Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB

Go down 
+24
DB BeeDee
MosukeKodoSan
PortableCorpse
camshlom
APX maroman
Smooth
RyanHappyHands
Volkswagen Yo
DIS Boppinz
ONI Synyster
Ilarnek
Kru Jones
Ennis
TXSCHMIDT
Brenwalsh
CivicEJ9
MichaelC
Impulse
Falken HD
AC x Stunner
Cougar
Drags
TRK
addiem0nster
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:38 am

Do what i do. Build cars that no one of but me wants then sell them off for a monumental loss later. Haha. Then you never have too much money.

Last edited by retro hoonage on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:42 am

TRK wrote:

This is what I was thinking:

TRK - Time Attack
Kru - Drag
addie - Matsuri/funtimes
retro - Auto X

That leaves drift, Touge and circuit racing, among others.
But let's discuss this somewhere else so this thread stays on topic, roight? ;]

This.
Back to top Go down
D1 DEMON
Oil Changer
D1 DEMON

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:48 am

For me, it's not about the money, its about the experience. When I first heard about BNB I literally said "HOLY SHIT! I'm just now hearing about this. where have I been." and I immediately joined. I don't care about the money, waiting for the next paycheck or next 16 man lobby are at the bottom of my list (however it is nice). I just enjoy being around people who share the same interest as me, which is just to have fun. You can do what you want with the money situation, from now on you wont hear a peep from me about it. But, I do have a few Ideas on how to circulate the money.

1.) Make a poll and let the whole community decide on what payday's turnout should be. I'd say have the options between $6,000 $3,000 $1,000 or $500 and get paid weekly.

2.) Instead of you tuning your own car, make it mandatory to bring it to someone else to tune it for you. That way the tuning shops here are actually used. Shops are allowed to make one Demo Cars for free to advertise how they tune and what the car feels like. So if someone wants their car tuned, they drive their demo car and if they like it they have them tune it, if they don't they go to the next shop. Every shop should have set prices on certain things obviously. Shops prices should vary as they do in real life, its up to the owner to decide on what they are.

3.) We need more events! circuit/autocross/drag/touge/drift/limbo/whatever there needs to be more. Also some with a lower class restrictions so that some of the new guys have a chance to make some money, instead of waiting on paydays to make their drift cars so they can actually compete.

4.) Maybe use the money that people give to the junkyard for prize's for community Instead of it just going nowhere. comps/Raffles/events ect. call it Community Events. just something to give back to the community.

I might have a few more ideas, but I would like to get your opinions on these. and remember they are just ideas, but if people agree I think they should become a reality. same with other peoples ideas. anyways.... time to eat.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 3:13 am

I'm against the whole "must have car tuned by shop" idea. Even though I am in a shop, I don't want people to feel obligated to come to it and request tunes because they have to. I can tune my own cars and so can over 90% of the BnB community.

I say we redo price sheets at least 1 week before FM5's release, that way no one can build cars like they're Donald Trump if they have stacks of money and a warehouse with racks of money.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 am

If we reset the banks it would be unfair on some of us, I've claimed at the most 10k from lobbies in the las 6 months so the money I've saved for a 50+k car was done the hard way, I don't even use money earned through painting as I'd rather the shop had funds to do what ever customers want

If we reset banks then what happens to my car collection I've worked hard making?
I've spent literally months patiently saving for either a 69 charger, regal GNX or if I'm lucky a Toyota 2000gt.
Back to top Go down
ratR0
Event Organizer
ratR0

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:44 am

retro hoonage wrote:
Do what i do. Build cars that no one of but me wants then sell them off for a monumental loss later. Haha. Then you never have too much money.

Sorry, I was posting from my phone last night so I really couldn't weigh in.

It seems like BNB goes through a thread like this every 6 months or so. Last time it happened was when Horizon released, the whole discussion came up again about pricing, resetting garages. At that time I believe pricing was adjusted, and you could start fresh with a new garage if you wanted to (and lock your old garage and throw away the key) But it was all up to you, no forced restarts.

I have been around long enough to have enough money to do whatever I want. I didn't restart. I did save up money for several weeks when I felt I had everything I needed for the time being, enough to drop $50k all at once on an SRT8 Challenger build, a car that probably isn't really great at handling but I lust after them anyways for real.

Then I was broke, so I took 2 cars I had for months, 2 cars that I was getting zero interest in actually selling, sent them to the junkyard for 35% of their value, to finance a "budget" S14 build along the lines of the addies matsuri spec.

I have despised S14's up until now, but now I realize I was just building them with way too much power. Its really sweet in the 300-350 range. no race trans, and you have to do a little work to really tear shit up drifting. its like a saying I used to paste on my bumper in FM2, "excessive power masks flawed technique"

Right now I still own 2 more cars that I had planned as prizes for the autocross tournament....participation sort of petered out but I think that has more to do with how I planned it and the timing of events, etc.....thats something else entirely.......I still plan on getting rid of them free somehow, or maybe use them as autocross "rental" cars in the future.

So thats how I handle having too much money. Spend it on things, sell said things at a big loss or give them away because I don't care. Also I think I have claimed 1 lobby bonus ever for online get togethers. I dont need it. If you think you have too much and its ruining your BNB experience, go buy a new car, blow the motor, and you just took a 65% loss on it when you sell it to the junkyard. And buy something interesting, will ya?

I dont know if shop use should be mandatory. I definitely hit up paint shops from time to time. I would be interested and having a shop review my drag tuning. I've collaborated with others on race/circuit tunes before, I found their tunes were not bad at all, they were nice, but I was still faster with my tunes which are admittedly a little more unstable/loose. What im used to I guess. Same thing with drift tunes, a lot of fine tuning involved and I do that myself.

Aaaannnd now I've written a small novel. Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 pm

@D1 Demon:
The Junkyard is a sinkhole for money.
Tournaments get funded by a BNB bank, not out of someone's bank.
That's why we need a sinkhole otherwise the entire economy will flood.

See it as people pressing extra bills of money.
That's what happens every single payday.

I think we should let this run until Forza 5 comes around the corner, then we'll re-do the economy and start over.

Redoing will consist of:
Prices of cars and parts (lots of work)
Balancing the paydays and lobby bonuses (lots of work due to testing)
Setting up a team of event organisers (relatively low on work, can be done now)
Figure out a way to make tuning shops more interesting (like in the beginning of BNB, maybe shop VS shop events?)

Probably some other stuff but this is what comes to mind right now.
Of course, I don't know when Forza 5 comes around.
Back to top Go down
M1KE0

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Drop the paydays to 1k Max a week.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 pm

That's too low. Activity will pretty much plummet. I'd say $1,750 or $2,000 after we redo the pricing.
Back to top Go down
AC x Stunner
Mr. DIY
AC x Stunner

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 pm

When is the pricing going to change ? We dont even have a release date for FM5 so we cant really rely on the timing for that. People want change now ! +1 on 2K for payday !

Another idea i had was tarrifs on imports !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB   IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IN THIS THREAD: Everyone thinks they can fix BNB
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5