Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage

Go down 
+11
Drags
MrTupas
xCalluumm
JiqSaw Bunqie
Falken HD
Cougar
APX maroman
TRK
Kru Jones
noremac258
Ilarnek
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Tomorrow! Very Happy
You can come by in the morning to pick them up if you want? They are scheduled between 9-10 am.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Sweet, hoping callum's still up for helping me fit it all.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:49 pm

I've also got the rest of your engine parts that you wanted cleaning ready for pickup. Boxed them up for you too mate.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Cheers fella, I'll come by tomorrow and get them unless you fancy dropping it off?
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Haha, it will be dinner time before I can get them to you. I can if you want.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 pm

No worries, I'll po by and pick up the suspension parts though if that's okay? There's some Cusco Diff parts that need to go to Ryan btw for the rebuild.

So tomorrow evening I should have some photos up atleast of her on wheels Wink
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Alright no worries. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:39 pm

Do I have to pay extra for the new front bumper and spoiler to have carbon fibre already installed? (like CF lip on front and blade on back?)
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:42 pm

no you just have to pay for the bumper upgrade, whatever the bumper comes with is what you pay for
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ryrys13
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:51 pm

is that only if it comes on forza with it? Sorry never thought about it before, the lip and spoiler don't normally but the cf on them is a nice touch lol.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:18 pm

The container was stiflingly hot as the hot Colorado sun beat down with relentlessness, I flicked through the photos on a borrowed DSLR camera, it'd be a fantastic day to finish the last two days work off.

Suspension, brakes, diff and other misc. stuff had arrived at the shop yesterday, I'd gone down early to pick up the suspension parts so me and Callum could install it, from sway bars & struts to the shocks and springs we spent the day installing every part of the suspension system and linkage. I was surprised just how eager Callum was to get it all done and see the Evo on working, it seems like everyone who's seen it wants to see it cruising the streets, it was nice to feel accepted into something.
Lewis came down after work to drop of the engine parts he'd cleaned up for me and the rest of my order, together we all finished off the suspension system and headed off for dinner.

Today I've installed the brake system, the AP Brakes are huge the 330mm brakes, after it was all finished (took most of the day) I went to pick up the rims I got from Laura the otherday, I'd had some Toyo 888's installed on the 17" rims, all together it was a nice look.

I took one last snap of her and closed the lockup, as I sat in the E30 I picked up my phone and called the Denver Motorsport Shop as they were coming to get her tomorrow for stripping and 8-point Roll Cage instalment.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Nice read mate.
Can't wait to see the Evo on the streets. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:28 pm

It's going to be in Denver for about a fortnight, so I can work on the engine in the meantime.
Thoughts: High-speed box drag or a doglegged rally transmission?

Already got the next spend planned out Wink least now she sits right.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Depends on what you're wanting it for.
Me personally, I'd go for a high-speed box.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:53 pm

id go for high speed, unless you want to rip peoples face's off from a dead stop lol
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm

I get a good launch either way but it's even better in the Dog-leg :/ wish it was customisable! With the high-speed I hit 210~ with the dog-leg its about 160.
Back to top Go down
APX maroman
BNBPD
APX maroman

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 pm

i say go with the dog-leg then, you dont need to go 200mph in a evo Razz
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 pm

It actually looses contact with the ground in 6th gear on the highway Wink
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:03 am

Evo got sent off for stripping, cage and internal modification today will have it back in 1-2 weeks depending how busy they are.
Anyway, photos from yesterday after suspension, brake & wheel installation.

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 8459073509_574ecec9db_z
Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 8459073627_b9ac694850_z

Yeah yellow :/ previous owners choice I suppose but it shows of the new carbon parts that came on the replacement bodywork quite nicely.

Question, does it look sleeper enough?
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:10 am

Looks like it's got serious power, so no. ;]
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:17 am

really? :C it's got no engine currently!
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 am

Well, sleepers are cars that look slow but are fast.
Since the Evo is a fast car to begin with it isn't much of a sleeper ;]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A boxy Alfa on the outside, a racecar on the inside.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 am

Well it's slow compared to the stuff on horizon! Wink
I know what you mean though bit like those 2.0l transplant novas.
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:28 pm

So the evo's off getting caged, I'm left without much to write about. Anyone fancy giving me ides of story points till it gets back? Meeting up with Laura again soon so that may come up
Back to top Go down
Ilarnek
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:02 pm

I sat in the E30, it's battered tartan detail upholstery giving off a faint smell of dust and cigarettes, as I lit up another smoke the radio DJ was blaring off about some new Horizon racer blowing away the competition. I gave little notice as a UPS van pulled up slowly to the container, the delivery man got out and walked over.
'Container number 210B?' he said as he tried to light up his own smoke, I gave passed the kid my lighter to use as I agreed that it was me. He passed over a clipboard and I signed off.

The delivery guy was about 22, but still looked like a kid, we both talked lent against the E30 he made a quip about how someone could be seen in such an old beater when there's Porsches, Ferraris & Imports on every corner, I laughed and told the guy to pull out my delivery. With each new part he pulled out he gawked more and more. Together we put them into the container and we sat about discussing the joys of the 4G63 engine, even though the kid was pretty open-minded he kept going on about all the imports I told him to go over to where my friend Ryan works and ask him to show off his T/A then come back and tell me it's all about imports.

Before the kid left I went through the list of parts before final sign off:

HKS Valve Springs

ARP Head Studs
    ARP Bolts
    Tomei Forged Crank
    Carillo Connecting Rods
    JE Forged Pistons
    HKS Head Gasket
    Block Rebore
    Cusco Engine Mounts

With the days sun just reaching midday I set about fitting the new parts and lubricating the engine and head for the Evo engine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ilarnek's Horizon Garage   Ilarnek's Horizon Garage - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ilarnek's Horizon Garage
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next