Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Attention All Shops!

Go down 
+20
Texas Chia
CheekyChipsYo
Sidewinder
Minty
TGF KillaCali
Old King
DB BeeDee
PhatballeR
Drags
Crook
END Cody
MichaelC
TXSCHMIDT
Impulse
TRK
Kru Jones
DIS OldManTiger
MosukeKodoSan
Falken HD
Smooth
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

Attention All Shops! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:21 am

Ok fellas........

Just got off the phone with TX and we came up with this rough idea. Keep in mind that this is ONLY a spitballed idea....and don't pay too much attention to the numbers..they are just for sake of the idea.

Starting a shop:

All shops pay a start up fee of $5000

This entitles THE SHOP ONLY:

50% off paint prices through shop only (owners would just pay minimum price no labor) for 1 month

The ability to charge whatever they please through the shop

So in this situation the shops bank statement would read a negative balance of $5000. As they did work and added funds to the balance, obviously it would get smaller until they were in the green. That would be the profit they made that month!

Every month the fee would be due (cost of doing business) but that would allow you to continue work as usual. The statement can be easily checked and all work MUST be in the statement. Trust will be key here as in no one wants to be constantly watched over.

If your shop is doing well, then the fee will not be an issue. If its doing poorly and you want to continue, pay the fee out of your personal funds (just like real life). Don't want to pay it. Close shop and pay regular prices, or buy paints from another shop.

Like I said...it's just an idea but what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:33 am

Don't want to completely shoot you down Kru or TX but I still think we're over thinking it. The way the paint shops were run before we're perfectly fine!! I don't know why all the sudden we felt the need to change the way they are going. I think we should just have the shops chose how much they want to charge for a job, and have that be it. If people want to cheat, so be it. That's their loss, not ours.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:18 am

Yes, we are over thinking it, but I think Kru and Schmidt are on the right track.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:05 am

Falken HD wrote:
Don't want to completely shoot you down Kru or TX but I still think we're over thinking it. The way the paint shops were run before we're perfectly fine!! I don't know why all the sudden we felt the need to change the way they are going. I think we should just have the shops chose how much they want to charge for a job, and have that be it. If people want to cheat, so be it. That's their loss, not ours.

WE didn't feel a need to change it.......SMOOTH requires us to follow his rles so he felt a change was in order. If you think that the shops were run fine before that's great but that's not the situation right now. There has too be a middle ground in order to please the masses. If you don't want to change that's cool by me and I respect that to the fullest. I'm not the one calling for change, but when the call comes you either roll or get rolled over. I don't get rolled over.......period. So something here has to give bro, we gotta come to an agreement. Otherwise we are just spinning wheels......
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder
Mr. DIY
Sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:26 am

Suddenly a light appears through the dark, gloomy fog. I love that idea, but is it periodically or a one-time fee?
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:20 am

We shouldn't change anything. There's way too much going on right now. How about we go back to the way shops were run? It was fine; don't pull a Ford and try to fix what ISN'T broken.

Anyone agree?

Back to top Go down
Sidewinder
Mr. DIY
Sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:25 am

Impulse, honestly I agree as long as no shop abuse is going on it is perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
END Cody
Junkyard Junkie
END Cody

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:25 am

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:47 am

Was there shop abuse before this long ass conversation took place?
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder
Mr. DIY
Sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:03 am

I believe there was, but I don't know who...
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:11 am

That's hearsay.
Back to top Go down
Minty
Oil Changer
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:39 pm

I'll be collecting a couple payments from CC today, what's the rules?
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:48 pm

I 100% agree with Impulse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:14 pm

oh u guys lied to me last night

u can still make your price

its just before u can sell the paint u have to get it priced checked then pay for the materials

basically u just raise your price, to cover the cost of the materials
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:19 pm

The problem with shops and the reason I brought this up now is that shops are making too much easy money. Some shops are working hard and earning their dollars don't get me wrong. The new rules are so it makes it fair for everyone to work just as hard to earn their buck like some shops do instead of having shops open and charge $2 for something that would regularly cost you $2,000. You should be thankful because you are losing money for charging legit prices.

Some of you may be getting confused, I am not stating that the new rules will rank how hard/easy your paints are to make. In real life making a sticker costs relatively similar, but what a shop makes of that sticker is where the profit margin is.

The rule will be something along Kru and TX's idea where shops make an investment to earn their money but it's not going to be a major game changer

And Impulse I know this is just a game, duh. But you have to understand that BNB has an economy and if that economy goes to hell then we might as well go running back to Fm.net in our S-Class Benz's.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:34 pm

As I've said before, if there is a price for materials, let us know those prices and we'll work within that construct. But some of the ideas here have been crazy. Paying 5k each month and hoping you make enough business to cover your nut is not right. Creating a price sheet for material costs for individual items seems to be the only way to move forward fairly in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
Texas Chia
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:45 pm

the pricing is right here for all materials

paint and body

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Texas Chia wrote:
the pricing is right here for all materials

paint and body

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You'd have to read the whole thread to get what we're talking about Chia. They are saying that pricing for materials is changing. There was confusion on quite a few shops' part for what patrons needed to be charged. So there is a restructure on the way. We've all seen that thread you linked to. The confusion for alot of folks I've talked to, and myself included, is that the shop needed to pay 3k to BnB on a full livery before any profit was made. Also, another bit of confusion is that the price of a 3k livery doesn't cover everything you want to do to your car, only colors, and stickers. No body mods. That was news to alot of us as well, both old and new members alike.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:27 pm

If you know it's a video game, then why are you taking it this far? I mean, right now we're just spinning wheels.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:50 pm

I think tigers on point here
Give us clear pricing, if shops get a discount fine, if not.. I guess we'll just have to make good paints to get the customers through the door
I don think any of the shops were intentionally 'cheating' or doing anything underhanded, we were all just on different pages

We can try new rules for shops and or shop fees, but that was not the original issue?
It was just that none of us knew what the costings were
I will as kru said to with the flow and do whatever smooth decides, as I enjoy painting for you guys more then the money (I have not spent a penny of the money I've made m7, just borrowed it for 2 days and paid it back lol)
BUT Please don't any of you stop painting because I was stupid enough to ask smooth to clarify the rules Sad
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:58 pm

IT WAS YOU??? MOS, SAY IT ISN'T SO?? NEVER GO AGAINST THE FAMILY FREDO!

J/K
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:12 pm

So this fishing trip, in the middle of the lake? I don't think ill be able to make it Tig, sorry
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:52 pm

MosukeKodoSan wrote:
So this fishing trip, in the middle of the lake? I don't think ill be able to make it Tig, sorry

But, but, the lake is so pretty brother. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:55 pm

I now have the trumpets in my head
You wanna be careful next time you go shopping for oranges!
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:59 pm

If the fishing trip is off, then what in the hell am I going to do with all this cement? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention All Shops!
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next