Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]

Go down 
+4
Texas Chia
ExtremeTurboLag
Cougar
PoL1c3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] Empty
PostSubject: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:28 am

Part I

Never before, I have been in so much trouble than I am at the moment.
Only a few years ago i moved to Japan with the black S13 I had.. I still remember my first days in Japan, and also the fun I had there competing in Matsuri events and so on...
To be honest, I loved the time there, but unfortunately I need to leave the country now to prevent going to jail or paying big fee's..
But why?

Not much time has passed yet, only a few weeks ago I have still been living my normal life in Japan. Waking up everyday, working, driving on the weekends.
And, as most people know, I was owning three cars.. three cars I loved much.
My 350Z which I wanted to build up to a competitive spec with custom body work of mine which was ready on the paper, my S13 Touge car and also my SX missile.
Two weeks ago, on a friday, I came home after a busy day of work and sighted my 350Z in front of the door which I parked there.
It looked extremly beautiful in the dawn with a bit of sun shining on it between all the houses here in Tokyo.

I went inside then and changed my clothes, put my work things back on their place and sat for a minute.
I thought about going for a ride in the 350Z on the Wangan to calm down a bit after work, so thats exactly what I did.
Went down the stairs of the house with the keys in my right hand and left through the front door.
After sitting in the Z, I decided to drive to a parking lot from which I could drive to the Wangan, which is where I met a mate who loves to drive on the Wangan too.

We thought about going for some runs on it, so I got back into my 350Z and the in his blue, old Zetto - a really awesome looking car.
To shorten this a bit... we then were on it cruising at around 300 km/h which has yet been as dangerous as never has been, because somehow today there were more cars then elsewhen before.
When we went through a right curve there, overtaking the civilian cars like they were standing, I noticed my rear tires getting slippery, and the rear end began to slide -
just when I was passing a car. I tapped him on his front end, and his car went to the left right into the wall with the following car crashing into it and flip.
I decided, even though it probably wasnt the better way, leaving the place and hiding the car. From then until my flight I havent even talked to my mate again...

So I drove the 350Z to my warehouse where I set up my garage to work on my three, and hid the 350Z in a kinda small room in the back where I was painting small damages on the cars earlier.
To forget this all, I went to my favorite bar so I could get a drink there and forget what happened..

A few days later I got my S13 back from Garage Zero who tuned it for the Touge Ive always been riding on, Fujimi Kaido - and well, I thought I'd go for a try.
Normally Im a pretty good Touge driver, anyway, people do mistakes.. but this mistake made the S13 go in only a few seconds.
While running on the downhill, I usually look through the leaves so I dont crash into a unexpected civilian car.
I went down on its long straight pretty fast to drift through the first corner after it - a corner where you arent able to see civilian cars through leaves as the corner is pretty much a 180 degree turn.
Just when I was pulling the handbrake to go into the corner, I noticed lights of a different car on the barrier at the right side - it was going uphill, I think it was a Honda CRX.
After the crash on the Wangan I decided to rather endanger me than the civilian, so I steered to the right as much as I could, resulting the S13 going into the barrier.
Luckily, I didnt take any damage in the crash, not even a scratch, but the S13.. well, it had 'a bit' more damage.
The front end was completly pushed into the engine, not even a inch of the fender was straight anymore, the front windshield broken.
Well, it was totaled.

I have not been talking to the CRX's driver to be honest. Im pretty sure he was shocked in the situation, but he didnt stop driving uphill.
Anyway, I arranged the S13 to be taken to a scrap yard, and so with the fucked SX missile which was still in the warehouse.
I guess it was the best to do it like this.
A mate of mine picked me up that night when the S13 was taken away there and drove me home.
Arriving in my flat, I booted the laptop and looked for flight prices to the USA.

On the next morning I called some old mates I still know from my time in my home country Germany which have moved to USA to find out where they live now.
Two of my best mates moved to Colorado in USA, so I talked a bit more to them to tell them Im going to fly to Colorado.. not for a visit, but to move to Colorado.
I took some money I had laying around at home, booked the flight online, called my good mates in Japan to tell them Im leaving and arranging the 350Z being taken to a place where it couldnt be found.
So, right after that my cab arrived and I went to the airport.
Then, a few hours later after a nice flight I arrived in the sunny Colorado.
The atmosphere at my arrival was awesome, I even heard some people talking about a festival named Horizon Festival running at the moment, a event all about music and cars.. sounded nice to be honest.
Called my mate Richard that I had arrived and he picked me up in his awesome 200SX. It is a red 1990 200SX which he took with him from Germany, with Coilovers, SR20DET, Enkei RPF1's and so on.
And well, as you can think now my thoughts were all about getting a car in Colorado, which is pretty needed.

