Built Not Bought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Roleplay Server Est 2011

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Attention All Shops!

Go down 
+20
Texas Chia
CheekyChipsYo
Sidewinder
Minty
TGF KillaCali
Old King
DB BeeDee
PhatballeR
Drags
Crook
END Cody
MichaelC
TXSCHMIDT
Impulse
TRK
Kru Jones
DIS OldManTiger
MosukeKodoSan
Falken HD
Smooth
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

Attention All Shops! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:32 am

People aren't doing that actually from what I understand. Most of the paint shops out there either do bodywork (keep the base color the same) or a full livery which they charge enough. Instead of doing this whole process, I think you should just post a spreadsheet of all the things painters do (Vents, Bodykits, Respray Color, Custom Wrap, etc.) so we can total it up without a problem, and then you would be happy as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Smooth
Founder
Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:05 pm

That sounds like a good idea too and a lot easier in the long run.
Back to top Go down
http://slydelife.wordpress.com
Falken HD
BNBPD
Falken HD

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:22 pm

We should get more input but I think it would be easier like you said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/andy.madej
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

I think that would work!! Just like a parts spreadsheet...but itll be a bodywork spread sheet. easy, simple, done...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Well, I'm not painting anyones car but, my own from now on. It's already a pain in the ass for me to have to go thru all the spread sheets for parts just to up grade my car. That's why I said a % tax, because even it's a hell of a lot easier to just add. But, I understand that some can't or don't know how to do the math for that. I'll just pay the 3k for everything even if it's just a little sticker.

To me it sounds like there are a brunch of lazy people that rather have someone do the extra work to make a spreadsheet.

But, I'm not a "mod", "BNBPD" or anything, so I'll just go along until it's not fun anymore.

Last edited by TXSCHMIDT on Mon May 13, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Falken a idea is the right direction imho
Too many rules and 'checking over people's shoulders' doesnt fit with the bnb we all know and love,
1, there should be clear and easy rules for paints/parts
2, everyone should know and follow them
3, there is no 3 lol
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:53 pm

I disagree with all of this stuff. It's pointless. Who cares if shops charge less for a paint respray or a livery? Why is that such a big issue? I guess it's because I'm not a painter and don't see the big problem. I don't know.

I do know that smooth said opening a shop and painting your car for half the price isn't what you want to happen...

BUT IT'S NOT REAL LIFE. IN REAL LIFE, almost every paint shop charges THEIR OWN PRICE for paints, liveries, logos and such. Going back to the lower price point being the cornerstone of business, as Tiger said.

Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:05 pm

the spreadsheet idea isn't about laziness sir....its about continuity for charges for paints. I fee your pain tho....its knda difficult to know what direction to go with the charges. Before you say your done lets just say your on hold for a spell
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:08 pm

I wish that idea that we talked about making a poll on everything would actually get implemented... starting yesterday.
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Kru Jones wrote:
the spreadsheet idea isn't about laziness sir....its about continuity for charges for paints. I fee your pain tho....its kinda difficult to know what direction to go with the charges. Before you say your done lets just say your on hold for a spell

Oh it's not on hold, I'm only painting in BnB for myself. What I meant about be lazy is now someone (smooth) is going to have to make a price sheet for every kind of paint, logo, body, vents etc... So that's the part that's lazy. (lets make someone else do the work) I do know BnB was just so exciting when I first joined everyone was about the fun and cars. Now we got people scamming, crying and now this crap. (WHAT HAPPENED)

Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:40 pm

TXSCHMIDT wrote:
Kru Jones wrote:
the spreadsheet idea isn't about laziness sir....its about continuity for charges for paints. I fee your pain tho....its kinda difficult to know what direction to go with the charges. Before you say your done lets just say your on hold for a spell

Oh it's not on hold, I'm only painting in BnB for myself. What I meant about be lazy is now someone (smooth) is going to have to make a price sheet for every kind of paint, logo, body, vents etc... So that's the part that's lazy. (lets make someone else do the work) I do know BnB was just so exciting when I first joined everyone was about the fun and cars. Now we got people scamming, crying and now this crap. (WHAT HAPPENED)

LMAO!!!! i see your point and i gotcha!!!! No mo paintin for the public. As far as the cryin, scammin and bs....IDK what happened either.

Lets not abandon ship tho. (not talking about the paints) We can get this back to where it appeals to the masses. Impulse is right. we should have started a poll to gather LEGIT ways to correct the situation. Right now all we are doin is bitchin (and rightfully so). Now we have to move to the next step...SOLUTION
Back to top Go down
Impulse
BNB Aficionado
Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:44 pm

I'll tell you what happened.

Shit got real.

Literally.

People forget why BNB was made in the first place, and that was to have a place to get away from FM.net. Now, this place is slowly starting to turn into FM.net, what with all the crying, bitching and moaning, and cheating. Really? You're gonna cheat on a video game? You might as well not play it. This is not the same way it was when I first joined. No one cared about anything. The only notable rules were:

Respect others

Don't cheat in your statement

Have fun.

/rant.
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm sorry Kru! If it means anything venting Mad does make me feel better Laughing ! lol BnB is a great place and like no other.
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Its not about how I feel broski its about your feelings on the matter. A closed mouth won't get fed....and the only way to improve something is to gather info on where its hurting.

What I see as the root of the problem is that the rule was in place from jumpstreet but no enforced. Now that there is a need/want to dial things in more precisely, push back starts to happen. Now honestly I really dont have an opinion on the pricing. Whatever happens I'll just adjust accordingly. But if a rule was in place and nobody enforced it, does that make it no longer a rule but a suggestion?

