Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love

Go down 
+7
ratR0
Cougar
Spaz
Hoonmob
Mooove
APX maroman
TRK
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TRK
TRK

Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 pm

As I wake up, take a shower and make some breakfast I realize that I'm starting to really enjoy this place. The apartment is great, it's calm and spacious enough for me. It even has its own parking space where I could work on a car, if I had one. That made me think, the last week I haven't driven at all and I really missed it. Unfortunately with my current budget I could not really afford a car. With the long Colorado drives, the rising petrol prices and the sets of tires I burn through I thought it was smart to have an income before I even start on a car.

As I open my curtains and look into the beautiful Colorado scenery I get an idea. With the Horizon festival going on strong and exotic cars in abundance, I figured a job as a photographer would do me good. My feeling said it was a good idea but I figured I should ask around if there's interest. I decided to call some of the Horizon promoters, a girl named Alice told me that there weren't a lot of photographers at the festival. I thought this was very weird but thankfully very fortunate for me.

I went off to Carson to buy a camera and a laptop, whilst being a lot of money it was necessary for now. On my ride back home I was feeling happy and confident. I couldn't wait to start my first assignment!

The bus doors open and my phone rings, I answer it as I hop out of the bus. It was Louis, he told me he might have a job for me in a garage! He told me to come over as soon as possible so I dropped off my new camera and laptop and started waiting for the bus again. Thankfully it wasn't that far, I still wasn't fully recovered so long days weren't really my favorite..

After a half hour drive I arrived at what seemed the place, it looked nice. An old man walks up to me and asks if I'm TRK. I answer that he can call me Tim if he wants. He says to follow me inside to test me. As I walk into the workshop I see a beautiful Toyota AE86 Levin standing on a bridge with the hood popped. The old geezer lowers the car and tells me to fix it. Unsure of what was wrong with the car I start to run random test that I did on my old Trueno. The old man is watching me work on the car, not saying anything. Damn, I loved working on this engine again! After a few minutes I found the problem and fixed it. The old man nodded and told me I'm hired, I thanked him and told him if I could go home. My head still hurt a little bit but I just needed rest.

On the bus ride home I just couldn't get the Levin out of my mind..
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:11 am

Nice, You passed the test! Like a Sir!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 am

Awesome stuff dude! I don't think we've named the old guy yet haha.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Today was my first official day of work! I felt psyched, the boss seemed really nice, I got to work with my friend and the garage looked great! I popped in my earplugs, play 'Video Tapez' by AmpLive and walk out of my door. As I walk to the bus stop the piano plays and the beat kicks in, I breathe in and feel the warm Colorado air on my skin. Today was a good day, I was sure of it.

The bus doors open and I hop out, I was early. No one was at the garage yet. I continue listening to music as I wait, thankfully it wasn't cold so I didn't mind waiting at all. After about 5 minutes I hear an amazing sound. I knew what it was because I had owned one when I still lived in Japan. It was a two liter VTEC which gave me goosebumps. Louis arrived at the garage in his gorgeous red Honda S2000 and revved the engine a few times. He gets out and we shake hands.

"Amazing car, man!"
He thanks me and shows me around it. I tell him I used to own one as well and said it had a lot of potential. After a while of talking I ask him how late we should go pick up the car, he still didn't know which one I was going to get because I kept it a secret for him. He told me we should ask the bossman first.

The old geezer opens the door and we go in, he welcomes us with a hug. I thought by myself that this has to be the most relaxed boss I ever had! He told us he had one $1,000 in the lottery today so he would let us go early as a reward. We thank him and after he showed me the ropes we work on a few cars. I had the pleasure of working on a Nissan Skyline R34 which needed an oil change and new tires. Easy.

After three hours of work we're let go, we hug our boss and go on our way.

"Where to?" Louis asks.
"Let's go to Redfoot Ranch."
We drive to Redfoot Ranch and we talk about Louis' S2k. The car feels amazing, it really sticks to the ground. He had just installed new springs and WedsSport TC 105 N's. I compliment him on the settings of the suspension and after a short 20 minutes we arrive at Redfoot.

"It should be around here."
Louis stops at a farm and we get out.
"The car is around the back, I assume that's why you two are here?" we hear from our left.
I answer that I e-mailed about buying a car.
The guy, an old farmer, says to follow him to his shed.
I whisper to Louis that this is how we die.
The farmer talks about the car a bit, it belonged to his son but he had hit a tree. I already knew this because it was said in the advert. He said the son had cut the springs and put in a custom 2-way differential. The old farmer didn't know what brand so I had to find that out later..

"Here she is!"
We walk around the car and it looked alright!
Louis starts laughing and says that he should've known.
I smile. Of course I'm buying another Hachi, they served me well all my life.
The car looks great other than the front but thankfully it's nothing I can't fix.
The man asked $4,000 for it, I offered $2,000. We decided on $3,000.
We shake hands and he gives me the key.

Louis and I talk some more about the car and we decide to go home, I had some important things to do for my photography business and I didn't want to take up too much of his time. I thank him for driving me here and we say our goodbyes. We hop into our cars and I give her some throttle, oh how I missed the sound of this car. The cars engine felt alright for its age, of course, it was still cold but as a first impression it's not bad! It doesn't take long before Louis overtakes me and blasts off. I honk and start driving home. I wouldn't want to stress the engine too much since I didn't have a complete check up done yet.

Tomorrow I'll give her some love!
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Sickness!!!! I love how you say this is how we die. haha Razz
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Haha, I thought that would be the standard horror movie beginning xD

Here are some pictures I took with the new camera at the farm:

Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 8196714751_f0f72887f5_z

Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 8197808182_24370c524f_z

As you can see, I don't have a front bumper.. But I've already ordered new ones so that should be no problem.
I think I fix the hood but that'll have to be a trial and error thing.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm going to transfer my story to my garage, I'll update accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Mooove
Mooove

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 pm

TRK wrote:
Haha, I thought that would be the standard horror movie beginning xD

Here are some pictures I took with the new camera at the farm:

Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 8196714751_f0f72887f5_z

Is that a Steelers symbol on that door??? Wink
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Yes!
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:59 pm

you would see that mooove lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love   Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring me the Horizon: Part six, A new love
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2