Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!

Go down 
+8
v clinical v
DB BeeDee
Impulse
TRK
NemesisHybrid
xCalluumm
Fail
Smooth
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! Empty
PostSubject: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:58 am

Okay so now that I have a lot of input from the community and what I missed out on its time to do something about it!

First step of the reconstruction of BNB is thinking of new forum topics and recruiting moderators for each section of the forums. We will also have super moderators to look over the "mini-mods". Throw out ideas for new forum sections, for example...

Topic: Mutimedia
Description: Photos/Videos and anything pixel of your BNB cars!

Get your ideas in and if you want to be a mini-mod of a current or future section on the forums let me know here too!!!

BNB was always about the community and till this day this organization is still running because of YOU so put in your input!

Last edited by Smooth on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Fail
Wheels And A Drop
Fail

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 am

I would like to apply to be a mod.

Some ideas:

Topic: Competitions
Description: Tournaments are held here.
And the competitions will be ran by BNB mods/admins and only mods/admins can post in the section and hold tournaments, instead of letting anybody hold their own tournament.
If someone wants to hold their own then they can post it in the Parking Lot/Meet Section.

The new Time Trial that people are enjoying should be under a different section such as in the Time Attack Section if made on the forums and under that section people can talk about their tunes, cars, and builds. And this can be done for all the sections.

Split up the sections for the newer styles that have been added to BNB.

Drift Section
Race Section
Time Attack Section
Drag Section
And etc...

Those are just some ideas, if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 am

Fail wrote:
I would like to apply to be a mod.

Some ideas:

Topic: Competitions
Description: Tournaments are held here.
And the competitions will be ran by BNB mods/admins and only mods/admins can post in the section and hold tournaments, instead of letting anybody hold their own tournament.
If someone wants to hold their own then they can post it in the Parking Lot/Meet Section.

The new Time Trial that people are enjoying should be under a different section such as in the Time Attack Section if made on the forums and under that section people can talk about their tunes, cars, and builds. And this can be done for all the sections.

Split up the sections for the newer styles that have been added to BNB.

Drift Section
Race Section
Time Attack Section
Drag Section
And etc...

Those are just some ideas, if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Thanks!
This.
Back to top Go down
NemesisHybrid
Wheels And A Drop
NemesisHybrid

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:04 pm

I would really like to be a mod for the Multimedia section. Everyone that knows me knows that pictures are my passion, and I've love to be the one to oversee the whole section and to be the one to put the events together for said section. But that's just my $.02. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1223387625
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:17 pm

I would love to moderate the Time-Trials and perhaps even some races as well.
Thus I really want to make a racing section.

A pretty important thing I'd like to see changed is the fact that we cant get rid of cars once we've built them.
Let's say you've dropped 70 or more thousand in a ride and want to sell it,
You cannot because no one is willing to pay a lot for a built car.
This IS BNB, after all.

I'd love to see that we're able to sell cars back to the system.
Perhaps even make a database of used cars as well.

Let's take my 2011 STi as example.
It's a pre-order car so not many people can buy it,
I dropped 80k in it but I want to sell it for 50.
No one will buy this because it's expensive and rare.

Let's say I sell it back to the system for 40k,
The person that runs the used cars will strip it and put the used parts and the car for sale.
This way we'll have a huge database where newer members can choose higher priced cars for less,
Older members can get rid of these cars.

Thank you for this opportunity Smooth, good to see you're still here!
Back to top Go down
NemesisHybrid
Wheels And A Drop
NemesisHybrid

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:26 pm

I agree with Tim on this one, too. I too have a car that I am wanting to sell, but cannot. I have a Challenger SRT8 that has $80,000 put into it all together, and it is impossible to sell. I think we ought to be able to sell the car back to whatever entity is chosen for half of what we have into it. Take the Challenger for example. I'm wanting to get rid of it for $50,000, but will take $40,000. By taking at least $40,000 for it, I can at least take back what I originally spent on the car.

