Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Attention All Shops!

Go down 
+20
Texas Chia
CheekyChipsYo
Sidewinder
Minty
TGF KillaCali
Old King
DB BeeDee
PhatballeR
Drags
Crook
END Cody
MichaelC
TXSCHMIDT
Impulse
TRK
Kru Jones
DIS OldManTiger
MosukeKodoSan
Falken HD
Smooth
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
PhatballeR
Mr. DIY
PhatballeR

Attention All Shops! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:41 am

Ok just to be clear(reading all the posts in this thread has thrown me off and im a bit tired..)

Shops Should all raise their prices to atleast match the cost from the checkout lane?

Like how a full paint costs $3k in the checkout lane, shop should charge atleast $3k + w.e for doing the work for a customer

and the shop would make w.e the cost is over the $3k as profit?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/brayan.sredzinski
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:27 am

In BNB it costs someone $2,500 to paint their car in a gloss color. If you are a shop it will cost you $2,500 because that's what it costs for someone to do it. So if you want to make a profit, you sell that paint job for let's say $3,000 so you get a $500 profit. Shops were not supposed to charge less than what things originally cost.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:32 am

Why the rule NOW, though? I mean, why discuss it now? What's done is done and it's not fair to make it active now after all these months and months of not doing it. Just like the 16 man cap(which was also dumb because people only got jealous of not being in the lobbies), this is pointless. It doesn't apply to me because I don't really paint, but I'm sure it's affecting somebody on here lol.

Back to top Go down
PhatballeR
Mr. DIY
PhatballeR

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 6:03 am

Well it has been a rule for a while, look at the checkout lane thread thing's date.

And its not that much of a killer idea, idk if i like the idea that it has to be approved though..

A simple gloss color change is $2,500 so a full livery would still cost up to like 10k by me, i mostly just get asked for WB kits and stickers though so it would just take like $60 off what i sell, its not like the customer is going to honestly tell me how big or small they really need it
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 7:16 am

I like the profit part of the idea, but I don't like the idea of having someone who wasn't there for the paint to decide how much it's worth. That's bullspit.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:21 am

Impulse i think you're getting confused as to the use of the checkout,
The only way it makes sense to me is that the mod's tell you the base price
ie the cost of that paint is 2.5k/3k.... then shops add their commission/labour charges before giving the invoice to the customer?
At least i hope thats the idea, as i dont think smooth wants to tell us how much to charge for our time and effort. Plus i wouldn't want him too as thats between shop and customer.
I feel it's unnecessary as no one's deliberately ignored the rules, but as baller said the rules been there since... well forever really. The only issue is that somewhere along the line a lot of shops (i originally thought it was 1 or 2 guys Shocked ) misconstrued the rule to mean a guide price with no parts cost being deducted

It's not the end of the world, and i can see that more then half the guys affected feel the rules need changing.
If we all work together to find a better rule we can at least bully Smooth into considering it lol
Back to top Go down
PhatballeR
Mr. DIY
PhatballeR

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:33 pm

If it bothers you so much tell the customer to pay the "supply" cost plus your cost on top of that? that way you still make whatever it is you make.

this isnt a new rule entirely so it isnt anything to get annoyed over, plus with everyone opening a shop now it may help people choose theyre favorite shops/painters more precisely. so it could help some of us out business wise.

the only thing i question is do we really have to get an approval for each job? couldnt you have a bnbpd person just keep a close on on the shop transaction statements and keep us on our toes instead? that way we could get to work asap without having to worry about getting declined.
Back to top Go down
DB BeeDee
BNBPD
DB BeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:37 pm

That is exactly what it is a "Supply cost" Paint doesn't just grow off of trees. Also I thought it worked that way anyway.

The suggestion I have is to give shops a discount on it so they can make an goodish profit.
Back to top Go down
PhatballeR
Mr. DIY
PhatballeR

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:58 pm

This could be a perfect oppurtunity for someone that isnt good at painting to PM smooth about opening a Paint supply shop that could get it at a better cost and from there they can decide how much to sell it to shops and how much to sell it to regular customers lol..............

...Just saying...
Back to top Go down
Old King
Mr. DIY
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:26 am

I do not understand this rule o.o for instance a wide body kit always costs minimum 1,600, a livery minimum 3,000, a carbon fiber door 800, et-c. How does getting them appraised change anything? Is it not that these things are no longer base-price but now cost shops potentially extra just because one might look flashier than the next? Shops would be forced to hike up prices exponentially to cover fluctuating crafting fees.

If that's the case, what's the point of having the shops? When people can just buy things at checkout base for themselves probably at a lower cost before labor fees. I mean, it's not like there is a "you can't make your own fiber glass kit because irl you wouldn't know half a shit about that" DIY rule. @w@

I can't quite wrap my head around how anyone thought this would work out well confused (unless there is the potential to manufacture certain items below base price as well now)
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 3:17 am

The rule about paying "BNB" x amount is fine, it's the "let someone quote you a value of the paint" rule that's irking me right now.
Back to top Go down
Old King
Mr. DIY
Old King

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 4:08 am

Impulse wrote:
The rule about paying "BNB" x amount is fine, it's the "let someone quote you a value of the paint" rule that's irking me right now.
+1
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 5:13 am

It's not based on the difficulty of your paint, it's based on the size of your stickers.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 5:16 am

Even still, the shop painted it, so the shop should decide.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 5:18 am

But the shop can't paint a wrap and only charge $2,000 for it because that gives them advantages over people who aren't in shops. It's been this way since day 1, you must pay to play.
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 5:23 am

It's been unspoken since day one lol.

Not trying to start an argument or anything, just trying to straighten this out. It's kinda iffy.

You said they have to pay BNB $3k plus their price to make a profit. I said that was cool and made sense. I didn't say anything about that being a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:43 am

King i dont think smooth will be changing prices per design, from what he's said it looks like he just wants to make sure everyone is paying the same in materials
But he is yet to clarify so you could be right pale
None of us fee the need for the checkout but its Smooth's forum, so until we can convince him the revoke it
Back to top Go down
TGF KillaCali
Mr. DIY
TGF KillaCali

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:51 am

IMO shops should pay xx% less

For example
Private party wrap price -3000 (retail)
Shop wrap price -2000 (wholesale)
-------------------------
Shops will still have to charge 3k
But will profit 1k
Or shops can also charge over 3k to profit more money, depending on what customer is willing to pay.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 4:23 am

Something along the lines of the above is in process, more info should be released by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
Minty
Oil Changer
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 2:21 am

The way I see it is, if I request someone to paint me a car, they do the hard work and send me the livery, then I pay to apply that livery to my BNB car.

Edit: Just read what Cali said, seems to be the best way to go about it.
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Shops will have a seperate checkout lane but you must buy a permit every month to deal in there so you aren't getting things for free. More details on this will come as soon as I get some numbers figured out.
Back to top Go down
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:29 pm

I still think things like this are unnecessary and ruining BNB like Impulse said. Why make it complicated when we were just fine before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Falken HD wrote:
I still think things like this are unnecessary and ruining BNB like Impulse said. Why make it complicated when we were just fine before.

Thank you sir. Finally someone sees the light.

I
T
s

A

V
I
d
E
o

G
a
m
e

#notreallife
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:35 pm

i'm not convinced either.... silent
Back to top Go down
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:33 am

Shops are charging half the prices just to paint cars one color. With the current rules (or lack of) I can start a shop and paint my own car for as little as I want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention All Shops!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next