Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!

Go down 
+17
DIS Radical
DIS M0LICI0US
schmitty4491
Conan
Sidewinder
Falken HD
ONI Synyster
AC x Stunner
ratR0
Document_One
MosukeKodoSan
Volkswagen Yo
Drags
Cougar
TXSCHMIDT
DIS OldManTiger
Impulse
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ONE or PS4?
Xbox ONE
Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_vote_lcap55%Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 17 ]
PS4
Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_vote_lcap19%Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
Both
Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_vote_lcap16%Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
Neither
Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_vote_lcap10%Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:41 am

I think joe might be over reacting for effect lol
He has more than a few valid concerns though

As it stands I'm probably going ps4 at launch and xb1 sometime next year IF forza is joined by a couple more mist have Xbox exclusives, then I will literally only be using it for those games and ps4 for everything else
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Document_One wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tells you everything you need to know lol.

That's funny. You post that now, saying it tells you everything you need to know. Did you not see the May 21st date of the video? Alot of his info was wrong then, and still is. Almost every single thing that the yelling moron screamed about has been addressed by Microsoft already. You really should take a look at the link Volk posted. Here is the link:

Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Surely you can see why people are unhappy Tig?
Yes the circle is a solution to a problem, a problem MS have made wanting DRM and disc-less playback (was it really a hardship having to find a physical disc on the shelf to play a game?)

And the info on the kinect is still not enough, there is still not one single reason for not being able to unplug the kinect from the system if you are not using it and don't want it on. 'Pausing' it is not the same as turning it off, we know that. If MS decided to change T&C's after launch how many of us would read the 3rd appendix on the 2nd paragraph on the 35th page stating MS has the right to 'watch you while you sleep and smell your hair'
An extremism i know but being able to unplug if not in use would rest people fears.

My view is
DL the game and its on your system and that's it, no sales or gifting (the price you pay for convenience)
Buy a physical disc, fuck you MS i bought it and i'll do what i like... (inserts case into body cavity to prove somewhat painful point)
As it was before xb1 lol
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:42 pm

I thought you could turn it off if you weren't using it. Or did I read it too fast?
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:50 pm

'pause' it, not turn it off Suspect
i know i'm being suspect about it but they would have used pause instead of turn off/deactivate for legal reasons as it will still be running in some capacity
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:53 pm

You can Impulse, right now people are getting hung up on semantics, lol. You're able to stop it from working, whether its termed "pausing" or "turning it off". Anyway, it appears even in the face of facts, people are set in there beliefs and are unwilling to be swayed. I mean for phuck's sake, the vid posted above was from May 21st..... Tons of stuff had been explained, dealt with and refuted entirely, and in that post, it said "...this is all you need to know". Lol. Anyway. I believe I'm done here in this thread. Simply because, regardless of facts, some people prefer the "Fox News" style of internet info they are perusing. More power to them.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Tiger i'm not trying to argue with you fella but you know there is a difference between pausing and turning off
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Regardless of the terminology, the damn thing isn't functioning at the time, lol. You are trying to argue, you've attempted to refute in some way almost every single item of fact brought forth about the Xbox here. We get it Mosuke, you're getting the PS4, you shan't be swayed. I'm getting the Xbox, I too won't be swayed. But early on in this thread, one of your arguments was that "if we only were to look at the facts" the PS4 was superior, and yet now, when presented with facts completely allaying your previously posted concerns, you are not doing as you asked us to do, to "look at the facts." I've said it before, and I should have followed through, I won't be posting here again, it has 0 effect. People, buy whatever you like, in all honesty, I don't care. I'll be on my Xbox1, what is shaping up to be a damn good console, even if it does have a ridiculous name. If you also go that route, hit me up. If you go PS4, I really hope you enjoy that as well. Peace.

Last edited by DIS OldManTiger on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Shocked
OK, the system specs are slightly in favor of the ps4 if you ignore the kinect, which most gamers will
I you really read my posts properly you know that the latest round of info available for xb1 has returned me to almost 50/50 and its only the level of restriction placed by MS that is keeping me there
I prefer 360's over ps3's and i've owned both for years
At what point have i said 'fuck MS' i'm getting a ps4?
Everything the xb1 has touted as a feature the ps4 can do as well, with the exception of the circle of friends, which as i said i feel is a big plus BUT is there to gloss over DRM

READ my posts then tell me otherwise

p.s. i hold no ill will towards you, i just have a differing opinion... now go reopen tempted tuning!!
Back to top Go down
Document_One
Oil Changer
Document_One

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Well after reading all these beautiful post's i made up my mind... Fuk both of these consoles im going pc
Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 27940310
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:32 pm

MosukeKodoSan wrote:
Surely you can see why people are unhappy Tig?
Yes the circle is a solution to a problem, a problem MS have made wanting DRM and disc-less playback (was it really a hardship having to find a physical disc on the shelf to play a game?)

And the info on the kinect is still not enough, there is still not one single reason for not being able to unplug the kinect from the system if you are not using it and don't want it on. 'Pausing' it is not the same as turning it off, we know that. If MS decided to change T&C's after launch how many of us would read the 3rd appendix on the 2nd paragraph on the 35th page stating MS has the right to 'watch you while you sleep and smell your hair'
An extremism i know but being able to unplug if not in use would rest people fears.

My view is
DL the game and its on your system and that's it, no sales or gifting (the price you pay for convenience)
Buy a physical disc, fuck you MS i bought it and i'll do what i like... (inserts case into body cavity to prove somewhat painful point)
As it was before xb1 lol

I highly doubt your X1 will be on when your sleeping, and if you are so scared of them watching... just unplug it when you have it turned off.... I mean really, if you are so paranoid about a kinect, you probably don't have a cell phone, smart phone, a computer with a webcam or windows in your house.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Quote :

I know it wouldn't, i was highlighting peoples concerns in an exaggerated way... in fact not really that exaggerated as some people truly mistrust the reasons for it being powered up and connected, when not in use while playing
Why can't you just unplug the kinect from the xbox?