So yes, I think a "Used Auto Sales" system should be started up. However, I do believe that two people ought to have to run that division, but again, that's just my $.02.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:32 pm

How about we shake hands on that, Taylor.
IF this gets implemented, that is.
Back to top Go down
NemesisHybrid
Wheels And A Drop
NemesisHybrid

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Consider them shaken, dude. I'd love to step up and a lend a hand in the implementation of that.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm

TRK wrote:
I would love to moderate the Time-Trials and perhaps even some races as well.
Thus I really want to make a racing section.

A pretty important thing I'd like to see changed is the fact that we cant get rid of cars once we've built them.
Let's say you've dropped 70 or more thousand in a ride and want to sell it,
You cannot because no one is willing to pay a lot for a built car.
This IS BNB, after all.

I'd love to see that we're able to sell cars back to the system.
Perhaps even make a database of used cars as well.

Let's take my 2011 STi as example.
It's a pre-order car so not many people can buy it,
I dropped 80k in it but I want to sell it for 50.
No one will buy this because it's expensive and rare.

Let's say I sell it back to the system for 40k,
The person that runs the used cars will strip it and put the used parts and the car for sale.
This way we'll have a huge database where newer members can choose higher priced cars for less,
Older members can get rid of these cars.

Thank you for this opportunity Smooth, good to see you're still here!
I really would like this idea to work because im deciding whether to sell my S13 which has had $45K put into it.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:58 pm

What if we made a database where you sell your car back to the game for cheap and then we auction them like people would in real life. Im in a rush atm to get to work but keep the ideas rolling, its good to see the community still going strong.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Fail
Wheels And A Drop
Fail

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Smooth wrote:
What if we made a database where you sell your car back to the game for cheap and then we auction them like people would in real life. Im in a rush atm to get to work but keep the ideas rolling, its good to see the community still going strong.

I like this idea! Thanks Nem and TRK for presenting the ideas. +1
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Auction is a nice addition to the idea.
However, this could mean some cars don't get sold. What about those?

My input would be a monthly auction, also noted in the beginners section.
Or even once every two months, gives people time to spare some coins.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Ok, what about when you go to auction the car but other people who are NOT BNB members bid on it and you end up making 150k on it? What happens then?
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Nem, I have no idea how that would work because I run the photocomps for BNB. I guess I'd have to step down from that if this goes through.
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:24 pm

@Impulse I think he means have a BNB auction on the site
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Oh okay, I guess I mixed the two up then. My bad. Wink
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:31 pm

The auctions are ran on BNB, in a thread. Not on XBL.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:34 pm

I got it now...
Back to top Go down
NemesisHybrid
Wheels And A Drop
NemesisHybrid

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:43 pm

If that's the case Impulse, then disregard my interest as a mod, Smooth. I'll take my interests else where.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:48 pm

I said I'd be willing to step down from those man. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
NemesisHybrid
Wheels And A Drop
NemesisHybrid

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Nah, you keep on keeping on. I'll take my interests to a different section of the forums/community.

Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:04 pm

I don't want to.
Back to top Go down
NemesisHybrid
Wheels And A Drop
NemesisHybrid

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Then you wouldn't had initially said what you said to me. It's fine dude, seriously. I'll find some place else. Smile
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:11 pm

I just said it because it was true. I did NOT say that you wouldn't be able to do it either. You can mod the section and run the comps and stuff, but when you're not running one then that's when I'l run one. Either we take turns hosting comps and stuff or I'll step down and just watch the payday threads and whatnot. I don't care. It's a video game forum.
Back to top Go down
v clinical v
Wakaba

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:16 am

I don't mean to speak between you two, but I've got an idea

I PM'd Smooth this idea a while ago but I guess that was during his absence, and now that we seem to be doing something I figured I'd tell y'all.

I used to be a part of another forum that had a position called a Journalist. He was a part of the staff of the forum, but not really a mod per se. He just wrote re-caps of events that had happened, wrote new threads about events, did "user of the week" type interviews etc. The only privileges he had were posting to a staff-only "announcements" thread, and a direct feed of information from the mods, so he could know what to talk about and such.

I don't think this kind of position could be used now, but in the future, when mods have more to do, this could help. The mods can just say to the Journalist, "create this event with these rules" and the journalist does the rest.

Oh, and since I'm talking about it, I'd be delighted to offer up my writing abilities to such a position Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!   BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BNB Revamped : Looking For Moderators!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next