Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Attention All Shops!

Go down 
+20
Texas Chia
CheekyChipsYo
Sidewinder
Minty
TGF KillaCali
Old King
DB BeeDee
PhatballeR
Drags
Crook
END Cody
MichaelC
TXSCHMIDT
Impulse
TRK
Kru Jones
DIS OldManTiger
MosukeKodoSan
Falken HD
Smooth
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

Attention All Shops! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Yes he can.

But, where I live the shops don't pay full price so they can mark up. That goes for anything retail. I think if you have a shop then you should only have to pay for half of the 3k (1500).

Uncle Sam only takes 39% of my check but, gives me a chance to get a good part of it back at the end of the year. lol
Back to top Go down
TRK
TRK

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:27 pm

I can't tell you where this is coming from since quite frankly, I do not know.
Smooth probably wants to keep a close check on value and such.

@Tiger:
I do agree with you. I'm sure he comes around.
Either way, we do have the BNBPD that can check out shops.
We have a lot of "officers" so maybe delegate the tasks a bit?
A few do the garages, a few do the shops.

@Schmidt:
I like that.

Don't worry, we'll iron this out.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:04 pm

TXSCHMIDT wrote:
Yes he can.

But, where I live the shops don't pay full price so they can mark up. That goes for anything retail. I think if you have a shop then you should only have to pay for half of the 3k (1500).

Uncle Sam only takes 39% of my check but, gives me a chance to get a good part of it back at the end of the year. lol

I agree but heres the issue with that...everybody and their momma will have a "shop" so they can discount their own paints....but if their is a way to regulate it...im down!!!!

I do turn on the police lights a troll garages....for the most part all are in the up and up and legit.....i have NO problem callin someone out on incorrect moniez
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:11 pm

I think what's getting lost in the thread is the fact not everyone is following the same rule
Some of us are paying the base cost to bnb as the rules stand and others have not due to a misunderstanding. Right or wrong the rule is 2,800 for a respray and 3k for a full livery.
Personally I agree shops should get a good discount on it and that should be up for vote, but those are the current rules
Smooth might be a little heavy handed but that's his call, if we all agree to simple rule that everyone follows he will more likely drop what he thinks is a need for checkups
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:16 pm

How about a % like a tax? So that all work done in a shop gets taxed. Example: you go to the "Beat Street" shop you get a quote for 4k before tax and around here sales tax is around 15%, so tax would be $600 for a total of 4,600. The shop keeps the 4k and gives the 600 to BnB.

Those are just made up numbers, but I think it gets my point across. That would also cut out having to wait for someone to get back to you in check out lane. ( Having one tax like in real life across the board) Also, would open the door for the shop to have a sale or coupon day! lol
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:34 pm

TXSCHMIDT wrote:
How about a % like a tax? So that all work done in a shop gets taxed. Example: you go to the "Beat Street" shop you get a quote for 4k before tax and around here sales tax is around 15%, so tax would be $600 for a total of 4,600. The shop keeps the 4k and gives the 600 to BnB.

Those are just made up numbers, but I think it gets my point across. That would also cut out having to wait for someone to get back to you in check out lane. ( Having one tax like in real life across the board) Also, would open the door for the shop to have a sale or coupon day! lol

You guys better stay down wind...cuz this guy's ideas are the shit!! (or the Schmidt..depends on how ya look at it)
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:36 pm

It's prolly always a good idea to stay down wind of me at all times! lol
Back to top Go down
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm not sure what to think of this. Conversions are expensive and this will mark up my prices really far
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:50 am

I disagree with the tax shit too lol, it's a video game. Nothing against you Schmidt, but taxes sound dumb. I mean, we already have to keep a long ass bank statement and keep track of enough stuff, so why add taxes?

Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:22 am

Just an idea and why would I think you or what you think would be against me?
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:18 am

I don't know, I'm just assuming. You're a really chill guy and I wouldn't want beef with anybody haha.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:25 am

This rule has always been around but it was a bit of an unspoken rule. The only new addition to the rule is the Checkout Lane part of the idea. I understand its a bit meh but I would like the community to give this a try so we can see how things go.