I'll stop thinking on the 'features' of xb1 as it enrages some members,
I'm really not sure about the looks of the ps4 and have never been a fan of the Sony controller as the xbox (all except the original xbox launch controller) has felt better for gaming

Anyone else got any concerns over the ps4?
Back to top Go down
END Cody
Junkyard Junkie
END Cody

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 5:21 pm

You say you're 50/50 but you sound very pro PS4.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 5:23 pm

because i'm not seeing as many issues with it other than i prefer the xbox controller and live service and i want fm5
Back to top Go down
END Cody
Junkyard Junkie
END Cody

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Issues?
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:24 pm

I see plenty of PS4 issues

-You can't "circle of friends" games
-They haven't talked about upgrading a server count, which if you played on PS3.... you know how terrible it is online
-All the exclusives look terrible (Killzone looks aight)
-They haven't talked about any cool features
-They haven't addressed upgraded security (PSN down for 2 months and credit cards and info was stolen, hasn't happened to the X1).

So what I've seen from Sony is that they've made a PS3.5. The Xbox One is completly different from the 360 and they are even talking about games being $40 when they get this going. Why? Because of always online and DRM (I don't even know what DRM is, but it sounds like something that can help us out in the future).

X1 issues

-Price tag
-Can't trade games (Like you used to)
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:58 pm

fair points, from the press the psn is undergoing massive change (bringing it inline with the new live services offered for xb1)
pretty much all the good features other than circle of friends is on both systems as far as i'm aware

i do hope games get a £15 reduction with the introduction of DRM on xb1, that plus the circle would even the playing field with sony over not having restrictions

and yes the security of psn is a huge issue and the reason i've not bought anything for the ps3 online. without this sorting i would really have to want a dlc to even consider putting my details on the sony servers

with games its just personal choice really, i'm interested in the story arc of halo not so much the gameplay anymore as other games have superseded it to me (and i dont like mp on it)
i've had killzone titles in the past and they are a little meh really, battlefield and cod have been my shooters of choice, even if they both have rather large flaws.
really forza is the only exclusive i really want but a single game isn't enough for me to chose a system

Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:26 pm

Titanfall may take over CoD. That's the exclusive I'll be waiting for. Forza is awesome, but I want something other than a game that just makes me mad.... Haha
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:41 pm

I've only seen 20sec of titanfall but it looks epic
I try not to get hyped over looks though as there were a lot of eye candy games at the beginning of the current gen that turned out to be cack, i do have high hopes for it though
The forza vids haven't really increased my excitement as we would expect fm5 to look better than 4... i wanna know about more rims, kits, engine swaps AND the removal of paint glitches that have been in the franchise since fm2 bounce bounce

after buying halo 4 to find out the current story progression, i thought... i could just search the cut scenes on youtube as the game's just not as engaging as halo 2.. with every xbox from the street hooked up in my front room with 8 kids arguing who got the biggest tv haha

its now the same kinda thing with the cod games, 4 of us used to love mw2 enough to spend most saturday night's over my buddies (his wife worked nights and he had 2 kids) 4 tv/pc screens jammed onto one coffee table drinking redbull and strong coffee til 5am
the only difference is, lag comp aside, i still find some fun playing blops2
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:49 pm

DIS OldManTiger wrote:
Regardless of the terminology, the damn thing isn't functioning at the time, lol.

Sorry man, but that's a lie. Technically, when it is paused, it is turned on, which means it's functioning in some way.

I do agree with you on everything else though. This thread was not supposed to be an argument.
Back to top Go down
Fadam
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:34 pm

On a completely different note. I wonder if people with 360s can join peoples parties on XB1, or even have them on their friends list...
Back to top Go down
http://moustacherides.tumblr.com/
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Probably be like PC and 360....
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:13 pm

i used to own the worlds shitest shooter, shadow run iirc
it was so woeful i never finished the training tutorial but it was 306-pc in the same mp lobbies apparently
so its not out of the realms of possibility that ms will alow cross platform chat
Back to top Go down
Volkswagen Yo
Mr. DIY
Volkswagen Yo

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Here's another one for you PS4 "NO USED GAMES" fanboys

Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Having read the article, i can say i agree 100% IF ms actually adjust prices in the steam business model, something they have yet to do... ever, occasional 10% off weeks are few and far between and most early titles are still north of £30 now. If they make it a true trade off with gamers, enabling us to pick up older games much cheaper than the latest title and not an exercise in greed i'd happily revel in the freedom the new 'circle' would bring.
Problem is buying a £430 system on faith that Microsoft doesn't want all my pennies isn't an option for me, i'm happy waiting to see how it turns out. That and the fact the evil online pass is simple, if hated by most, at least we know the score lol

The more pressing issue for Sony today is, after all the 'good work' of working with developers on the ps4 and promising more freedom, they have yet again screwed the pooch with ps3 software Neutral
A patch released this morning (subsequently removed from circulation) has on a 'small' number of ps3's completely removed the home menu system?! I mean WTF? An aging system they must know inside out after all these years, yet they still manage to effectively brick an undisclosed number of consoles Rolling Eyes
As potential ps4 owners are slowly forgetting the security breach and number of software problems that has arisen over the years, Boom! They remind us why we tend to play xbox 360 over ps3

Personally i cant justify myself buying either at launch anymore, so gt6 and gta5 better hold my attention til the dust has truly settled Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!   Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox ONE vs PS4: Microsoft REVERSES two policies! Video Inside!
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next