To be continued...

Last edited by PoL1c3 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Very Happy!

Looks good!
Back to top Go down
ExtremeTurboLag
Mr. DIY
ExtremeTurboLag

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:22 pm

why does the s13 part sound like initial d?
Back to top Go down
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:39 pm

its called inspiration, and coincidence
Back to top Go down
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:45 pm

it's close and i see what ur getting at, but u forget, Koichiro only lost control of his car because Shingo of the Nightkids was trying to run him off the road, and forced Koichiro into the other lane. also it shud be noted that, there was a wall that obscured his vision not trees
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Lol, was gonna tell you to post pics but then read the last section. Can't wait for the rest!
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Seems you guys havent seen Wangan Midnight then? (Just a little hint, hehe)

Yes I know what happened in Initial D, but as I wasnt racing there too as I thought two races, two cars lost / chased wouldnt be too interesting. Razz
And btw, i used the tree thing as inspiration because of the Race of Takumi vs. the Sil80, not 100% sure anymore but I think she didnt see it early enough and spun then.

Part Two is pretty much ready to go, we'll see when I will put it up.
Back to top Go down
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Wangan Midnight........ i don't know why but i have never watched the entire thing
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 2:07 am

Devil Z !!
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 am

Part II

I talked to him about my thoughs and he said he'd call a few people to find out if anyone has something adorable for sale.
We went to some cafe in the town and thats just what he did.
A mate of him then told us about some guy having a 240SX for sale for cheap, sounded interesting, so we drove to his place.
When we arrived at the adress, we were in front of a old house with a barn beside it.

Knocked at the door then to meet an quite old man and asked him if he had an 240SX for sale..
Yes - we were at the right adress. He told me he parked it in the barn, and told me about its history on the way.
He bought it when the 240SX as buyable for the public at a local Nissan car dealer and later gifted it to his son.

To quote 'That idiot only did dumb things to this beauty' - seems the son has been cutting its springs, welding the differential and yeah..
I thought it didnt sound too bad except the cut springs, but well.. even in its current state it should be able to do some drifts then.
He opened the barn and I immediately caught sight of this beautiful, dark blue 240SX. I was automatically hooked, but still looked closer to find its bad parts.
I had some small rust here and there, nothing I couldnt fix, and no dents or something else to find.
Opening the bonnet, I found a KA24DE inside, an engine I didnt have any experience with yet, but it seemed to run very well, so I couldnt resist but buy it.

After that, me and Richard drove back into the town and then to a garage he set up for himself, but there was lots of space inside.
Everything inside was perfectly sorted - the tools, everything.
So.. the 240SX was a good start into drifting and daily driving as it was, but I agreed on his idea of taking out the carpets and all the stuff I wouldnt need.
As Im not intending in building it for competitive specs yet, we reduced the weight only to a point where the interior was still comfortable enough to daily drive the SX.

We finished later in the evening, and went to a local parking lot my mate knew.. Well you can guess for what: hooning, drifting, everything that includes spinning rear tires!
It wasnt too far away, so we didnt drive long.
Meanwhile I called my other mate Nico to come up with his camera and take some pictures, chill on the lot a bit and stuff.

// On the way

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8178463488_9c9cd71898_z

After our arrival, we tried out the KA24 which I heard wouldnt die too easy, and even with its low power I was able to pull of some drifts on the lot in the sweet looking early morning hours of Colorado.

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8178463322_983f3dd91d_z

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8178432005_d4bce9a530_z

After laps and laps and laps on the parking lot I decided to give the KA24 and the 240SX's tires a bit of a break, and when I parked it we noticed the springs seemed to be fucked...
Not only because of the drifts, but also because of the cutting done by the previous owner. It still seemed driveable and gave the 240SX a cooler look, but I wont let it be like this for a long time.

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8178463114_909d4a3152_z

As the springs were fucked anyway, I didnt give a fuck and drifted some more, not only me but my mates too.

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8178463224_1a7fa90486_z

Luckily my mate Nico had his camera with him as I asked him on the mobile earlier to take it with him... I think he is a good photographer, and he wanted to take some more pictures of the 240SX.
On the pictures shot the 240 looks reeeeaally nice, mostly because it is so low because of the super awesome killer springs! Very Happy
When he was done, we left the parking lot.