Ideas that are churning are having a separate checkout lane for shops in the Marketplace section where shops get materials for cheaper. The catch is that shops must get permits. These permits can range from 1 to lets say 3 months.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
MichaelC
Junkyard Junkie
MichaelC

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:26 am

okay okay, go on

that sounds a ton better
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:10 am

instead of complaining about the rules, can we all work together to make new ones we are all happy with?
when [KCHS] blamaslama opened his shop and used prices that were too low the rules were explained to him clearly and he understood, others on the forum could easily see that from his thread. i'm not saying everyone read it but some of you must have, then decided to ignore the advice he was given. And that would include BNBPD members
i have no problem with the community deciding that shops pay $0 in materials if thats the consensus, but that is not the current rule.

After seeing [KCHS] blamaslama's pricing and a few liveries for sale under 3k, I pm'd smooth and said maybe he needed to clarify the rules so everyone was on the same page.
In typical Smooth fashion (as he has done 100% of the time lol) he took it one step further (As he did with lobby bonuses when Calluumm pulled it to his attention)

So just about everyone feels that shops should get a discount,
Some feel there should be no cost for parts or consumables,
Others think there should at least be a token cost to keep it closer to RL,

Where i think the lines have been blurred is the fact damage is free to fit, and the engine bays Graham makes should also be free as its emulating removing the bonnet (at the cost of 10min and a spanner)

I'm also a little lost as to why this hasn't already been resolved by the BNBPD as this is the exact job they are here for, its also not like they were all unaware of the pricing confusion as most have had works done by shops and should have questioned the lack of labour charges

I know this has become an essay, and i am not trying to single out anyone or even say anyone has done anything wrong, just that we have all got to play by the same rules, what ever they may be Very Happy

PS i love you all...
no homo
ok maybiez a little homo Wink
Back to top Go down
END Cody
Junkyard Junkie
END Cody

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:13 pm

These unspoken rules really piss me off. The whole community is very trust worthy and these rules should be out in the public for everyone to see and follow.
Back to top Go down
Crook
Oil Changer
Crook

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:25 pm

END Cody wrote:
These unspoken rules really piss me off. The whole community is very trust worthy and these rules should be out in the public for everyone to see and follow.
Quote for truth.
The way this is going, it'll end up that people will paint their own cars and that's it. The way I see it, if you can't paint- learn. It's not hard at all.
Back to top Go down
END Cody
Junkyard Junkie
END Cody

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:46 pm

I get that the community changes and we need new rules but there should be some sort of a discussion with the community because it is the community that keeps this site going and makes it fun.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:32 pm

END Cody wrote:
I get that the community changes and we need new rules but there should be some sort of a discussion with the community because it is the community that keeps this site going and makes it fun.

+1
the reason i started this hideous snowball of hatred amongst the community (i might be exaggerating slightly) was for smooth to get everyone on one page,
its clear everyone wants the rules changed, and we all know smooth listens to the community in situations like this
hopefully it will have its own thread and a new system can be agreed by all
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Wow, we're sort of on the same page now; and now to make a poll. Hopefully we can get this straightened out soon.

Mosuke, you have to understand that even though BNBPD is here to take care of stuff like this, most of us don't have the time. I, myself have finals this week and work 32 hours each week as well, so I stop by when I can.

I wasn't aware of this " unspoken" rule, nor were a majority of the community.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:09 pm

I understand Impulse, i didn't mean anyone in particular lol
I was just surprised i was the first to see there was confusion (i had no fucking idea how much lol)
Mainly as i dont check anyone's bank statement... unless i'm thinking of buying something from them Wink
Back to top Go down
Drags
Junkyard Junkie
Drags

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:14 pm

MosukeKodoSan wrote:
I understand Impulse, i didn't mean anyone in particular lol
I was just surprised i was the first to see there was confusion (i had no fucking idea how much lol)
Mainly as i dont check anyone's bank statement... unless i'm thinking of buying something from them Wink

I really never check bankstatements of Old members anyways..

I'll check new members like 1 day joined members, to see if there Bank statement is set up right and such, but other then that I don't really pay much attention to peoples Statements, but I'm always online stalking everyones posts.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/TunerAddictions
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:17 pm

lol i find it easier to check the statement for the price they paid for something pirat
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Ah, sneaky. Smile
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:42 pm

It was an unspoken rule because shops shouldn't be selling full liveries for $2,000 when it would cost you $3,000 to do it yourself. Just because you are called a shop doesn't mean that you get materials to sell for free. Everything in life has a cost and you must be able to surpass that cost first in order to make a profit.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
END Cody
Junkyard Junkie
END Cody

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:17 am

So what are all of these unspoken rules?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention All Shops!
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next