replace a broken dvd 'sisterboard' and they'd have to pay actual moniez to strangers on the tinterlawebz
Back to top Go down
Wanted
Wheels And A Drop
Wanted

sexbox repair Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexbox repair   sexbox repair I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:10 am

You don't have to flash another disk drive, you just have to swap the boards in them. I've done this before and the nothing has happened to the drive yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

sexbox repair Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexbox repair   sexbox repair I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:33 am

the board is the problem Razz
Back to top Go down
Wanted
Wheels And A Drop
Wanted

sexbox repair Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexbox repair   sexbox repair I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 am

What's it doing?
Back to top Go down
FuBaRWales
Wakaba

sexbox repair Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexbox repair   sexbox repair I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:49 am

If the board in the drive is nackered you will need to flash a new board to get it working.

I broke my tray by hitting my box in a rage denting the drive in lol so mine was a simple fix....order new drive same model take the new board off attach my old board plug and play.

In short don't hit your Xbox lmao

yeh there simple to fix man I was thinking of throwing my old Xbox into a water colled PC tower.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

sexbox repair Empty
PostSubject: Re: sexbox repair   sexbox repair I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Xbox restarts after you close the draw, having watched it while its apart, everything works until it should spin the disc and read it, so only 2 possible culprits and I'm never lucky enough for the easy fix haha
And 4 other dead xboxes for spares and not one is lite on which has a specific 4 pin ribbon connector on the motor

A buddies just got a new heat gun so I might fiddle with the E74'd box and fit it in my van lol
Back to top Go down

sexbox repair
Page 1 of 1