When I joined the picture bnb painted in my mind was that there was a forum free of all the kiddy trash talk and Nazi mods. At no point in time did I get an idea that I could do what I wanted with out staying within bnb guidelines. Have I crossed into the grey area of paint pricing? You bet. Im just as guilty of as the next man. But I will be the FIRST to admit that I saw the rule, knew how to price it correctly and didn't do so. I followed the masses and was incorrect. Should I now start complaining to make it more fair for me or do I accept the situation and try to reconcile?
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Ok, here is what I know. Whenever I've done a paint for myself, I've always paid the 3k to BnB. But here is where the shit got confusing. It was never explained that the 3k was to simulate cost of materials. So, when we painted for others from our shop, we charged what we were willing to take for it, not knowing we had to cut BnB in on the juice first. We had some discounted pricing just to draw in some new business and show some of our work. So, while I believe shops should get discounted material costs, if the shop has to charge the BnB's 3k then charge what we want on top of that, ok, I understand that as well. BUT..... There should be NO price spread sheet for paintwork. What a shop charges, and what a shop patron is prepared to pay is not a damn bit of anyone else's business. Once I've paid BnB's set material cost, the remaining charges are up to me. I won't participate in posting a paintjob to have it assessed. It's not difficult, and doesn't require all this conversing. BnB, if a spread sheet is in the works, it should only be one for what the material costs are to the shops. That's just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
Sidewinder
Mr. DIY
Sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Hey Tig the spreadsheet it only for the price of materials, not what the shops prices are.
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:37 pm

DIS OldManTiger wrote:
Ok, here is what I know. Whenever I've done a paint for myself, I've always paid the 3k to BnB. But here is where the shit got confusing. It was never explained that the 3k was to simulate cost of materials. So, when we painted for others from our shop, we charged what we were willing to take for it, not knowing we had to cut BnB in on the juice first. We had some discounted pricing just to draw in some new business and show some of our work. So, while I believe shops should get discounted material costs, if the shop has to charge the BnB's 3k then charge what we want on top of that, ok, I understand that as well. BUT..... There should be NO price spread sheet for paintwork. What a shop charges, and what a shop patron is prepared to pay is not a damn bit of anyone else's business. Once I've paid BnB's set material cost, the remaining charges are up to me. I won't participate in posting a paintjob to have it assessed. It's not difficult, and doesn't require all this conversing. BnB, if a spread sheet is in the works, it should only be one for what the material costs are to the shops. That's just my opinion.

+1 and that's why I brought the tax idea where shop would have to pay a % to BnB. To me adding a % to what the shop wants to charge customers seems a lot easier to me then having to look up every little thing that's in paint on a price sheet. If people say, I'm not doing a tax for whatever they're reason is, is fine and I'll do what's asked or what the rules are, but wouldn't it be easier to add a % to cost, then having to look it up?
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:50 pm

After trying to make sense of the paint rules, I didn't even know wide bodies were extra ontop of a full livery so trying to follow the 'rules' is not really possible without a reform of the explication
I agree with kru's last comments, the rule was there, we ALL missed or misunderstood it
So why is everyone getting so agrivated over it
If the majority of the forum wants change it will probably happen... Eventually lol

Shmit, don't worry about pricing, that's kru's job lol

Tig, I think sides right its just the cost of materials on the spread sheet

And after seeing there's much more in parts then I thought, the prices are way too high for shops to make any real money!
I made up a wide body with a few bits for Maro, and it cost him over 8k! And there was no charge from the shop as he's part of it, why'd someone pay 12k min for that work when you add a very conservative labour charge?
Back to top Go down
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Ok I see your points and I want to voice my opinions:

Tiger: I didn't see your point but now I do and I am fully in agreement. Shops SHOULD charge what they want AFTER the initial $3k is paid. Noone should be allowed to regulate a shops pricesafter the initial requirement is met. I apologize for not getting that from you sooner.

TX: like the tax idea but it could get confusing. How about a vehicle registration fee? Like plates in real life?

So now what im seeing is that nobody really has an issue with the rule, the problem is that no shop wants to be told what the final price will/should be...is this correct?
Back to top Go down
MosukeKodoSan
Junkyard Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Until I saw the prices being added up properly I would have said yes, but now... The prices are too high for anyone to make money from their hard work
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:37 pm

I have no problem with the rules, we have to have rules. But, I do think that shops should get some kind of incentive for having a shop.
Back to top Go down
DIS OldManTiger
DIS OldManTiger

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Yes Kru, that is what I have an issue with as well as what Mosuke has said. Pricing is jacked. Until this very day, I thought that if you paid 3k to BnB, you could apply any flippin' thing to your car you want. But 3k just covers colors and logos? No shop will ever be worth the effort.

Back to top Go down
http://www.disdrifting.com
Kru Jones
Kru Jones

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:49 pm

So....problem is......Current base cost of liveries is too high for shops to make profitable money.

What if a shop paid an initial fee (like a permit in real life) lets just say $10k. This would allow them to have a certified shop and entitle them to a discounted supply price (lets say $1k for regular paint, $1500 for full livery). Also if a shop paid a monthly fee ($1k) this would allow them to continue pricing accordingly
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Doesn't that seem like a lot more work then just adding 5-10% to everything?
Back to top Go down
TXSCHMIDT
Mr. DIY

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:54 pm

We might have to hire a bookkeeper! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention All Shops!   Attention All Shops! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention All Shops!
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next