Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?

Go down 
+7
APX maroman
RyanHappyHands
DIS OldManTiger
Drags
Conan
MichaelC
Old King
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which car iyho do you think I should/could run?
Mitsubishi 3000GTO RWD
Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_vote_lcap25%Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Subaru BR-Z
Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_vote_lcap33%Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Celica GT-Four RWD
Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_vote_lcap25%Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
2011 Subaru WRX Coupe RWD
Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_vote_lcap17%Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Old King
Mr. DIY
Old King

Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? Empty
PostSubject: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:06 am

Been contemplating what car to get, since my mate got one of his racing licenses recently and is looking to get his RB-powered 180SX into FD next year. I know whatever it is I wanna run an RB26DETT through it and add some epic spacers. Me and my bro were going to split the finance payments on a BR-Z but I'm just not feeling it if it's going to be more than just our daily driver. Also they're a dime a dozen in the drift scene. I thought the Genesis too but RMR already owns that turf. I saw an epic (sort of) wide body kit for the 3000GT / GTO that I think would be sick for FD with some decent semi-deep dish rims and either a 2J or RB. They're also dirt cheap to pick up used, 3k is definitely something I can be able to manage and no f*cks will be given about former engine's mileage obvi haha. The only boundaries with AWD cars is cutting the back of the bay to fit the longitudinally-mounted larger engines and making room for the transmission. There's a 90's Celica I also had my eyes on, my friend even picked one up for 600 and aside from the now missing muffler haha it works pretty good. Not sure if a 2J would fit but that's a car I wouldn't mind drifting, it has curves, it's responsive and pretty light, again - cheap pre-owned. I wish I could use an 05' GTS Celica but sadly they don't come in AWD or RWD models anywhere in the world stock so they aren't allowed. :'(
Or do any of you guys know any other budget cars that would make unique, unseen cool projects for pro-am drifting?
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 am

chevy s10 pickup

just ask maroman
Back to top Go down
Conan
Wheels And A Drop
Conan

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 am

Foxbody stang or the BRZ
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:11 am

3000GT just because I own one IRL.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/TunerAddictions
Old King
Mr. DIY
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:30 am

Dragz wrote:
3000GT just because I own one IRL.
I freakin' love you man! That's sick. :3

And yeah I'm really trying to avoid looking like a sellout driving a sellout car like the GT86... Idunno. To me, getting an overplayed car seems more like CNB than BNB. (Copied, Not Bought ;p).
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:42 am

Because S10

Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:43 am

I wish you could swap the 3000GT to RWD in Forza 4, Thats all I would drive
Back to top Go down
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:59 am

1JZ Ke70 DX wagon. Yep
Back to top Go down
Old King
Mr. DIY
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:08 am

Dragz wrote:
I wish you could swap the 3000GT to RWD in Forza 4, Thats all I would drive
Just buy the Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo, it's the USDM version of the same exact chassis. (RWD capable)
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:09 am

eh? I don't like the Dodge Stealth, It's like having a Mustang with a V8 and a Mustang with a V6.

Back to top Go down
Old King
Mr. DIY
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:10 am

And LOL, but they allow pick ups in FD?! affraid
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:10 am

MichaelC wrote:
chevy s10 pickup

just ask maroman
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:12 am

Old King wrote:
And LOL, but they allow pick ups in FD?! affraid
yep. they allow pickups in every other sport/drift series
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 am

I love that vid haha
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 am

i love that truck!!
Back to top Go down
PortableCorpse
Mr. DIY
PortableCorpse

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:40 am

My advice? Get a hold of the current rule book and read through it. Eliminate options that aren't allowed, or would require modifications that aren't allowed.

Trucks and SUVs aren't allowed, according to the copy I have.

2013 Formula D Pro Technical Regulations 01/23/13
^link to pdf
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:42 am

they allow 1000+hp but no small pickups.. im cunfused
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 am

Ryan, move to Canada. They allow pickup drifting
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:47 am

im moving to japan, they drift stock rams!!! l.ol.. JK canada will do
Back to top Go down
PortableCorpse
Mr. DIY
PortableCorpse

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:57 am

It's obviously because they hate 'Murica.
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:25 am

Just built a dodge stealth on Forza 4 king, it's not half bad, but I still see it as a poser kind of car.
Back to top Go down
Old King
Mr. DIY
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:45 am

We have the same rulebook dude haha. That's how I found out why the Scion tC was allowed. Anyway Dragz that was one of my BNB cars remember? I hated it though, it takes too much money to get any results out of it. But irl that's another story. I still think a 3000GT with an RB and a RWD longitudinal conversion might be the coolest, most fun bet. Especially since those cars are really cheap pre-owned.
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:51 am

The VR4's where I live aren't cheap. You could buy 4 drift ready 240's instead of a VR4 here.

Too bad I have the Base model lol
Back to top Go down
Old King
Mr. DIY
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 am

Come to think of it I've never really seen an Audi TT Quattro in FD. YOLO. xP
I kind of want one just b/c the DTM versions looks hella sexy and it's original... now to just find a way to make ten grand in cash. :3

Also I can't finance a BR-Z Because then if I use it for FD it will clusterfuck the insurance and then I won't have a daily anymore...
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:00 am

Do the BNB events that are up right now, and just try your hardest to place
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?   Formula Drift: Which Car to Build? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formula Drift: Which Car to Build?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next