Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Xbox One and everyone's hate

Go down 
+6
DIS OldManTiger
Cougar
stonem907
Brenwalsh
MosukeKodoSan
Volkswagen Yo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

Xbox One and everyone's hate Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:59 am

Can someone inform me as to why everyone is hating on the Xone? We all know that it's going to game like a champ, so why the hate for them focusing on the new features? It's just mind blowing that people are so pissed off that Microsoft is making something that is way more that what we are asking for and we are lashing out. I like the TV coming to it. I currently use Netflix and watch TV in a different room, and now with this, I'd never have to leave the room haha. But really explain your massive disgrace towards a large market scheme?
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:06 am

Marmite looks, deliberately concentrating on the voice control and only admitting to charging for used games when interrogated
I think that sums It up lol
Back to top Go down
Brenwalsh
Oil Changer
Brenwalsh

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:29 am

People are focusing on all the bad points, Once they see some of it's next-gen graphics all the hate will stop
Back to top Go down
stonem907
Wakaba
stonem907

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:21 am

Brenwalsh wrote:
People are focusing on all the bad points, Once they see some of it's next-gen graphics all the hate will stop

Forza physics, PC graphics. I like the sound of that.

...but, I watched the reveal and they still made the same mistakes that I hate SOOOO F***ING MUCH. Look at the windows in the in-car view.
THERE AREN'T ANY!!!! Same with Forza 3 and 4. No glare, no dirt, NO EVIDENCE THAT THE CAR HAS WINDOWS. There are no windows in the in car view. That drives me crazy.

Will I still buy and play the shit out of it? Yes.
Back to top Go down
Cougar
BNBPD
Cougar

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:28 am

Volkswagen Yo wrote:
I currently use Netflix and watch TV in a different room, and now with this, I'd never have to leave the room haha.

This will be me too haha.
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:42 am

MosukeKodoSan wrote:
Marmite looks, deliberately concentrating on the voice control and only admitting to charging for used games when interrogated
I think that sums It up lol

Talk to the computer gamers about used games and come back to me. K thanks.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm no fanboy by any means, but this new Xbox One is awesome. I like the looks and understand the reasoning behind them. If you look, you can clearly see it's design is anchored in functionality. The venting is there to dissipate the heat. (See pic below). As far as it's gaming prowess, it's obvious that it will be a massive improvement. I mean we're going to a eight-core cpu, and from 512mb of ram to 8gb ram, so I'm not sweating that aspect one bit. The entertainment items that people seem to be hating on the most are some of the most interesting to me. I love fantasy football, I'm a football junkie. That interactive tv, with my fantasy scores popping up? GENIUS. I think people are not getting that the entertainment stuff is in addition to one pretty stacked gaming box, not in place of it. I for one will be on FM5 on release day.

Xbox One and everyone's hate DSC_4586-hero_verge_super_wide

Last edited by DIS OldManTiger on Tue May 28, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:52 pm

I know. I may actually be involved in fantasy football this year (last year, I just asked my dad what I should do. RGiii and Peterson, I would have never picked them. Haha).

But that's what I'm saying. Everyone is focused on gaming.... What did you want? Here's a bunch of specs that say this is next gen. We'll go home now, or what they did and said, yeah it's dope, here's some software that we improved on. Both Sony and Microsoft lost billions in their first year making strictly a gaming machine. But then Xbox got the Kinect and some more software updates and you saw amazing uprising in sales. Overall, Microsoft lost 7 million dollars on the 360 and Sony lost 9 million on the PS3. If you want an Xboxtwo or PS5, what they are doing has to be done.
Back to top Go down
Conan
Wheels And A Drop
Conan

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:52 pm

I too don't see why everyone hates the Xbox One, they're doing the same thing any games console does, reveal the console and the new features then wait until E3 to reveal games, with 8 cores and 8gb of ram this is definitely not just for multimedia.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:08 pm

The games that were coming out were always held back and restrained by the 360 so game developers had to tone them down to maintain smooth gameplay. I have no complaints with the new system because now they can stretch those limits and give us more.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
RyanHappyHands
Mr. DIY
RyanHappyHands

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:36 pm

A lot of people are mad about rumours. It's all down to E3 though. I've heard both sides from people I trust and Im on the bubble. The biggest rumor is that the ps4 has 50% more processing power than the Xbox because the box is focusing on all around, but the defence by people is that the games are most likely going to be ported to from the xbox (except for exclusives) so even if it has more processing power it's not going to be much of a difference. Thats what i've heard.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:54 pm

50% more processing power is just a ridiculous statement. I'll tell you why Ry. A windows based PC, with an 8 core cpu, concentrating only on that operating system, rarely uses 50% of its processing power on anything, let alone using 50% perpetually. And the Windows 8 kernel used in the Xbox One is not a full Win 8 install. That stuff will have no bearing on the gaming performance in my opinion, and I'm an I.T. guy by trade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:36 pm

@volk, if you read my posts in the other Xbox 'single' thread you'd know I'm not against charging for secondhand games as its a necessary evil, the fact they have made a desision and had to be bullied into admitting it, without giving any details on costs which they clearly have planned out is weak, EA have known this decision for months and for them to announce the end of online passes, they know how much they will be getting from Microsoft with the new 'pc style' system

When questioned on the matter Sony have said 'if' they chose a similar route they have patents in place, but they are not 100% on a decision either way
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:52 pm

What I've heard from sony is it's the dev's choice
Back to top Go down
xCalluumm
Master Mechanic
xCalluumm

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Its Microsofts choice what they do to their next-gen consoles, not yours. Smile
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:13 pm

xCalluumm wrote:
Its Microsofts choice what they do to their next-gen consoles, not yours. Smile

Ok callum, i'll park outside your house and play Skrillex on repeat full blast between the hours of 11pm and 5am... my choice right? Rolling Eyes believe it or not as a consumer i have a right to an opinion affraid Laughing

Volk asked for the reasons people are hating on the 'one' so i gave him a handful of legitimate ones.
If you actually paid attention you would know that MS has always tried to make more money from each consumer than Sony, and yet again they are trying (unsuccessfully) to hide that fact...

As far as the 'one' (still cant get over how crap the name is) goes, i'm not hating or loving it, i'm on the fence til E3
Even then i know i'll be buying one as in recent years it breaks down like this

Sony make better consoles (blu ray lazer asside)
MS has the better controller
The PS exclusives are usually brilliant (play hard rain if you havent yet!!!) but they fall 1-2% behind on FPS exclusives
The PSN is nowhere near the polish of XBL... but its not £5 a month

So i play my ps3 all the time right?... um no the ps3 is more of a single player games console to me, where as the 360 won the battle for my loyalty because of the live service and social gaming

I will be buying an 'ein' on or near release unless the ps4 is a massively better console
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One and everyone's hate   Xbox One and everyone's hate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One and everyone's hate
Page 1 of 1