Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alright, Help me out here.

Go down 
+13
ratR0
l iAlexxx l
GrahamC216
PoL1c3
AcatINaBEARsuit
Fail
TRK
DB BeeDee
xCalluumm
Cougar
Hoonmob
M1KE0
Impulse
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:09 pm

That's a good one too, like someone giving you a street oil & cooling for you painting their car with a livery or something.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:10 pm

@retro, I'm sure there will be other members that want to make a shop with you ;]

Even more so when they see this idea. HIHI
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 pm

This is coming along nicely! Let's keep adding! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Just grab my list and add it to the thread Impulse ;]
I'll go grab some grub and think of another thing.
Back to top Go down
JiqSaw Bunqie
Mr. DIY
JiqSaw Bunqie

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:14 pm

id join a build shop i make graphics and drift >: D no personal tunes ill just of the costumer let them tell me whats wrong so if any one wants a spare guy on a pit crew add me on xbox Smile JiqSaw Bunqie
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:32 pm

As far as shop pricing. Say for decals.
I was thinking of selling my personally made decals on here. This is just how I was going to do it.

Basically the pricing structure exactly the same as BNB, but then the customers just pay me for the decal use instead of just taking $$ out of their Account. Then I gift them the decal groups they want.

Kind of like the honor system in a way. If they take them off or use them again in the future on a different car, if they want to notify me and tell me to add some $$ to my account, cool, if not, I don't really care. But they will be paying for them anyways per the BNB cost of decals. So if they remember to notify me to take their money instead of throwing it away, cool.

Im cool with sharing unlocked decals that I have made because I don't really care if someone "steals" them and puts it on their storefront or whatever. Good luck with that. I'd rather others be able to see how I put mine together and maybe learn something. or wonder wtf I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:33 pm

That and people who "steal" are total dimwits anyway.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Personally, I'd rather keep the pricing the way it is. But there are other members here too; let's hear their voices.
Back to top Go down
JiqSaw Bunqie
Mr. DIY
JiqSaw Bunqie

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:42 pm

for certain shops depending how know they are they might have discounts and others may be full price due to it bing the most wantd part for some that are under selling and need to get out the garage they put it on sale
Back to top Go down
M1KE0

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:17 am

Alright i guess Ill have to get two guys on my shop:)
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 am

Dang I didn't mean for my 3 member suggestion to adversely affect the original shops. Maybe there can be a grandfather clause for shops opened before 7/27? But collaboration and teamwork is cool too.

Last edited by retro hoonage on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:00 am

i would make my own shop but i dont like being in charge though. would anyone want to add me to their shop if struggling for members?
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:38 am

Moar Ideas for Shops. Someone tell me if I am over-thinking this. Or if you think it would be too complicated to implement or too easy to abuse the privilege, or disrupt the BNB economy.

Discounts on new parts for shop members for personal vehicles. Like 20% off or something. OR use lower tier pricing (D Class pricing for a C class car)

Possibly could have the ability to offer package deals on parts to customers? Like a certain percentage off the BNB prices as listed, Say 20% off max, IF someone agrees to buy a handful of parts all at once. You could sell things as a package deal, like a tuning or paint and decal package. OR use the lower tier pricing for some items in package deals would probably be easier than breaking out your calculator.

Sponsorship - Ability to sponsor drivers outside the shop, Case by case basis agreements between Shop and Driver to offer discounted prices to the Driver on Shop services, in exchange for running shop decals on their car. just small, like a max of 10% off or something. Maybe more if they run a full shop livery or something.

I am just thinking out loud here, and just throwing out the ideas for discussion. I think ability to discount with lower tier pricing on stuff would be easier than a % limit. Plus the sticking with the Class Pricing is easy, look at the spreadsheet, and wouldnt affect the used market at all I dont think.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:42 am

Good one, we already have a couple of members who have the Garage K logo on their car.
10% off seems nice for them!

Also, I agree on the discount stuff, but only for shop cars.
Otherwise members will be setting up shops just to get the discount for their own cars, which is not why we make shops.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:54 am

True. Guess I will have to get me a shop car soon. Wait....Guess I need to get moar members for my shop, or join up with another shop. I am still not decided on what I want to do about that yet.

Or I guess I will have to patronize other shops to get discounts. Which is what we want to encourage I think, Discounts would really encourage "business"
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 pm

I agree.
The more business there is, the better :]
Back to top Go down
xxx HlPPY xxx
Cut Springs
xxx HlPPY xxx

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:47 pm

we gona have a shop thread as well or we using the garages?
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:58 pm

I think the idea is a shop thread can be set up once its an approved shop with at least 3 members. TRK/Impulse correct me if Im wrong.

Should probably tag the thread titles with [SHOP] or something so they dont get mixed up with personal garages?

Maybe this is how the distinction needs to be made for a Community shop or a Personal garage that offers services.

Community Shop (Moderator approved, 3+ members) gets the shop pay allowance each week. For "shop use only", shop cars, sponsorship of community happenings, etc.. Can sell new parts upgrades at a discount to customers (1 class lower cost?). Funds go to Shop Bankroll. Can not use new part discount on personal cars, only for shop cars and customers. If you want discounts on parts for personal cars, visit another Shop.

Personal garage (less than 3 members) does not get the shop weekly allowance but can still offer services to others? Like tuning, used parts, paint/decals, funds received go to to the Personal Bankroll. Can not sell new parts at a discount to others.

ONCE AGAIN.. THESE ARE JUST IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS/MY INTERPRETATION. THIS IS NOT THE RULE YET UNTIL THEY ARE POSTED BY THE MODERATORS..

Last edited by retro hoonage on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Milton
Mr. DIY
Milton

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:36 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said sounds good to me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.forzamotorsport.co.uk/index.php
xxx HlPPY xxx
Cut Springs
xxx HlPPY xxx

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:46 pm

can i open a show room that may be an idea deal with just mazdas or jap importers along those lines ill figure out then accumalate carsand parts and that that way? id like to give this a go anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:51 pm

@Impulse.
Think the meets need to be more constructed so everybody knows where and when, maybe a joint pm that goes to everybody ?
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:32 pm

@Hippy
The shop and garage thing is the same thing. Basically a garage consists of multiple members and offer services like tuning or painting to other members of BNB.
See it as a real garage. Lets say you have a problem tuning suspension on your real car. You will go to a professional to let them see what can be improved.
It's exactly the same here on BNB. If you have a problem with your suspension, you can seek out "professionals" to help you for a small price.

It's the same as what we in Garage K do. Impulse does not know a lot about racing tunes and I do not know a lot about drifting tunes.
However, Impulse knows a lot about drifting tunes and I about racing. We help each other out and together with Fail we help the rest of the community.

You can also see it as a team, in light of the new "Garage Events".
If you'd take a look at how Driftworks or Mind Control or whatever you can come up next works,
that's basically the same as what we try to work out here.

I hope this made it a bit more clear for you.
Back to top Go down
xxx HlPPY xxx
Cut Springs
xxx HlPPY xxx

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:39 pm

yes i get it now thank you very much
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:06 pm

I haz Ideazz

Can we make a "Parked Thread" in the Community Garage Sesction and make a list of the approved Garges and a list of personal Garages like Retros idea of personal Garages that offer a service. So when it comes around to things ike the Garage events we Know who can and can't enter.
Back to top Go down
l iAlexxx l
l iAlexxx l

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:08 pm

What about my shop? Does it have to be BnB or does QD stand a chance ^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright, Help me out here.   Alright, Help me out here. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alright, Help me out here.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next