Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Guide To Built Not Bought

Go down 
+2
xCalluumm
Hoonmob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hoonmob
Junkyard Junkie
Hoonmob

A Guide To Built Not Bought Empty
PostSubject: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Welcome to the guide to life....ok well not life but at least built not bought

i am creating this guide for all the new people who are joining...and for those who just are unsure of whats what around here.

• To start with i highly recommend EVERYONE actually reading through stage 1 its pretty simple and will tell you most of what your looking for. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is a link to the checkout lane thread, basically here is where you find the price for adding logo's, paints, and bodywork to your car, prices vary but there not unrealistic to afford. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now you have those 2 links lets talk about payday, yes you get paid weekly for not doing a damn thing...sounds great right? However after first signing up you cant collect payday until 1 week AFTER you sign up for example say i sign up on 4/20 i cant collect pay until 4/27. Its not a rule, but its something that's being talked about if your collecting payday try to be active within the community and "earn" your wages. You don't work at a bank and do nothing no you rob that mother f****r..jk but you get the point here.

With payday out of the way, lets discuss a neat little trick that a lot of us here use. When you buy a part for example i buy race springs for a toyota supra you can reuse that part on for example a ford mustang or a tonka truck. parts that you buy dont have to always be re-bought. it saves precious money! only downside to that is..yes your shiny new tonka truck has race springs your supra now has stock suspension so just keep that in mind Smile

Garage threads are awesome, its a great way to keep everything in check and invade your friends threads and see there builds and arrange meets. We highly recommend using the garage thread to keep your builds together and keep track of what you spend and your left over money.

Tuning...there's alot of people in this community that have shops, or just know how to tune for a small fee they will turn your car from a build to a monster... i personally either tune the cars myself or i let my good friend impulse tune them (i highly recommend him)

Painting........again theres shops for paint work and body work(i recommend mike for that) they charge a fee for there work that comes out of your BNB bank account Smile

To the older members of BNB, if you have any suggestions feel free to message me or post in this thread
Back to top Go down
http://forzadriftsociety.wordpress.com
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:19 pm

This will help the new members ALOT hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Hoonmob
Junkyard Junkie
Hoonmob

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 pm

xCalluumm wrote:
This will help the new members ALOT hopefully.

thats what i was hoping for Smile who can post on fm.net i haz an idea...chatbox with me real quick
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Good job SoCal. Smile
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Impulse wrote:
Good job SoCal. Smile
impulse is almost at 4000 posts y0
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm

@ Callum when you get to 747 posts you have to stop posting forever.

@ Impulse when you get to 6969 posts you have to stop forever.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Lol deal Beedee.
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:31 pm

blestbeedee wrote:
@ Callum when you get to 747 posts you have to stop posting forever.
Challenge accepted. does the chatbox affect post count?
Back to top Go down
Hoonmob
Junkyard Junkie
Hoonmob

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Impulse wrote:
Good job SoCal. Smile

Thanks buddy i figured its something that would help..i try to do my part..sticky?
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Sticky it is. I'm deleting a few posts though.
Back to top Go down
Hoonmob
Junkyard Junkie
Hoonmob

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:19 am

Thats fine go ahead and clean it up if you can just so its simple

Thread Rerailed... haha

BTW if anyone has any suggestions i have no problem adding them to the OP Smile
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:21 am

Don't forget to check out the classifieds for used cars and parts! Feel free to expand on that.
Back to top Go down
Hoonmob
Junkyard Junkie
Hoonmob

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:03 am

retro hoonage wrote:
Don't forget to check out the classifieds for used cars and parts! Feel free to expand on that.

thank you i forgot about that Very Happy i will revise it tonight maybe add some graphics
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:14 am

Great job Socal!
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Hoonmob
Junkyard Junkie
Hoonmob

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 am

Smooth wrote:
Great job Socal!

Thanks buddy i see that theres alot of new people floating around BNB, i figure this will help answer some unasked questions from people who are shy to post etc etc
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:36 am

I think the best thing to do is organize these forums a bit better to make it easier for everyone to know how to get started.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:42 am

I think it's pretty simple to know how to get started but maybe if we had a message at the top of every form/Sub-form telling them what to do and what the form/sub form is about.
Back to top Go down
Hoonmob
Junkyard Junkie
Hoonmob

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 am

blestbeedee wrote:
I think it's pretty simple to know how to get started but maybe if we had a message at the top of every form/Sub-form telling them what to do and what the form/sub form is about.

Or we could make use of this thread make it global with EVERYTHING needed for BNB in it... Smile
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:32 am

I've made it a GLOBAL announcement! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hoonmob
Junkyard Junkie
Hoonmob

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:52 am

Impulse wrote:
I've made it a GLOBAL announcement! Very Happy

Awesome stuff impulse thank you Very Happy

Seriously i think this will be a good thing for all the members who know how BNB is and works to imput into this to help the future generation of bnb hoonigans Smile
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:55 am

Yeah it will and no problem! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hoonmob
Junkyard Junkie
Hoonmob

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 am

<3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide To Built Not Bought   A Guide To Built Not Bought I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Guide To Built Not Bought
Page 1 of 1