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8171842178_956beae438_z

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8178463168_6bf931534f_z

Around midday to afternoon I was on my way to some flat in the town to maybe rent a room. I heard about this from my mate who has a mate living there with some other guys who all are car enthusiasts..
If that isnt perfect, well.. then I dont know what is. The building wasnt exactly the nicest ive ever seen, but not too bad as the flat inside was cool, so were the people and the room I rented.

Had some talk with them then about cars, local places for races, potential garages and so on then and left. Just around the edge was some internet cafe I went to as I forgot my laptop in Japan.
To solve the issue the 240SX has now, its springs, I browsed on the internet for a set of coilovers and also some other parts I might be buying.
Ended up ordering a set of Driftworks CS2 Coilovers from the UK then as I know these guys have good stuff in stock!
Anway, they told me the posting would take a few days, so Im waiting for them to arrive.
As Ive been in the internet cafe now, I thought about swapping the 240SX engine as I didnt think it would be good for serious power.
I looked up some engines I could swap which were also locally available and decided to buy an engine I had lots of experience with, a ....

Last edited by PoL1c3 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Last to pictures are the best 240sx photographs I have ever seen on forza... Keep the story coming.
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Will do.. need to improve on my writings though when I look at other peoples stories haha.
Oh and thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Love the last pic, just watch the language! Following this story, looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 am

Upgrading (rewriting) both existing parts to contain more details etc. with a nicer language and so on. Stay tuned! [DONE]
Part III soon too.
Back to top Go down
Mooove
Mooove

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Good read sir.
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 pm

PART III

After waiting a few days, searching for work and also hanging out with friends (which includes driving and drifting) which was pretty fun, I went home on a Wednesday to find a package adressed to me.. and the outside look with its big 'Driftworks' logos already told me its gotta be my new Driftworks CS2 Coilover set!
So took it inside and opened it up, and for sure it was the expected part including some Driftworks stickers Very Happy

Later that day around afternoon then went with the 240 and my brand new coilovers to the Garage of my mate who was there too to install them.. Luckily I didnt have to drive far with my fucked springs, the garage is nearly around the edge. cheers
So, after some time and beer the coilovers were in and set to its lowest set, just how I like it. YES.

Well, been annoyed by the KA24 at that point, so I just drove the thing home and took a quick shot in front of the house.

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8200343830_d7fa578f3f_z

Oh and I nearly forgot, the rust it had is gone too. afro

So, since buying the car Ive been thinking about what engine to put and the decision has been made a few days ago, after comparing the engines I had in mind and playing through the scenario of each one to check prices, power, weight and all that.

Then been on the internet in the next few days much which is why the people at the internet cafe know me well now, haha. I really need to get a laptop here in Colorado!
Anyway, I looked through some local forums for JDM cars and stuff and found a guy who is parting out his Skyline R34 which seems to had quite a big drift accident.. and the ad had only been posted a few minutes ago!
Immediately contacted the seller through phone and went to view the car and its engine on the next day.

The car I found at the place wasnt really looking nice anymore to be honest, the rear end was nearly as fucked as the front of my S13 back in Japan.

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8200344032_821a0c4c86_z

But, as said above, the most damage was on the rear part of it, so we made a deal for the engine which was still running.
Got the engine a bit cheaper for taking it out by myself (did that at the Garage of my mate again who Im nearly annoying by using his Garage all the time haha) which is quite awesome!

Well, next up was putting the engine into the 240, which took a while as we had to take out the old KA24 too (sold it to someone else after) but the RB26 now sits perfectly inside the 240 and FUCK. its an awesome feel to drive a RB26'ed SX again..

Took it right out on the streets then and my mate took another quick shot...

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] 8200343918_3778d0a9a7_z

Haha, its a real torque monster even though its stock right now!

A few days later found work in town too, which is good as the money I brought is nearly all gone..
Hopefully I can buy some more in the next days when I receive my first pay then! Smile
Back to top Go down
ExtremeTurboLag
Mr. DIY
ExtremeTurboLag

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:22 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

RB FTW.
Back to top Go down
PoL1c3
Mr. DIY
PoL1c3

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:57 pm

PART III.V (Small inbetween update)

So, long story short, heard of a Touge Event today which was being run in cooperation with the Horizon festival guys and thought I should compete with my sweet RB 240, but after reading it's rules I noticed I have to have a Sport Clutch because of my current power...
Well, probably it would've been necessary one day anyway, so I immediately ordered a new clutch at Exedy and got it on the same day with a bit more expensive postage costs, but well I guess its all worth it.

Maybe you're gonna see this 240 be in the top 3 of the event? Well - we will see I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]   [STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[STORY] A life of drifting and escaping [Small new PART III.V OUT NOW!]
Page 1 of 1