Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need Help Tuning!! (Grip)

Go down 
+2
MosukeKodoSan
Falken HD
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

Need Help Tuning!! (Grip) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help Tuning!! (Grip)   Need Help Tuning!! (Grip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:16 am

yeah i could see how different suspension/alignment tuning would warrant various diff settings too. I think everyone just got what they are comfortable with.

I spent a lot of time trading tunes with B2B when he was around, I used to run higher settings before too (not too high, more like 35/70) but then some of his tunes had really low diff settings. Lately for race cars I start out at 25%/50% then fine tune from there as necessary. It definitely depends on the rest of the suspension setup too, how loose it is as to how you tune the diff.

The miata is at 25/50 and feels fine, even understeers a bit but thats a suspension issue I think. I have been blaming the tires in my head.. My soon to be revealed build is currently 25/50 and I think I need to bump up the decel at least to limit the lift off rotation (the car turns in much better).

I've had a race car or two with really high settings and you definitely have to feather the hell out of the throttle out of turns. I find I don't have to do that nearly as much with a lower setting. I mean you still have to roll onto the throttle enough to keep traction as necessary but when a wheel spins a little its not going to make the whole back end kick out. I have an easier time running part throttle with the lower settings

Off Topic: My drift cars always are 65-75 decel, 98 accel.
Back to top Go down
ExtremeTurboLag
Mr. DIY
ExtremeTurboLag

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Tuning!! (Grip)   Need Help Tuning!! (Grip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 am

I use around 30-20/20-5 for my diff settings
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Tuning!! (Grip)   Need Help Tuning!! (Grip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 pm

O.0

I guess the way I tune I just get rid of ALL the understeer since that's the thing I hate.
Oversteer is easy to correct and thus faster for me.

My race cars are always on the edge of oversteer so the rear tyres help turn in the car.
Thus making my corners faster.

I run soft rear suspension and the ARB's as stiff as they allow me to be without flipping the car.
Same with the dampening.
Back to top Go down
ExtremeTurboLag
Mr. DIY
ExtremeTurboLag

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Tuning!! (Grip)   Need Help Tuning!! (Grip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:37 pm

I like stiff arbs and soft springs as well
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Tuning!! (Grip)   Need Help Tuning!! (Grip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:43 pm

i usually control my car with the tire, camber, diff and ARB's, i like teh springs, dampers soft, unless teh car bottoms out alot then i stiffen the bump
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Tuning!! (Grip)   Need Help Tuning!! (Grip) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help Tuning!! (Grip)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2